CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 13, 2022 at 3:05 AM Post #29,761 of 31,833
For some reason CRA doesn't work well with my library, bass lack punch, a little harsh 5k, vocals don't sounds quite good. Always have to EQing them. Aria is clearly a safer bet (for me)
Maybe unit variant
The nozzle mod improves on the vocals and harshness a lot. Bass wise i feel that the CRA is already at the limit quantity wise but perhaps your library just needs more bassy sets.

Mar 13, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #29,762 of 31,833
ill go BQEYZ way, like K2 or KC2 since they know how to build IEM unlike KZ and i never have any QC issue and built is ultra sturdy....kinda mindblowing for 30$ in fact. timbre is better tha NRA C12 (not Tanya).
It depend what you want, if you want serious reference crisp sound HZsound Mirror is great.
Final E1000 is logical sidegrade to Tanya.
Aria is great, one of my fav sub 100$ but not everybody love them since dynamic is a bit lean and bass slam on the smooth not energic punchy side...
Whizzer HE01 too is still great, similar to T3+
Thank's NynPHONOmaniac, you are always kind and precise in your replay. :)

I try to explain better my taste (sorry for my english) d*6 is my reference in subbass bass quality.
Reading your BQ3 review I find C10 and Zs10pro bass to bloated.
Shozy Form 1.1 bass are tick but too much.

Tanya has an overall pleasant presentation I like it a lot, but lack details and transient speed I search for an upgrade.

NRA high mids and trebbles are just a little peaky and fatiguing to my taste, better C12 but I'm looking for something more refined.

I'm afraid HZ Mirror is too peaky and lack bass and Aria too could not match my taste.

Whizzer Kilin HE01 are in my radar.

I'm looking for an iem fun and engaging but refined, detailed and trasparent but not too peaky (I could be tollerant about this :wink:), an iem that is really an upgrade of the iems I just have and I've mined a lot in the forumer review to chose. Thank's all.:)

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2022 at 8:05 AM Post #29,763 of 31,833
The nozzle mod improves on the vocals and harshness a lot. Bass wise i feel that the CRA is already at the limit quantity wise but perhaps your library just needs more bassy sets.
Not really, i'm fine with CRA bass quantity but not quality, it's don't have the timbre, punchiness that i'm looking for (something like Sony Z1r bass). If you fine with CRA bass, there's a chance that your library going to be EDM/ Orchestra/ Ambient, for my rock library it doesn't meet my requirement. This is the mod i did with CRA, use them to listen to game OST, love it
Edit: i'm more of a mid/treble head than bass head, but i like well done bass
graph (28).png

I try to explain better my taste (sorry for my english) d*6 is my reference in subbass bass quality.

Tanya has an overall pleasant presentation I like it a lot, but lack details and transient speed I search for an upgrade.

NRA high mids and trebbles are just a little peaky and fatiguing to my taste, better C12 but I'm looking for something more refined.

I'm afraid HZ Mirror is too peaky and lack bass and Aria too could not match my taste.

I'm looking for an iem fun and engaging but refined, detailed and trasparent but not too peaky (I could be tollerant about this :wink:), an iem that is really an upgrade of the iems I just have and I've mined a lot in the forumer review to chose. Thank's all.:)
Aria (tried)/ Tin T3 +/ Dunu TitanS is definitely a good choice, even tho i don't have any of them right now to help you know what to buy, but all of them are good and you would be happy with them, perhaps you should try Dunu Titan S
graph (29).png

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #29,764 of 31,833

Hum, Aria might lack energic fun factor....lotta people find them boring while i find them mature with appealing extra sub bass...and excellent technicalities. HE01 is an upgrade over T3+ as said imo still transparency isnt really there, texture is a bit saturated-opaque.
whats your max price range btw??

im still loving the Audiosense AQ4 alot, right balance between fun and balanced signature with good technicalities that doesnt affect tonality in a clinical or non-musical way.

in super cheap budget I still find the KZ CRN decent even if their been a KZ drama about poor drivers impementation....Tripowin Lea too is something very good.

KBear meteor is quite warm, but non fatiguing, fun and tonaly pleasant with very beautifull vocal for an hybrid.

DIdnt try Tripowin Olina but it seem excellent too, like a cheaper answer to Kato.

BQEYZ KB100 and Spring2 are good bet too, the latter being brighter bassier.

Mar 13, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #29,765 of 31,833
Thank's again NinPHONOmaniacsAria might lack energic fun factor....lotta people find them boring while i find them mature with appealing extra sub bass...and excellent technicalities. HE01 is an upgrade over T3+ as said imo still transparency isnt really there, texture is a bit saturated-opaque.
whats your max price range btw??

im still loving the Audiosense AQ4 alot, right balance between fun and balanced signature with good technicalities that doesnt affect tonality in a clinical or non-musical way.

in super cheap budget I still find the KZ CRN decent even if their been a KZ drama about poor drivers impementation....Tripowin Lea too is something very good.

KBear meteor is quite warm, but non fatiguing, fun and tonaly pleasant with very beautifull vocal for an hybrid.

DIdnt try Tripowin Olina but it seem excellent too, like a cheaper answer to Kato.

BQEYZ KB100 and Spring2 are good bet too, the latter being brighter bassier.
Thank's again NinPHONOmaniacs.

E. 100 is my max price.

Tri Meteor and Olina are little more up but could worth the effort with a preference for the Olina.

Lower price I find interesting Bqeyz K2, Tripowin TC01 and Jade Audio Ea1 all less refined than Olina/Meteor but fun and competitive in the price range?

Thank's Tzenn too!
Maybe Titan S could have too little bass enfasis for my taste?

Mar 13, 2022 at 11:47 PM Post #29,766 of 31,833
Thank's again NinPHONOmaniacs.

E. 100 is my max price.

Tri Meteor and Olina are little more up but could worth the effort with a preference for the Olina.

Lower price I find interesting Bqeyz K2, Tripowin TC01 and Jade Audio Ea1 all less refined than Olina/Meteor but fun and competitive in the price range?

Thank's Tzenn too!
Maybe Titan S could have too little bass enfasis for my taste?
if you like Tanya, a chance that you will like the Aria is pretty high, Aria (for me) is like a refined verson of any of iem under 100$, Titan S on the other hand (i think) is an upgrade that you might looking for, a jump in technical performent, more mature tuning. Also the Olina seems to have problem with upper mid, so it needs some mod, still Titan S with filter looks better
graph (33).png

Love to see Titan S with Carbon driver instead of LCP, but anyway
Edit: if you listen to orchestra/ EDM then CRA is a great buy aswell

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2022 at 12:13 AM Post #29,767 of 31,833
if you like Tanya, a chance that you will like the Aria is pretty high, Aria (for me) is like a refined verson of any of iem under 100$, Titan S on the other hand (i think) is an upgrade that you might looking for, a jump in technical performent, more mature tuning. Also the Olina seems to have problem with upper mid, so it needs some mod, still Titan S with filter looks better

ARIA FTW mate....i find very funny people that say T3plus is superior.
Titan have a S perhaps for Shoutyness...not sure, didnt hear it but the section bump is a bit dangerous in that regard.
Olina seem legit. I dont say this with joy....since I dont like Linsoul nor BGGA.
Still, i think he say Aria isnt for him...Tanya have thicker timber and more V shape overall signature. I adore both.
You have good taste mate. HZsound Mirror. Aria. All big WIN imo

Mar 14, 2022 at 12:14 AM Post #29,768 of 31,833

As someone who move from Tanya to Aria (still daily aria)
Aria definitely clear upgrade from Tanya. the clarity, the technical capability, great nuanced female vocal with proper body.

however, Tanya sounds is Chunky. Tanya for bass, low growling, guttural male vocal (rock and all) still have "better" body than Aria.
Aria may have better resolution, but jumping from Tanya to Aria, that's one possibly only aspect that i feel Aria is lacking from Tanya.

That being said, the "lacking" part may comes from Aria is better polished so it may suppose to sounds more natural than overly chunky sounding Tanya, but still...
Aria is still super awesome and i got mine (4 month old second hand) for $53, its a steal for that price

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2022 at 12:28 AM Post #29,769 of 31,833
As someone who move from Tanya to Aria (still daily aria)
Aria definitely clear upgrade from Tanya. the clarity, the technical capability, great nuanced female vocal with proper body.

however, Tanya sounds is Chunky. Tanya for bass, low growling, guttural male vocal (rock and all) still have "better" body than Aria.
Aria may have better resolution, but jumping from Tanya to Aria, that's one possibly only aspect that i feel Aria is lacking from Tanya.

That being said, the "lacking" part may comes from Aria is better polished so it may suppose to sounds more natural than overly chunky sounding Tanya, but still...
Aria is still super awesome and i got mine (4 month old second hand) for $53, its a steal for that price
Right on mate...will not repeat my last post, but your right.

You know...their always been an ''audiophile dilemma'' for me about timbre density....more its dense...less its transparent. Right balance that permit transparency with thickness is so ****ing rare...

So at they end, Aria isnt as thin as some other transparent IEM, it have air...in density...for ex, Tanchjim OLA is thinner.

Mar 14, 2022 at 1:14 AM Post #29,770 of 31,833
ARIA FTW mate....i find very funny people that say T3plus is superior.
Titan have a S perhaps for Shoutyness...not sure, didnt hear it but the section bump is a bit dangerous in that regard.
Olina seem legit. I dont say this with joy....since I dont like Linsoul nor BGGA.
Still, i think he say Aria isnt for him...Tanya have thicker timber and more V shape overall signature. I adore both.
You have good taste mate. HZsound Mirror. Aria. All big WIN imo
I always find that 3,3khz bump make macro detail more crisp and make high notes vocals sound... well harsher ... but it's acceptable (???), by any means i still think it's a well tuned iem. If they can make TitanS with Carbon driver + 2 BA, with more bass, better treble, even if they priced same as Z1r i still choose TitanS right away!
I always categorized into 2 type of iem, the one that try to impress you, and the one that you come to appreciated. Tanya have a certain Wow effect, so refined version of it is Aria which is opposite. For me, I always go for the one that impress me instead of being all rounder (safe) ...

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2022 at 5:27 AM Post #29,771 of 31,833
I always find that 3,3khz bump make macro detail more crisp and make high notes vocals sound... well harsher ... but it's acceptable (???), by any means i still think it's a well tuned iem. If they can make TitanS with Carbon driver + 2 BA, with more bass, better treble, even if they priced same as Z1r i still choose TitanS right away!
I always categorized into 2 type of iem, the one that try to impress you, and the one that you come to appreciated. Tanya have a certain Wow effect, so refined version of it is Aria which is opposite. For me, I always go for the one that impress me instead of being all rounder (safe) ...
It's always a pleasure read all you. :)

I understand your technical and audiophile approach, some of you are very good and experienced reviewers.

I agree with NinPHONOmaniacs
Right balance that permit transparency with thickness is so ****ing rare...
(I'm again going crazy projecting my self made personal speakers😂😂)

Immo the right balance (ipotetically 20/20.000 hz) in music reproduction needs sub bass deep as possible, (in spycoacoustic give spatiality not only impact) enough mid bass to give body to the whole sound (male vocals bass guitars orchestral strings section piano organs), rich detailed mids, transparent high mids and trebbles estended as possible without artificial peaks (to may have instruments right and deep sense of position too).
All this with good speed and fast transient, but with little slower decay (more realistic).

In the real world instruments have body and never are strident (think about violins or trumpets).
Earing fatigue came from distortion (most in third harmonic) introduced by reproduction system technical implementation and mastering choose.

(I hope my technical expressions are comprensibile 'cos my english limits😊)

As example to my (old) ears Tanya is a relaxing pleasant iem, nothing more, many could definitely be happy with.😉

But I'm got by the iems monkey and I ask and trust in your experienced opinion 'cos I can't try more expansive iems.
I could experiment with cheap iems but is impossible to me do the same thing with more expansive iems.

This is my modest opinion as musicians and hifi entusiast.

Thank's all!

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #29,772 of 31,833
As you can always expect on AliExpress, the seller was so nice to have included some "Sony condoms" with the IEMs 😂😂

Safcecc6c77344ecca4dfbf6b008e69deZ.jpg

I wonder what translators they even use 😂

Mar 14, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #29,773 of 31,833
ahah....well....i always see ear tips as something VERY intimate so...:ksc75smile:

Mar 14, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #29,774 of 31,833
hum, yes, the TANCHJIM OLA grow on me.

ill be the black sheep about those I guess.

simply put: technicalities are insanely good in sub-100$ price range.

There you go for my first impressions:

TONALITY: 7.8/10
TECHNICALITIES: 8.8/10
CONSTRUCTION-COMFORT: 7/10
SOUND BENEFIT: 8.5/10

OLA, a mature vivid sounding IEM with crazy technical performance, severe tonality and extreme clarity.

OLA, tuned by ASANO TANCH, tuner of the OXYGEN. (edit: seem like this assumption is BS....)

OLA, the polar opposite of Tanya. Anti-coloration, anti bass warmth and rumble, anti-thick timbre.

OLA, in my case, need brain burn in to be fully enjoyed, as well as finding the right ear tips to get a secure fit and open sound.

OLA-NALITY= Bright neutral with hint of extre mid bass punch, high level of transparency and sharp and textured treble.

TECHNIC-OLA-LITIES= Extremely good, fast snappy attack, excellent resolution and transparency with rich nuanced texture, imaging with rich layering and crisp positioning. Real mind blow here, i need to compare to HZsound Mirror but these might be in similar league, timbre seem to have more micro details in texture for ex and sound is a bit less flat and more holographic.

OLA TIMBRE= even if I praise it, it have a slight metallic edge to it sometime, it's a bit thin too and brightish-dryish, this is is a timbre to charm your ears it their to extract presence of every sound info.

BASS: This is were the sword hit, it will be hate-love affair, its just a hint boosted in mid bass so kick do have weight and energy, minimal, that permit to keep everything clean. Here the texture work better since it embrace bass roundness. Sub bass is there (once you got the right eartips) and produce minimal rumble, qui similar to HZsound Mirror in that regard, for ex, with track Moonlight from IAMDDB you can feel the sub bass density but it's articulation is a bit flat, still, it permit to be well separated from the punchy kick. This is what is phenomenal here, how the sub-kick and mids are perfectly articulated and separated. Its a versatile ''unfun'' bass, it do well with acoustic bass in jazz trio even if i would love a bit more resonance and body.

MIDS: Hum, crisp and transparent, light in weight, piano note are fastly rendered, clean and clear but lacking a bit in lead attack and resonance, 2 things that can interfer with clarity in busy track so here the OLA deal like a champ. We have more texture than density and warm. Female vocal are suprisingly full and well rounded though, very beautifull and fowards yet non sibilant or artificial. In fact, it might be the most natural part of sound rendering of OLA: a female vocal lover IEM.

TREBLE: Fast, energic, between dry and airy and very generous in micro-details even if it doesn't feel unbalanced or overly an analytical. Sometime it can go a bit hot (especially at high volume) so cymbals splash will sound a bit harsh and shouty. I would have love a bit more brilliance and sparkle, for ex the harpsichord of Pierre Hantai sound a bit dry and lacking in natural decay, but he play so ****ing fast that at least the OLA can keep up with it's performance, never mixing notes in a messy resonant way. But lack of note weight and sparkle make it hit or miss depending of harmonic range he play. So, a hint clinical too is the treble.

SOUNDSTAGE is deeper and taller than wider, and I highly suggest to use KZ STARLINES eartips to not make it overly intimate.

IMAGING is excellent as stated in technicalities section, since we have both transparency and crisp resolution, the mix of transparent sound layers and static instrument positioning is way above it's price range here.

CONCLUSION

Asano Tanch know how to tune reference sounding IEM with mature tonality, high level of resolution and near unseen technical performance for the price. This IEM will impress more the hardcore audiophile than does that search for colored and charming musicality with warm natural timbre or fun soundsig with extra bass. It's an IEM that can grow on you when you feel like going critical listening, it's not a boring one, in fact, it can be perhaps fatiguing for some treble sensitive people since its very energic and lively.
Anyhow, this is an audacious tuning choice from Tanchjim that might pay in the long run since their no other IEM with this very tonality wtv price range I try...
These OLA deserve respect, even if the musicality is unforgivably severe.

Mar 14, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #29,775 of 31,833
This new chifi group seem promising, at least in term of full chifi market covering without any bias from the admin (promoting agenda that can put into shadow some brands or products connected to competitors etc). seem like a positive place too, but its a very young group (1 day). the goal seem to be positive and avoid toxic sound preference debate.
it need some help to grow. so why not join?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/517665269706033

Users who are viewing this thread

Back