Best $200 recreation use headphones?
Jun 8, 2012 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

irzekk

Head-Fier
I am looking for headphones for $200 and under that are the most pleasing with sound when it comes to recreation use. I listen to music on a daily basis only for fun, i am not a producer. I was looking at the Beyerdynamic DT770 250 Ohms. Is this a good choice for my situation? If it isn't, I would appreciate another suggestion :D

Jun 9, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #4 of 8
I have the DT770 Premium 600 ohm and I freakin' love them. Like the 250 ohm, they require at least some sort of amplification and they sound best when driven with plenty of power. But there's also a 32 ohm version of the DT770 Premium if that is an issue for you. I too listen to music on a daily basis and "just for fun" and I can tell you that the DT770 Premium are wonderful for music, video games and movies/tv shows and they *never* make my ears or head sore. That's right, never. I wear them probably an average of 10 hours a day, every single solitary day, and they never get even the tiniest bit uncomfortable which to me is pretty impressive. Plus they sound bloody great. :)

Jun 9, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #5 of 8
Oh and I should mention, in case you're not aware, there is a difference between the 'Pro' and the 'Premium' models. The Premium is the newer model and, from what I've read, the Pro has a tighter headband.. so there's a possibility the Pro is slightly less comfortable, particularly over long listening sessions.

Jun 9, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #6 of 8
The headband on the Pro 250ohm is comfortable for hours-long wear.  The slightly tighter fit makes for slightly better sound isolation.  The DT770 Pro 250ohm are my default portable rig can.

Jun 9, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #7 of 8
The Beyers are very good and are quality top to bottom. Built like a tank but they do not fold. They'd be my choice.

gL!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back