Best boom boom iems under 150??
Sep 17, 2010 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Music-etymotic

New Head-Fier
i need some iems cuz i broke my klipsch s4 and i didnt like it when it comes to bass then i bought shure se115 didnt like it too much either so i returned it. can u guys share what are some good iems with good bass and blocking noise if im on bus or train.

Sep 17, 2010 at 8:08 AM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
i need some iems cuz i broke my klipsch s4 and i didnt like it when it comes to bass then i bought shure se115 didnt like it too much either so i returned it. can u guys share what are some good iems with good bass and blocking noise if im on bus or train.

I'm a die hard SE530 fan boi ... but that said ...

I recently had a chance to spend about two weeks with some Sony MDR-EX500LP's (around $80 to $120 retail) and was very very impressed; the bass was positively outstanding. Huge, present, snappy ... and requiring zero eq'ing. The rest of the sound signature was classic Sony, creamy mids, slightly "shiney" highs and overall, a very easy listen. But the bass, man ... it was awesome. A bit much/too forward for my more "neutral" tastes, but man was it fun.

If you have a Fry's Electronics near you, pick some up for a test run ... you can take them back for a full refund within 30 days (Fry's return policy rocks when it comes to demo'ing IEMs).

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back