CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 29, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #29,116 of 31,834
11.11 on Ali is so weak.. was hoping to get Heart Mirror for 30.. and there's barely a dollar discount :/
Is there anything worth getting, with a large discount?
Your right, lowest price I see for HZM is 40$....but perhaps they're a way to get extra discount and coupons...
Other good bargain imo are:
BQEYZ KC2 for 30$
BLON BL03 for 20$
KBear KB04 for 18$
Tanchjim Tanya for 18$
Whizzer HE01 for 65$
Tinhifi T2 for 30$
Seeaudio Yume for 150$
Moondrop Aria for 68$
Tri I3Pro for 148$
KBear Aurora for 130$

(again, you can surely lower the price with coupons and stuffs!)

Oct 29, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #29,117 of 31,834
Your right, lowest price I see for HZM is 40$....but perhaps they're a way to get extra discount and coupons...
BQEYZ KC2 for 30$
BLON BL03 for 20$
KBear KB04 for 18$
Tanchjim Tanya for 18$
Whizzer HE01 for 65$
Tinhifi T2 for 30$
Seeaudio Yume for 150$
Moondrop Aria for 68$
Tri I3Pro for 148$
KBear Aurora for 130$

I believe they also got $2 off every $25 you spend which comes on top of that. Which just sweetens the deal on some of those.

Oct 29, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #29,118 of 31,834
11.11 on Ali is so weak.. was hoping to get Heart Mirror for 30.. and there's barely a dollar discount :/
There gonna be aditional coupons like 4€ for every 30€ spent or 15€ for every 100€. Also I think there is gonna be a promo using PayPal and getting a discount. Not sure if the coupons and the PayPal thing gonna stack tho.

I'm on the same boat as you, only thing is I dont have anything on mind and there is so many options that I feel a bit overwhelmed. The only decent Chi-fi IEMs that I got so far are the Blons03 that I got last year but I hate them so much due to bad fit, no matter what I do I cant get a proper seal.
So here I am waiting for the 11.11 sales like many others I guess.
BQEYZ KC2 for 30$
BLON BL03 for 20$
KBear KB04 for 18$
Tanchjim Tanya for 18$
Whizzer HE01 for 65$
Tinhifi T2 for 30$
Seeaudio Yume for 150$
Moondrop Aria for 68$
Tri I3Pro for 148$
KBear Aurora for 130$

Thanks for the recommendations!

Any thoughts on the CCZ Emerald or the Moondrop Quarks? CCZ Emerald getting to 15€ and the Quarks to 12€ on the 11.11 sale
(Looking to get somewhat away from very V shaped or bassy signatures)

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #29,119 of 31,834
Two months ago all prices raise by 20/30% on AliExpress, by now every discounted iems in my radar cost more then before. 😥

Oct 29, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #29,120 of 31,834
Any thoughts on the CCZ Emerald or the Moondrop Quarks? CCZ Emerald getting to 15€ and the Quarks to 12€ on the 11.11 sale
I can vouch for the CCZ Emerald being a great set, a nice mild v-shaped sound with a slightly warm tilt and good extension down low. But if you use it with a warmer source it will get bassy but not boomy. I've got a mini review of it in the CCZ tread and so does @Nimweth a few comments above mine. It might not fit what you want exactly but at that price it's a steal.

As for getting away from the very v-shaped or bassy signatures, maybe look at the KBEAR Lark or the KZ DQ6. Both should be around the same price and are more balanced in their signatures.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #29,121 of 31,834
I think we should wait for the annual @baskingshark post about brilliant deals. 11.11 is usually weak if you don't have spare coupons to boost the discount

Oct 29, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #29,122 of 31,834
I can vouch for the CCZ Emerald being a great set, a nice mild v-shaped sound with a slightly warm tilt and good extension down low. But if you use it with a warmer source it will get bassy buy not boomy. I've got a mini review of it in the CCZ tread and so does @Nimweth a few comments above mine. It might not fit what you want exactly but at that price it's a steal.

As for getting away from the very v-shaped or bassy signatures, maybe look at the KBEAR Lark or the KZ DQ6. Both should be around the same price and are more balanced in their signatures.
I agree on the Emerald, I just wish it was a little more comfortable (for me personally).

Oct 29, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #29,124 of 31,834
There gonna be aditional coupons like 4€ for every 30€ spent or 15€ for every 100€. Also I think there is gonna be a promo using PayPal and getting a discount. Not sure if the coupons and the PayPal thing gonna stack tho.

I'm on the same boat as you, only thing is I dont have anything on mind and there is so many options that I feel a bit overwhelmed. The only decent Chi-fi IEMs that I got so far are the Blons03 that I got last year but I hate them so much due to bad fit, no matter what I do I cant get a proper seal.
So here I am waiting for the 11.11 sales like many others I guess.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Your welcome!
Still waiting for my Emerald to arrive so I can't say....but the Quarks was about 15$ before, so it's no big deal....as well, it's not a very musical IEM to listen to. I never use it.

Oct 29, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #29,125 of 31,834
Your welcome!
Still waiting for my Emerald to arrive so I can't say....but the Quarks was about 15$ before, so it's no big deal....as well, it's not a very musical IEM to listen to. I never use it.
I bought Tanya and ponders about buying quarks but ended saving for and getting Aria instead.
Tanya main problem is the resolution which she doesn't have much and small soundstage despite the decent layering.
But Tanya have great vocals which i love so much. after many KZ V-shape, proper thicker vocals is nice to hear.
It need certain amount of power to make it "sing" tough.

Hows Quarks compared to tanya? is it the better for recommendation?

Oct 30, 2021 at 4:15 AM Post #29,126 of 31,834
I think that it comes down to personal preferences as to sound signature and music choices more than the actual difference between the IEMs.

Personally, the tuning of the Quarks fit me better but I don't really have any issue with the Tanya either. I think I did a brief comparison of them in my Quarks review.

Oct 30, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #29,127 of 31,834
I bought Tanya and ponders about buying quarks but ended saving for and getting Aria instead.
Tanya main problem is the resolution which she doesn't have much and small soundstage despite the decent layering.
But Tanya have great vocals which i love so much. after many KZ V-shape, proper thicker vocals is nice to hear.
It need certain amount of power to make it "sing" tough.

Let's say the Quarks don't sing to you but make a serious talk instead. Its sound is more clinical, brighter-shoutier and with higher resolution due to less boosted bass. Tanya is more V shape and warm, with thicker mids and fuller-smoother vocal. Soundstage is wider while deeper with Quarks. The sound of Tanya is more foward, layered and immersive, while a bit lean in dynamic and distant with the Quarks. Transparency is better with Quarks, but this includes thinner timbre too. Everything is weightier and more tactile with the Tanya, as well as more cohesive as a whole. Quarks sound is very similar to Moondrop Spaceship, but dryer and less clean in the definition. To my ears, Tanya is a guilty pleasure, but at least I have tremendous pleasure to listen to it, which isn't the case with the Quarks that have a technical tonality. Better go with the Spaceship which sell for 18$.

Oct 30, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #29,128 of 31,834
To my ears, Tanya is a guilty pleasure, but at least I have tremendous pleasure to listen to it, which isn't the case with the Quarks that have a technical tonality. Better go with the Spaceship which sell for 18$.
I ditched my TFZ KingPro for Tanya full bodied musical vocals, one thing that King Pro somewhat lack of.
but Tanya lack of clarity and technicality leads me to Aria. But aria lack of slam, lower register rumble which KingPro have plenty...
It's a full circle~

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #29,129 of 31,834
I ditched my TFZ KingPro for Tanya full bodied musical vocals, one thing that King Pro somewhat lack of.
but Tanya lack of clarity and technicality leads me to Aria. But aria lack of slam, lower register rumble which KingPro have plenty...
It's a full circle~

At the budget segment there will mostly be compromises among the three Ts of timbre, tonality and technicalities. Eg BLON BL-03 -> excellent in timbre and tonality, bad in technicalities (and fit). Then you have some multi driver KZ monstrosities for example, great in technicalities, but may have timbre and coherency problems.

So far I've found something that melds the 3 Ts very well in the Tanchjim Oxygen, though it would be considered midFI pricing. I bought my Tanchjim Oxygen 2nd hand at $126 USD, so if there's a good deal, maybe see if you can get it on the cheap.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #29,130 of 31,834
Tanchjim Oxygen is something that keep being repeated in my circle. something that Mele aspire to be, apparently something that could be my ToTL.

Something that i would safe for but my BTR5 seems having some trouble so i might need to get that first tough not sure what to replace it with.
maybe Up5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back