Best android music player app?
Aug 25, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #181 of 633
neutron's ui is mediocre. i am currently trying out fusion player. looks and sounds good, i effin love the bass enhancer and 3d effects. if you want to add warmth on your sound, you definitely need to try this.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Aug 25, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #182 of 633
Quote:
neutron's ui is mediocre. i am currently trying out fusion player. looks and sounds good, i effin love the bass enhancer and 3d effects. if you want to add warmth on your sound, you definitely need to try this.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Is that a freebie?

Sep 12, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #187 of 633
I really like the new Neutron UI, and I am actively comparing the app with PowerAmp now. Can someone provide evidence or discussion that Neutron is a power hog compared to PowerAmp?

Sep 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #188 of 633
I would say so. I have both and i can say neutron is much less efficient. Probably due to heavier sound processing - better sound. I prefer poweramp still despite the slight decrease in sq. Id say it uses about 1.5x more battery than poweramp.

Sep 12, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #189 of 633
I would say so. I have both and i can say neutron is much less efficient. Probably due to heavier sound processing - better sound. I prefer poweramp still despite the slight decrease in sq. Id say it uses about 1.5x more battery than poweramp.

Try turning off 'Dither' It's quite CPU intensive and I don't notice any difference in SQ, so might be worth turning off to see if it helps battery life.

Sep 12, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #190 of 633
Any ideas how all these players get integrated with car audio? It looks like all of them support track info and do playback control over Bluetooth streaming, but I am looking for a player capable to do actual music search using car controls without touching a phone. I know people here listen to music using head phones only, but maybe some one uses a phone in a car using car audio, not head phones.
As I mentioned I use Kamerton and it works good in car, but I can't do search of music.

Sep 15, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #191 of 633
All of you who like a buttery smooth, rich and "thick" sound, try VLC player.

Someone recommended it in the Galaxy S3 sound thread on XDA forums. I tried Poweramp, Neutron, Gonemad, Fusion and a couple more and suprisingly VLC turned out to be my favourite in terms of sound. I have tried single tracks again and again to compare all players and VLC does not exactly sound like any of the other above mentioned players. It is still in beta and UI could be improved as almost nothing can be configured yet.
I was surprised how natural it sounded.

Has anyone else here tried it for music already ? I am looking forward to reading  your impressions with VLC.

Btw. I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 with Boeffla kernel.

Sep 16, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #192 of 633
It is the most controversial thread I read. No one player gets majority, but I learned that poweramp perhaps is the worst sounding player. It isn't surprise since fancy wrapping things usually tell about emptiness inside.

I would suggest people specify what kind of music and which formats they listen to most. Telephone model and headphones make sense too. For example I found my player and I listen to mostly to vinyl rips in 24/192. My phone is also very old, it is Nexus One, however when I compare quality from phone and stationary 24/192 DAC amplifier, I can conclude that although phone doesn't provide same quality, it is still good to listen at work or on road.
Since I found a player I like, I stopped trying others  since it is waste of time.

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #193 of 633
  It is the most controversial thread I read. No one player gets majority, but I learned that poweramp perhaps is the worst sounding player. It isn't surprise since fancy wrapping things usually tell about emptiness inside.

I would suggest people specify what kind of music and which formats they listen to most. Telephone model and headphones make sense too. For example I found my player and I listen to mostly to vinyl rips in 24/192. My phone is also very old, it is Nexus One, however when I compare quality from phone and stationary 24/192 DAC amplifier, I can conclude that although phone doesn't provide same quality, it is still good to listen at work or on road.
Since I found a player I like, I stopped trying others  since it is waste of time.

Totally agree, there are so many permutations/variables that there cannot be a single 'best' player.
Different players probably suit different devices, are better suited to different headphones/IEM's... then there also is the fact that we all hear differently and/or prefer a certain 'type' of sound to suit our preferred music genres...oh and 'sound' tastes can also change as we continue down the road of our audio journeys :wink:

I've tried nearly all available players but for my own sound preference, I like the clean, tight, bright, transparent sound provided by Neutron/Galaxy 4.2 (Wolfson) with my TF10's but I'll download VLC shortly to have a listen and if I like it I might keep it as a second player for a different sound.

Oct 19, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #194 of 633
I have galaxy s4 i9505
several months of use poweramp.
a couple days ago i moved to the neutron and was pleasantly surprised.
it has more features and the sound is much better.
I would even say that the more vibrant and colorful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back