Best android music player app?
Aug 7, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #166 of 633
DeaDBeeF for Android is as close as it gets to foobar2000 on Windows! but if you are easily amused by fancy menus and gimmicky nonsense, Play Store is trashed with alternatives.

Aug 15, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #170 of 633
Yeah, after my rather glowing comments about poweramp I thought I'd give neutron a proper go over the past few days and now use that. The UI seems almost as good but the sound, especially the bass, is just so much clearer and tighter. I was flicking directly between poweramp and neutron last night and the sound was like night and day. I have to have the preamp way down and have the phone volume way up but it sounds brilliant. It properly makes the sub-bass woofer of my quint BA CIEMs rumble but I'm guessing you would probably need an amp to get the same sound quality out of anything that is more difficult to drive.   

Aug 15, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #171 of 633
I really found Noozxoide a bit underwhelming. Yeah, some lackluster EQ stuff and some random visualizer stuff. So what? At the end of the day the most important thing is the headphones your listening on and the source files. All this software EQ and processing is just to make a good sound great, not a bad sound slightly better.

Aug 15, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #172 of 633
Imo the two best music players would have to be 1.neutron2.poweramp for sound. The only downside with neutron is it is much slower and the ui is much less refined compared to poweramp. Idk but it might be because of my phone. Its single core 1.4ghz cant to sh#t :)

Aug 16, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #173 of 633
Quote:
I really found Noozxoide a bit underwhelming. Yeah, some lackluster EQ stuff and some random visualizer stuff. So what? At the end of the day the most important thing is the headphones your listening on and the source files. All this software EQ and processing is just to make a good sound great, not a bad sound slightly better.

After years of External amping and tweaking of many a frequency. Going from FLAC / ALAC and back to 320kbps MP3. My honest opinion is :- Keep the FLAC , etc for home  use ,( It does give you an audiophile buzz) 200 kbps+ MP3 is more than good enough to listen to when your out and about.

Nowadays I am more than happy to plug my Miracles/ w3/ Phonak 122's  into a Galaxy 3 with 240 kbps source. Fiddle about with the gain on poweramp settings. Maybe a bit noozxoide doing very little ( or nothing ) in the background.
Maybe the pursuit of excellence has a lot more to do with the quality of music you choose to listen to rather than the device you select to listen with ??

Aug 16, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #175 of 633
Which tags do PowerAmp and Neutron read? I had everything organized in MediaMonkey, ratings and everything were read by XBMC fine. PowerAmp doesn't read my ratings and Neutron has my album titles all kinds of screwed up, like they were when I first downloaded them.

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #176 of 633
Which tags do PowerAmp and Neutron read? I had everything organized in MediaMonkey, ratings and everything were read by XBMC fine. PowerAmp doesn't read my ratings and Neutron has my album titles all kinds of screwed up, like they were when I first downloaded them.

Are you talking about the id3 integration with the music? Check id3 read settings in neutron which can be edited by going into database options

Aug 20, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #178 of 633
A new and different version of Noozxoide is available, the E series :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noozxoidelabs.eizo.rewirep

The app is also available at XDA :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=44770527&postcount=666

A VSP virtual-sound-processor delivers elemental premium sound, whether you are playing favorite (games, watching movie) or listening various genres of musics. The experience allows you to configure more than 4 sound elements (Deep, Warm, Bright, Clear) on your headphones or practical speakers with immersive VSUR, or set it to aggressive and powerful sound on your content...
This time we blended it with a powerful and sophisticated True Voice processor (Noozxoide NogicQ™), is an Q-free true voice processor. It allows you to change sound profiles for your headphone and typically music enthusiast has one or more headphones for listening differ musics. E Series has slightly less Limiter response compare to PRO Series which allows more aggressive sound.

Overall, delivers higher definition True Voice results audible signals with low latency, low noise, extremely low harmonics, tumble-crystal-clear high signal, unique-ty drive out high-driver equipment, pump-in 16k 16Bit/24Bit sampler beating result.

This is a full processor-based modeling series without any parametric filter. Be ready for the natural sound on your music, create heart-pumping. Every bit is amazing..

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #179 of 633
After using PowerAmp for almost 2 years, I had to make a switch.  Using PowerAmp, there would be what sounded like crossover-distortion from high-level decays as the decays got softer and softer, and very low-level steady-state notes.  This was coming out over OTG USB out of my Note II, into the headphone amp.  It took me a long time to figure out where the problem was.  At first, I blamed my XM6, but taking the XM6 out of the loop left the distortion still there.  I tried my IE8s, but no change from the UM3Xs.  I even bought a new amp (I was looking for any excuse anyway
wink_face.gif
), a Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII, and I love it.

The distortion was not present in the home setup from the same FLAC file:

“HD audio” digital out (from motherboard via optical), FLAC/WAV (multiple sample-rates/bit-depths)
DAC in  – NuForce Home Reference DAC-100 (w/Class “A” Amplifier)
Headphones – Sennheiser HD-800s

Even after all that, distortion still there in the portable setup. Anyway, I switched to “Neutron” after reading all the reviews I could, and no distortion in any form on the same FLAC file – and that’s with the headphone jack on the Note II.  I can’t wait for the OTG interface cable so I can do digital again.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back