Best bang for the buck headphone?
Oct 11, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #77 of 79
Yes, it's arbitrary, but so is the question in the OP.
wink.gif

For me the best bang for the buck headphones
are the Grado SR225's.

Nov 28, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #78 of 79
I have looked at a couple reviews of the 580's and I have seen some asking if it is worthwhile to upgrade to the pro 900's. So my question is which one should I go with if I were to switch? Also I have looked into high resolution audio players such as the iBasso DX50 and was wondering what the best one would be for under $300?

In terms of value the 580 wins hands down but if you love your bass then the pro900 is a great upgrade if you can get it at a good price. The dx50 is the best imo, great sound quality, great battery life, supports the largest microsd cards, user replaceable battery, has usb otg support and can be used as a dac for your computer.

Nov 28, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #79 of 79
Okay thanks for all the suggestions now I just need a little vote between the ath-m50, dt770 32ohm, and dt880 32ohm. I know the 880s are semi-open but thats okay. Also I think I might get a decent portable amp with any of these if it will make the sound better, so suggestions for portable amps would be nice.

The ath-M50's are the best bang for the buck.  A bit bass heavy but it sounds like that is what you are looking for.  I don't think there are velour pads for it but they are very comfortable.  Unfortunately mine bit the dust when my 4 year old became obsessed with the coiled cord (I had the older version without the plug in the headphones).  Sad day.  Might have to get them again as I sit here and think about it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back