Best Bang/Buck under 150$ DAC or DAC/AMP for Android. PLEASE HELP.
Oct 15, 2012 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

drmrwt

Head-Fier
Hi,

I do not have a decent source for my Atrio Mg7's, i am in the market for a DAC or a DAC/AMP(preferred) Under 150$, will be more than happy to pay 100$ i shall be getting the V MODA M80's soon too.

Another question will there be any noticeable difference? i have been looking in to the UD100 and the ODAC/O2 combo.

Regards,

Shahab Khan.

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #2 of 11
Current Source is Samsung Galaxy S2 and a Toshiba Laptop, i would like to have a setup that can be used with both i guess that would be USB but the portable amp should have a battery so it does not drain my phone battery.

Thank you for Viewing.

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:
Current Source is Samsung Galaxy S2 and a Toshiba Laptop, i would like to have a setup that can be used with both i guess that would be USB but the portable amp should have a battery so it does not drain my phone battery.

Thank you for Viewing.

Fiio E10, USB-DAC-Headphone amplifier ($66) for the laptop.
Fiio E11 portable headphone amplifier ($65) for the Galaxy S2

Or just get the Fiio E17 ($140) for use with Galaxy and laptop

Nov 4, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #4 of 11
hi guys i am really lost in this whole DAC thing, now i am either leaning towards the

CEntrance DACport or the Odac.

i will be driving the V-modas M80s and the Future sonic atrio Mg7 for now and the Sennheiser HD650's when i get them.
please help me out.

Nov 4, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Thank you for Viewing.

As far as I know, the Samsung Galaxy S2 can't interwork with a standard USB DAC for the time being.

A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy S III / Note II can be found at the following link:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/660#post_8820225

Nov 5, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

As far as I know, the Samsung Galaxy S2 can't interwork with a standard USB DAC for the time being.

A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy S III / Note II can be found at the following link:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/660#post_8820225

Thank you for the info. I have been following that thread but I still dont know which one to get, i will get the Samsung Galaxy s3 in near future but for the time being i need a good DAC for the money. the more i search here the more confused i get :frowning2:

Nov 5, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #7 of 11
Check out the Hippo CriCri+, its tiny and great sounding.

Nov 5, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #11 of 11
Neutral in my opinion, but very detailed and maybe ever so slightly bright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back