Best amp for hifiman he-400 under 350$.
Dec 1, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #2 of 5
I'm currently using the dacport lx along with the fiio e9. I was wondering what amp would pair well with the DACport Lx + hifiman he-400

You could look for a used Lyr in that price range. A couple other solid choices would be the Asgard, the O2 on the cheaper end, Lake People G103/G109 (the 109 will be over budget a little bit unless you can find a good price)

Dec 1, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #3 of 5
You could also look at the mini-X a-100 with speaker adapters. They sound immense with this pairing. I've said it and I'll say it again, the a-100 has nothing to envy from the Lyr.

Dec 1, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #4 of 5
You could also look at the mini-X a-100 with speaker adapters. They sound immense with this pairing. I've said it and I'll say it again, the a-100 has nothing to envy from the Lyr.

What are you using for a speaker adapter? I was thinking about doing that but I'd probably use Hifiman's box because it looks nice but on the other hand, murdering an XLR cable is probably a way cheaper way to do it.

Dec 1, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
What are you using for a speaker adapter? I was thinking about doing that but I'd probably use Hifiman's box because it looks nice but on the other hand, murdering an XLR cable is probably a way cheaper way to do it.

Was borrowing one from someone who got it made DIY a while back. I think the HiFiMAN adapter is rated for over 70W, so that might not be need. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back