1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Best Bang/Buck under 150$ DAC or DAC/AMP for Android. PLEASE HELP.

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by drmrwt, Oct 15, 2012.
  1. drmrwt
    Hi,

I do not have a decent source for my Atrio Mg7's, i am in the market for a DAC or a DAC/AMP(preferred) Under 150$, will be more than happy to pay 100$ i shall be getting the V MODA M80's soon too.

Another question will there be any noticeable difference? i have been looking in to the UD100 and the ODAC/O2 combo.

Regards,

Shahab Khan.

asado0 likes this.
  2. drmrwt
    Current Source is Samsung Galaxy S2 and a Toshiba Laptop, i would like to have a setup that can be used with both i guess that would be USB but the portable amp should have a battery so it does not drain my phone battery.

Thank you for Viewing.

3. PurpleAngel Contributor
    Quote:
    Fiio E10, USB-DAC-Headphone amplifier ($66) for the laptop.
    Fiio E11 portable headphone amplifier ($65) for the Galaxy S2

Or just get the Fiio E17 ($140) for use with Galaxy and laptop

4. drmrwt
    hi guys i am really lost in this whole DAC thing, now i am either leaning towards the

CEntrance DACport or the Odac.

i will be driving the V-modas M80s and the Future sonic atrio Mg7 for now and the Sennheiser HD650's when i get them.
    please help me out.

5. DanBa
    Quote:

As far as I know, the Samsung Galaxy S2 can't interwork with a standard USB DAC for the time being.

1828277336LL.jpg

A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy S III / Note II can be found at the following link:
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/660#post_8820225

6. drmrwt
    Quote:

Thank you for the info. I have been following that thread but I still dont know which one to get, i will get the Samsung Galaxy s3 in near future but for the time being i need a good DAC for the money. the more i search here the more confused i get :frowning2:

7. ostewart
    Check out the Hippo CriCri+, its tiny and great sounding.

8. drmrwt
    Quote:

I think it is just a portable headphone amplifier, my main concern is a DAC. thanks for the input though

9. ostewart
    CriCri is just an amp, CriCri+ is amp and DAC

10. drmrwt
    Dear Randomkid,

My bad, it is a very capable DAC as well thanks for the correction. Another nice option. How does the DAC sound in your opinion?

Regards Drmrwt.

11. ostewart
    Neutral in my opinion, but very detailed and maybe ever so slightly bright.