best bass headphones out there ?
Jul 24, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #16 of 24
I'll put the Campfire Cascade in the mix here too. Great bass extension and quantity while retaining good detail in the mids and treble and reasonable extension on the treble end. Hard to find a good bass headphone that is also a good headphone as so many with enhanced sub-bass then have mud for mids.

Jul 24, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #18 of 24
when buying the ORI does the wood selection make a difference audio wise or is it simply aesthetics ?

Mostly aesthetics, sound impact will be negligible really. Even the creator of these headphones says to choose based on aesthetics.

Jul 24, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #19 of 24
TH900 obviously. If you want more spacial sound and less stringent trebel, you can fully mod it through lawton. Course you better like the thump and the idea of a marshall stack sound on your ears. Glow sticks are necessary.

Jul 24, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #21 of 24
hangover from my rave days

Jul 24, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #22 of 24
Hi, make sure to factor into the equation the amount of bass extension different amps have (as well as their overall bass presentation characteristics in general). I've found that a powerful solid state amp will have the deepest bass extension (ie, in the lowest octave), and that this can have a big effect on my enjoyment of all different kinds of music.

And the same consideration should be made for DACs, too.

Jul 24, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #23 of 24
thank you for the reply. would you say that the Sennheiser HD250 can compete with the LCD-2 or its simply amazing for its price ? and yes i am looking for great sounding headphone that has stellar base :)

To my ears the HD250 is better than the LCD-2. Sub bass extension is nearly the same,and the mids are about even(but different,if that makes sense). The highs is where the HD250 pulls away. Very nice extension and detail with very little sibilance,except on very poorly,thin songs,and even then its nothing to complain about. They have a sweet tonality to them,especially thru tubes. The LCD-2 tone cant compete w/ the HD250s.

RE:SZ2000s= worst headphones Ive ever owned. Simply awful. The bass is huge though.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #24 of 24
RE:SZ2000s= worst headphones Ive ever owned. Simply awful. The bass is huge though.

See my previous comment about big sub-bass with absolute mud for mids. Nowhere is that more on display than the SZ2000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back