Best android music player app?
Apr 6, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #406 of 633
Jul 4, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #412 of 633
Used n7 player in my Windows Phone, I find it to be very intuitive but lacking folder browsing... now looking for an app for android (Galaxy S 2 will try to voodoo it) Try a view, though mostly are paid app... in trial of Poweramp... great UI, SQ better than stock. Jet Audio, lagging when navigating... found the n7, so far seems to be the best for Album browsing and enqueuer-ing... will be looking more into it.  has Folder browsing tho the gapless playback isn't perfect

Jul 4, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #413 of 633
I'm going to have to go with HibyMusic player right now. It is the only player that has unseated Neutron on my devices so far. It also has a much more user friendly interface and is a freebee to boot.

What more could you ask for?

Jul 4, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #414 of 633
  I'm going to have to go with HibyMusic player right now. It is the only player that has unseated Neutron on my devices so far. It also has a much more user friendly interface and is a freebee to boot.

What more could you ask for?

Apps that sell data about its users to China are a no-go for me. I'd rather it make its money in any other way. Just mentioning this because Hiby hides it.

Jul 4, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #415 of 633

Apps that sell data about its users to China are a no-go for me. I'd rather it make its money in any other way. Just mentioning this because Hiby hides it.

And rightly so. folk have a right to know whats going on.

It's not a problem from my point of view as I firewall every new app I install as a matter of course.

Jul 21, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #418 of 633
JetAudio works great on my iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 5S. However, it crashes on my iPod Touch 5G. It works when I first open the app after installing it but when I close the app and try to open it again it freezes and crashes. I only have this problem on my iPod Touch 5G so I'm thinking it could be a memory problem. Damn shame as its such a great sounding app. Please fix this.

Jul 22, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #419 of 633
This is a great thread.  Glad I discovered it.  Right now, I'm using JetAudio for mp3 files and Spotify in conjunction with an app called "Equalizer".  Tried Noozoxide for a while but I could hear background static when songs got quieter or faded out that drove me crazy.  Used Poweramp in the past which wasn't bad. Also had Viper4Android for a while.  IMO, that is the best of them all if it will work on your phone.  Unfortunately, Sprint rolled out a Lollipop upgrade that took away my ability to use it.  Even tried Cyanogenmod (lost cellular network) and another custom ROM (bricked phone).  In the end, I had to do a complete wipe/factory reset and go back to Lollipop to get the phone to work right again.  Very frustrating couple of days.

Jul 22, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #420 of 633
Jetaudio is my player of choice for all my devices. However, it doesn't yet natively handle my particular network storage. I have to use the OS filing system to locate files. This is a little inconvenient. When not critical listening. I will use Kodi or XBMC instead - and this is mainly due the ability to peruse the network from within the app. Too bad many current versions of JetAudio no longer have BBE. Instead, there's this thing from Bongiovi that is supposed to tune the music for specific models of cans. All Microsoft media apps have been uninstalled and banned from any of my windows devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back