Best <$150 Headphones for me. PLEASE HELP
Dec 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #31 of 50
good to hear they are well worth it they sound phenomanol for techno and bass heavy music.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #32 of 50
I think you should see if you could test them all.. Seriously though the XB500's are the funnest. But I honestly could NEVER listen to them for more than an hour, 2 tops. The M50's I love. I mean seriously they are perfect.. They are so balanced but just that BIT of extra bass and it makes it sound PERFECT. The XB series will overdo you on the bass. Definitely. The Shure's I'm not sure about at all. But if the guy is telling you to get them and hes tried all the headphones out. Who knows, he might know best. But honestly bro I mean bass is great, your head thumbling is a great feeling. But it's not going to feel good after an hour. The M50's have that PROPER bass so it isn't TOO MUCH. Honestly I wish I could have one of all types of these headphones and switch them from song to song. It's a plan of mine anyways.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #33 of 50

Quote:
I think you should see if you could test them all.. Seriously though the XB500's are the funnest. But I honestly could NEVER listen to them for more than an hour, 2 tops. The M50's I love. I mean seriously they are perfect.. They are so balanced but just that BIT of extra bass and it makes it sound PERFECT. The XB series will overdo you on the bass. Definitely. The Shure's I'm not sure about at all. But if the guy is telling you to get them and hes tried all the headphones out. Who knows, he might know best. But honestly bro I mean bass is great, your head thumbling is a great feeling. But it's not going to feel good after an hour. The M50's have that PROPER bass so it isn't TOO MUCH. Honestly I wish I could have one of all types of these headphones and switch them from song to song. It's a plan of mine anyway.

Yeah man, that makes sense to me. I think i am going to head over to a guitar center the next few days just to try out some of them because i need very low leakage and extreme durability (which is harder to find online) how much do the m50's leak? (like in a silent room)

Dec 29, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #35 of 50
sounds great. How would you tell how much something leaks on a spec chart?

Dec 29, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #37 of 50

Quote:
durability, comfort and SQ? 150 budget?

sounds like a perfect time to recommend the HD25-II.

You can grab them brand new even, with the warranty!!! for 154 right now on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000W8XRKK/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&qid=1293605656&sr=8-1&condition=all

open box deal, check the used.

Yeah... About those.... they are quite pricey and i reeally don't like how the cups don't go over your ears. (or so it seems?)

Dec 29, 2010 at 2:17 AM Post #38 of 50

Quote:
Quote:

You can grab them brand new even, with the warranty!!! for 154 right now on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000W8XRKK/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&qid=1293605656&sr=8-1&condition=all

Yeah... About those.... they are quite pricey and i reeally don't like how the cups don't go over your ears. (or so it seems?)

read some reviews http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-hd-25-1-ii-professional-headphone

althought pricey, they roughly(+4-10 dollars?) fall in your 150 dollar range. They will probably sound better than any other recommendations in this thread, be built better, isolate more, leak less, possibly be almost as comfortable as (depending on the phone your referencing), and be actually built to be portable.

just my 2cents however.

These are basically ~250 dollar cans, but you can get them for 150 dollars. That is why they are better, basically.

Dec 29, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #39 of 50

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

read some reviews http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-hd-25-1-ii-professional-headphone

althought pricey, they roughly(+4-10 dollars?) fall in your 150 dollar range. They will probably sound better than any other recommendations in this thread, be built better, isolate more, leak less, possibly be almost as comfortable as (depending on the phone your referencing), and be actually built to be portable.

just my 2cents however.

These are basically ~250 dollar cans, but you can get them for 150 dollars. That is why they are better, basically.

I think you've got a point there kind sir.

Dec 29, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #40 of 50
DOES THE HD-25-1 II GO COMPLETELY AROUND/OVER THE EAR?

Dec 29, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #41 of 50
they are ON ear, unless you have seriously tiny ears. However the cushioning is plush enough and the dual-headband helps distribute the clamping force and weight of the headphone evenly enough that It shouldn't bother you, If anything were to bother you about the HD-25 it'd be the clamping force, but thats just a fact of life when buying closed headphones. However, you could do much worse comfort wise in the closed headphone market.

Some hd-25's come with the velour pads which improve comfort pretty drastically and if they don't, you can buy them directly for around 7 dollars. Thats just if you need them, some people are fine with the pleather pads (which most closed headphones have). The velour offer better comfort via better air circulation and thus mitigates the "ear overheating" phenomenon which happens when you apply pleather at high pressures to your ears for hours :).

Dec 29, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #42 of 50
So can they still isolate well while being on ear?

Dec 29, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #43 of 50
i still highly reccomend the srh750dj headphones from shure. i love my pair. and they are in your price range.

Dec 29, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #45 of 50

Users who are viewing this thread

Back