Best Amp for HD-650s AND Grados
Jun 13, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #46 of 67
At this point, there's no way I have the space or money for a B22, so it's going to be the Solo SRG. Right now, as far as a DAC goes, I'm stuck between the Apogee Mini-Dac, the Apogee Duet, and the DACMagic. Does anyone have any input on which of those to go for?

Jun 13, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #47 of 67
I really think you should get the TTVJ amp I suggested earlier, it's getting fantastic reviews...Both Pete and Todd are great guys, i'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed for the $650...it also will work well with grados and sennheisers (there is an impedance switch on the front)

Jun 13, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #51 of 67
You should be able to get one at that price.
wink.gif

Jun 13, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #54 of 67
Lehmann Black Cube Linear is a better amp than the GS Solo and works great with your cans. Its better built, its more transparent, neutral and open than the GS. I tried both extensively at the same time....

Jun 13, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #55 of 67
You WOULD be selling one a month before I can buy. I won't have enough saved up until after I get back from Orlando in September. Oh well, I guess I can keep perusing the FS Forum if they usually pop up at that price.

Jun 14, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #56 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by TStewart422 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have any input about the Meier-Audio Corda Symphony yet? Has anyone tried them with both Grados AND the HD-650s?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradofan2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DITTO... the Solo SRG... in particular.

I will also recomend the Solo SRG w/ the PSU1 power supply. I have mine out on loan, HeadphoneAddict, Gradofan2, dw6828, and next week Skylab. Shoot them an email to get their feedback.

Jun 14, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #57 of 67
Here's the deal; if I can get a B22 for under $1000 come September, I'm gonna jump on it. Plus, with the current exchange rate, the Solo may be the same price anyway. It's just another wait and see thing. I know this thread is about amps, but what about DACs around $500?

Jun 30, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #58 of 67
I've been looking lately at the RSA Raptor (love Ray's products) and am thinking about forsaking my no-tube proclamation. I still do NOT want to tube-roll, so I would need a set that works well for both Grados AND the 650s (MAYBE the 800s in the future...). Would the stock tubes fit this qualification?

I'm still open to the Solo, the TTVJ amp, HR-2. I do not have the space for the B22 or the Phoenix. Kind of disappointing, that.

Jun 30, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #59 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by TStewart422 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been looking lately at the RSA Raptor (love Ray's products) and am thinking about forsaking my no-tube proclamation. I still do NOT want to tube-roll, so I would need a set that works well for both Grados AND the 650s (MAYBE the 800s in the future...). Would the stock tubes fit this qualification?

I'm still open to the Solo, the TTVJ amp, HR-2. I do not have the space for the B22 or the Phoenix. Kind of disappointing, that.

Forget the Raptor, its a PITA and so is Ray.

Id save a few more bucks and go with something like this. http://www.dnaudio.com/DNA-Sonett-he...amplifier.html

Jun 30, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #60 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forget the Raptor, its a PITA and so is Ray.

Id save a few more bucks and go with something like this. DNA Sonett (not Sonnet) single ended triode vacuum tube headphone amplifier

You've always been a sarcastic one, BlueEyez... lol

Anyway, it looks like the PICO DAC-only looks suited to my DAC needs; so that looks like THE ONE there.

Maybe I'll get lucky and Rockhopper will put a M3 up for sale soon... *crosses fingers*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back