CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 13, 2022 at 12:09 AM Post #30,091 of 31,832
uhh, i just got the news on this rose series.

There is QT9 MK2 and a new QT9 MK2S
And apparently there is QT7 MK3 which sold for $100 with Sonion Driver.
damn....its MK2S i have lol...very confusing all these extra letters everywhere in chifi....
they are very good, bass might be where it will be hit or miss depending of tonal preference since its not rumbly, but fast punchy texture. it make me think of Seeaudio Yume on steroid (apart bass).
those Mk3 are intriging too. Roses is a ol'chifi company, and it seem they make their come back now.

May 13, 2022 at 12:13 AM Post #30,092 of 31,832
damn....its MK2S i have lol...very confusing all these extra letters everywhere in chifi....
they are very good, bass might be where it will be hit or miss depending of tonal preference since its not rumbly, but fast punchy texture. it make me think of Seeaudio Yume on steroid (apart bass).
those Mk3 are intriging too. Roses is a ol'chifi company, and it seem they make their come back now.
I'm trying to find good textured deep bass, with good weighty low male vocals for rock music to be paired with my more of pop music Aria
Reecho SG1 OVA seems to be the one but Sonion at $100 makes me curious.

I'm currently trying to find info on Rose, but if its a good old chifi company...
still... no graph or impression found.

May 13, 2022 at 1:43 AM Post #30,093 of 31,832
I'm trying to find good textured deep bass, with good weighty low male vocals for rock music to be paired with my more of pop music Aria
Reecho SG1 OVA seems to be the one but Sonion at $100 makes me curious.

I'm currently trying to find info on Rose, but if its a good old chifi company...
still... no graph or impression found.

Rose Techniques QT9 MK2S.jpg

Rose Technics QT9 MK 2S via IEC711 compliant coupler. The 8 kHz area is a coupler artefact peak.

Listening impressions to follow...

This is for the MK2S, not the regular MK2, their naming convention is super confusing.

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 2:55 AM Post #30,094 of 31,832
How much you pay for CRA? its a $15 iem.
hell, i bought it for $14. is it super awesome? for the most part prefer ZEX Pro for its better imaging and layering, but zexpro treble flaw annoys me.
And i'm interested in that other $15 that is much better than in details in that price range. I'm looking for beater iem right now.

The one in my radar is Nicehck DB1, which apparently have great tuning but i haven't heard that its good in details.
I used to have Tanya is not that far and its a fun musical iem, but blurry in details.
I only use quark for half a day then gifted it to a coworker in office event so i didn't remember much.
Maybe the recent Moondrop Chu which apparently does have good details for the price.
Waistdrum is Tanya upgrade but at $40 its not in CRA budget class
You should add the KZ EDA package to your radar. I have both the NiceHCK DB1 and the KZ EDA and actually the KZ EDA "balanced" are much better and precise in the overall tuning and hi-end extension and are also constructively better built than the DB1, IMHO.

-Clear

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 5:09 AM Post #30,095 of 31,832
Just got the CCA CRA after being recommended elsewhere - very disappointed in them, lack of detail compared to others in the price range. **** all the way.
If you find a better sounding IEM for that price tell us what it is! Try using foam or narrow bore tips if it's the treble that bothers you.

CRA is a pretty well tuned "V", good treble and sub-bass extension and the mids aren't too recessed. Yes it's a little edgy up top but otherwise good. If you want something with neutral tuning, then your out of luck at that price point.

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 5:26 AM Post #30,096 of 31,832
If you find a better sounding IEM for that price tell us what it is! Try using foam or narrow bore tips if it's the treble that bothers you.

CRA is a pretty well tuned "V", good treble and sub-bass extension and the mids aren't too recessed. Yes it's a little edgy up top but otherwise good. If you want something with neutral tuning, then your out of luck at that price point.
Neutral at that point, i'll recommend the ol Tin T2.
Its not as "fun" or engaging but its pretty neutral so every sound is easily hearable without covered by other instrument or unnecessary recessed.

May 13, 2022 at 5:33 AM Post #30,097 of 31,832

I find the DB3 quite impressive by the price, now e. 20/21 but I've paid e. 18.
A basshead iem, warm but enough clear, good separation, the bass affect a little the tonality and the instruments are a bit to big and
bold in a nice way and enough revealing always according to the price.

May 22, 2022 at 8:01 AM Post #30,098 of 31,832
FIIO FD3 PRO review is up.
THE PLUS:
-Fun energic gently bright V shape
-headbanging thumpy bass
-dense timbre
-good notes weight
-cohesive tonality
-wide and tall soundstage
-nice male vocal
-modular cable included

THE MINUS:
-average tecnicalities
-average resolution and transparency
-bordeline shouty in rare occasion
-rolled off bass and treble
-lack of air and sparkle on top
-very tight mmcx connector
-very tight modular cable connector

https://nobsaudiophile.com/2022/05/21/fiio-fd3-pro-review-headbanging-energic-fun/

May 22, 2022 at 8:06 PM Post #30,100 of 31,832
I did review the Rose Technics QT-9 MK2S for those interested, since it has come up on this thread.
nice nuanced review mate. i love those and your on point in your impressions. my only real quirk is lack of well feel rumble and perhaps lack of natural sparkle decay like 99.9999% of all multi ba or hybrid using ba for treble.
otherwise, balance is incredibly cohesive yet not dull à la Yume and dynamic is felt, bass in fact have some pros, like punch, speed and texture, near anlytical yet not agressive...very well tuned IEM imo and first one i try from this old wolf (come back) chifi company!

May 23, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #30,101 of 31,832
Estou tentando encontrar um bom baixo profundo texturizado, com bons vocais masculinos baixos para o rock ser emparelhado com a minha música mais pop Aria
Reecho SG1 OVA parece ser o único, mas Sonion a $100 me deixa curioso.

Estou tentando encontrar informações sobre Rose, mas se é uma boa e velha companhia chifi...
ainda... não gráfico ou impressão encontrado. UCL

May 26, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #30,103 of 31,832
Hi all,
Heart Mirror is at home. 😃

I want to assure NINPHONOMANIAC I absolutely don't find this iem pearcing or bass lacking, I love it! 😉👍

Just open and try without any burn in, I thing it could only become better.

This is a perfect complement to the Aria, my fist impressions about it with original cable and black tips:
Very good bass and subbass extension, firm and fast.
Transparent, detailed, very pleasing mids.
Estended highs, airy, very detailed and absolutely not pearcing or sibilant (I'm trebbles sensitive), best refined and less fatiguing then EA1.
Fast transients with good macro and micro dinamics.
Timbre is correct and natural, maybe an hint euphonic in a very pleasant way.

Thank's to all that suggest me this gem! 👍😃😃

May 26, 2022 at 6:08 AM Post #30,104 of 31,832
Hi all,
Heart Mirror is at home. 😃

I want to assure NINPHONOMANIAC I absolutely don't find this iem pearcing or bass lacking, I love it! 😉👍

Just open and try without any burn in, I thing it could only become better.

This is a perfect complement to the Aria, my fist impressions about it with original cable and black tips:
Very good bass and subbass extension, firm and fast.
Transparent, detailed, very pleasing mids.
Estended highs, airy, very detailed and absolutely not pearcing or sibilant (I'm trebbles sensitive), best refined and less fatiguing then EA1.
Fast transients with good macro and micro dinamics.
Timbre is correct and natural, maybe an hint euphonic in a very pleasant way.

Thank's to all that suggest me this gem! 👍😃😃

I've been avoiding the Heart Mirror because I'm treble sensitive. Tempted but no...

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 7:16 AM Post #30,105 of 31,832
I've been avoiding the Heart Mirror because I'm treble sensitive. Tempted but no...
Hi Carpet,
I was afraid too it could be bass lacking and pearcing like as KB04 or EA1, for me boot fatiguing, I've modded them to tame down the to much exuberant trebbles, but it isn't so.
Many forumer said the Mirror isn't fatiguing and I must say that's true.

Now I'm hearing The Queen of the Night Diana Damrau version, she go very high with the voice, or Vai's Herotic Nightmare and I've no problems.

Chamaleon go very deep in the subbass, Waves by Mr Probz and Robin Shulz is very puncy, not basshead level but satisfying.

I'm using JM10 dac very clean and open, if I put them directly in my Xiaomy 10lite it drive them without problems and more velvety but I loose the details magic.

I can't say Mirror is relaxing, but It is pleasant enough.

This are my two cents. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back