CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 7, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #6,706 of 31,833
graphs don't tell about soundstaging and frequency bleeding though..so be wary..

also if relying on the graphs, the Yersen would have thin mid bass and even thinner sub bass, and that is compared to the T2 than is already quite lean on bass department. I think i'll wait for more reviews before taking a dive

You're confusing the graph, T2 should be the one lighter on bass. And yes, frequency response cover only one aspect of the sound. But it's something. The fact is that i I'm suspicious that these will no longer be available for 22$ for much time.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #6,707 of 31,833
You're confusing the graph, T2 should be the one lighter on bass. And yes, frequency response cover only one aspect of the sound. But it's something. The fact is that i I'm suspicious that these will no longer be available for 22$ for much time.

whoops, my mistake :ksc75smile:

Feb 7, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #6,708 of 31,833

$22 for the Tin Audio T2? Where?

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 7, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #6,709 of 31,833
Feb 7, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #6,711 of 31,833
My zhiyin z5000 arrived... omgwtfholycowwhydidinotbuythisearlier is my review lol.
Do you have the zs6 as well, can you hear all the details just like the zs6 but without the super sharp trebles?

on another note, anyone here has the final audio e2000? i read a lot of #hype from around the internet
is it justified compared to our favourite chifi IEMs? Or is it a case of some corners of the internet has not been infected by chifi fever?

Feb 7, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #6,712 of 31,833
Do you have the zs6 as well, can you hear all the details just like the zs6 but without the super sharp trebles?

on another note, anyone here has the final audio e2000? i read a lot of #hype from around the internet
is it justified compared to our favourite chifi IEMs? Or is it a case of some corners of the internet has not been infected by chifi fever?
I have a carbo tenore, which I heard is like the e2000 but with less sub bass

I might be biased since its a japanese company and my first real IEM, but I really love it. Its the most comfortable out of all my audio gear, and can handle all genres extremely well.

The only thing it really lacks in is sub bass (regular bass is punchy enough for me), and if the e2000 fixes that, it would probably be perfect for me.

People often complain about Zero Audio's build quality with their budget IEMs, but I've had them for a year and they are perfectly fine. As long as you don't manhandle them (like straight up stuffing them in your pocket/backpack or throwing them around) they shouldn't break on you.

Feb 7, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #6,713 of 31,833

Sorry I don’t have zs6. But I do have swing ie80 and memxt x5 which I find it piercing though.. anyway it’s still early.. will share more after burn in

Feb 7, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #6,714 of 31,833
So, a few pages back people here mentioned these Yersen Fen-2000, at the same time they appeared on audiobudget FB and the guy seems to like them very much.

Well, i am wanting Tin Audio T2 for a few time, but these Yersen appeared and they have such a incredible package that i think i will borrow them instead of saving money for the next Tin Audio deal.
So i take the FR Graphs of of the two and improvised a comparirsion as you can see below.

The black line is Tin Audio and the Blue is Yersen. The graphs belonh to the site credited.

By the Fr graphs the Yersen maybe are indeed a great deal. Links to them can be achieved in that thread. Just use search buttom. Some people here, i think two, grabbed them, so lets wait for the impression, Anyway i think i'm grabbing these by the end of the week lol.

I know that Igor had a probem with head-fi in the past but the original work and information of audiobudget.com should be credited.

I would be happy to read some interpretation of the comparision FR graph of the most experienced ones. I know it just measures volume, but anyway.

Off topic: @Nymphonomaniac, I received the TDA1305 that i got under your recommendation, but mine its just one chip, not dual. 10$ and they are insanely good for the price. You only need to avoid bright headphones with them. They are not warm and super detailed, A better high end resolution then my Fiio E70k. It's not better then the FiiO, but it's a different signature that matches my superlux better then the FiiO. The two together provides a crystal clear sound, but the e-mi doesn't go as well with them as it goes with the Fiio, you know. They should be able to drive ~100 ohms well by the volume that i got with the superlux and faaeal 64ohms. I'm flattered.

For those who are interested here's the link for information(unavailble), aparantly this chip where used in ancients high end amplifiers, they must be almost free for the manufacturer of the board: https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/CM10...SB-Sound-Card-DAC-Decoder-5V/32573606443.html

Nice that you love the TDA1305 dac, its really a good decoder....but strangely mine sound warm and airy with smooth treble. I just receive a cheap 1$ coaxial cable to plug it into my Xduoo XD05 amp and now sound is clearer and more open, still an ''analogue'' laid back soundsignature, with coaxial it just pass trough DAC without using amp section so its really an upgrade in term or sound. Yep, still blown away by this ultra cheap dac. This device is interesting to enjoy different DAC soundsignature at an absurdly low price. 10$ is just a JOKE, mine cost 16$. DOuk Audip is a great seller that know his shyts for sure.

P2070384.JPG

Now, i'm back into vintage headphones hehe It became another disease, I already pass from buying 1$ for Sony MDR-W20G to paying 20$ for a unknow vintage brand of cheaply plastic built open back with near everything broken but the sound....wich found phenomenaly clear and (What) bassy-punchy with lot of body and impact. My audio obsession is without barreer and prejudice, got first ATH model from the 60's to call Audio technica ATH-01, sound very warm but with ultra clear audio source like the Xduoo X20 or Ibasso DX90 is give them new life and airiness is just from another dimension as housing kind of ''float'' all open on your ears, feel like being in a room with speaker at the ceiling.

P2060369.JPG

Feb 7, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #6,715 of 31,833
Nice that you love the TDA1305 dac, its really a good decoder....but strangely mine sound warm and airy with smooth treble. I just receive a cheap 1$ coaxial cable to plug it into my Xduoo XD05 amp and now sound is clearer and more open, still an ''analogue'' laid back soundsignature, with coaxial it just pass trough DAC without using amp section so its really an upgrade in term or sound. Yep, still blown away by this ultra cheap dac. This device is interesting to enjoy different DAC soundsignature at an absurdly low price. 10$ is just a JOKE, mine cost 16$. DOuk Audip is a great seller that know his shyts for sure.

Now, i'm back into vintage headphones hehe It became another disease, I already pass from buying 1$ for Sony MDR-W20G to paying 20$ for a unknow vintage brand of cheaply plastic built open back with near everything broken but the sound....wich found phenomenaly clear and (What) bassy-punchy with lot of body and impact. My audio obsession is without barreer and prejudice, got first ATH model from the 60's to call Audio technica ATH-01, sound very warm but with ultra clear audio source like the Xduoo X20 or Ibasso DX90 is give them new life and airiness is just from another dimension as housing kind of ''float'' all open on your ears, feel like being in a room with speaker at the ceiling.

are these comfortable? Coz they sure don't look that way..

Feb 7, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #6,716 of 31,833

That sounds interesting ...where can one buy the TDA1305 dac ? Thanks !

Feb 7, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #6,717 of 31,833
are these comfortable? Coz they sure don't look that way..
Yep, both are comfy as they don't push too much pression, but the Audio technica is like having nothins on the head so they are perhaps the most comfortable headphones I own. I had some foam into foam cushin, so my ear don't touch the metal driver and sound became way more airy too.

Feb 7, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #6,718 of 31,833
That sounds interesting ...where can one buy the TDA1305 dac ? Thanks !
The one I have is sold out and impossible to find anymore.
Single TDA1305 one can be find here:https://www.ebay.com/itm/CM108-TDA1...265109?hash=item2100424a15:g:P9kAAOSwLVZVwun-

To really enjoy full quality of the DAC I suggest trying coaxial output....I was already hysterical about good sound on its own but now with external amping it open up so much more that i'm pretty certain it can beat the Cambridge Audio DAC MAgic 2 that use same dual dac...and cost way more.

Feb 7, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #6,719 of 31,833
Feb 7, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #6,720 of 31,833
The one I have is sold out and impossible to find anymore.
Single TDA1305 one can be find here:https://www.ebay.com/itm/CM108-TDA1...265109?hash=item2100424a15:g:P9kAAOSwLVZVwun-

To really enjoy full quality of the DAC I suggest trying coaxial output....I was already hysterical about good sound on its own but now with external amping it open up so much more that i'm pretty certain it can beat the Cambridge Audio DAC MAgic 2 that use same dual dac...and cost way more.

Thank you very much ! Unfortunately that e-bay site says it does not ship to Chile where I live - I am persuading the seller :wink:.

I had seen this other
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MINI-Coaxi...282893&hash=item1a3bdc29c7:g:ZaIAAOSwgv5ZQk4N

Would it be the same ? Thanks once again !
Best regards

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back