Best Amp for k702
Nov 24, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #16 of 32
Hello, good morning here!...

One thing to remember, the Schitt Lyr is a SS/Tube Hybridm not all tube...
Done right like the Lyr and best of both worlds for some...The input is tube and output is SS

My demo with the Lyr was positive, but chose the Burson Soloist SL, because my Decware CSP2 otl tube amp was doing everything for me that the Lyr did...

The Lyr might be just right for your AKG 702...great control and transparency of SS, with the ability to roll input tubes, and the price, reliability, and rep of Schiitt is well known.

My experience with the AKG and the Soloist was particularly notably for me because I did not own an amp that made my AKG 701's shine until the Burson Soloist SL

good luck with your search, and hope this info helped

Dec 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #20 of 32
Dec 22, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #26 of 32
if you want a tube amp, i would recommend looking at garage1217's tube amps! http://www.garage1217.com/graphic_design_004.htm

project ember ftw!!! you can easily afford project sunrise 2 (tho they might be coming out w/ a sunrise 3 soon).

Dec 26, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #29 of 32
Sigh, I've had K701's for years now.  I need an amp hopefully cheaper than 150 dollars that can drive these.  I'm on the opposite spectrum of most of you guys.  Funds are tight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back