Beoplay E8
Dec 23, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #17 of 581
I am also interested in the Spinfits. Their website has 2 sizes, small bore and large bore. I assume the small bore is the one that fits. Are they only available from Singapore?

I am using the supplied compy foam tips (which I assume are medium) but the bass isn't very good ... I'm thinking they are not fitting that well. I might try a pair of small comply foam tips.

Any other votes for best tips?

Dec 23, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #18 of 581
I am also interested in the Spinfits. Their website has 2 sizes, small bore and large bore. I assume the small bore is the one that fits. Are they only available from Singapore?

I am using the supplied compy foam tips (which I assume are medium) but the bass isn't very good ... I'm thinking they are not fitting that well. I might try a pair of small comply foam tips.

Any other votes for best tips?

I just ordered some. What you're looking for is CP100 (I got medium size). I don't think you're going to be happy with the Spinfits if you're looking for more bass. I find they enhance the upper end of the range (better than Comply), but much prefer Comply when I'm looking for bass.

Good luck!

Dec 23, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #19 of 581
I just ordered some. What you're looking for is CP100 (I got medium size). I don't think you're going to be happy with the Spinfits if you're looking for more bass. I find they enhance the upper end of the range (better than Comply), but much prefer Comply when I'm looking for bass.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info on the bass. Honestly, I think the main thing I'm looking for is a really good snug fit. Might sound weird, but my favorite IEM's of the past were the one's that I felt I could really lodge deeply into my ear canal. Getting that kind of seal makes the sound so much better. With the medium comply foams, it just doesn't feel like a good fit ... like they're not going in far enough? Some of my comply tips from my Shure IEM's were actually longer, but the comply website does not recommend the longer shafts for the E8.

Dec 23, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #20 of 581
Could some of you please tell me the latest software update version number?
Just got mines today and while I am impressed with the SQ I have connection problems mostly with the left side. I read that an update might solve the problem but the beo app doesnt offer any update. My SW is the 5.2.0.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #21 of 581
Could some of you please tell me the latest software update version number?
Just got mines today and while I am impressed with the SQ I have connection problems mostly with the left side. I read that an update might solve the problem but the beo app doesnt offer any update. My SW is the 5.2.0.
Thanks!

I'm also on 5.2.0. If there's a newer version, it hasn't shown up in the app for me. Sorry to hear about your connection issues. I'm typically only 5 feet or so from my source and haven't had connection issues until I move away from the source. I've connected to a Sony WM1Z, IphoneX, Macbook Pro -- all without problems. Good luck. Hope you get it sorted out.

Dec 23, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #22 of 581
Thanks for the info on the bass. Honestly, I think the main thing I'm looking for is a really good snug fit. Might sound weird, but my favorite IEM's of the past were the one's that I felt I could really lodge deeply into my ear canal. Getting that kind of seal makes the sound so much better. With the medium comply foams, it just doesn't feel like a good fit ... like they're not going in far enough? Some of my comply tips from my Shure IEM's were actually longer, but the comply website does not recommend the longer shafts for the E8.

I agree that getting a proper seal is key. Most of my listening is done via Empire Ears Zeuz CIEM. The fit is perfect. I don't typically buy universals, but thought the E8 a good option for travel. I tried getting more depth in the ear canal by not pushing the Spinfits all the way down the shaft, but found it wouldn't allow the E8 to seat properly in the case.

Dec 23, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #23 of 581
I'm also on 5.2.0. If there's a newer version, it hasn't shown up in the app for me. Sorry to hear about your connection issues. I'm typically only 5 feet or so from my source and haven't had connection issues until I move away from the source. I've connected to a Sony WM1Z, IphoneX, Macbook Pro -- all without problems. Good luck. Hope you get it sorted out.

Thanks Jazzi,
I've connected to an Iphone 6s but since I have the problems mostly with the left one it shouldnt be a bluetooth problem. Is there any other trick like initializing the device and pairing them again?

Dec 23, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #24 of 581
Complys kill the highs, I've never liked them. I'm using Spinfits.

I initially used the stock silicon M size for my Beoplay E8 and occasionally it falls out of my left ear. (Didn't use the comply tips as I don't really like the feeling in my ear)

Thanks to @bedlamite 's recommendation I got the Spinfit CP100-M and it makes my Beoplay E8 more snug fit. Even the sound signature has improved, I feel that the bass is tighter and highs are slightly extended.

However I noticed that the CP100-M is slightly bigger and longer than the stock silicon M size, it makes my Beoplay E8 extended a bit on my left ear. I'm thinking whether CP100-S is actually a better fit for my ears hmmmmm....

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20171221011220635.jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20171221011247431.jpg

Dec 24, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #25 of 581
I bought the Comply Isolation Plus Tx-200 size large from Amazon and they are good but still work their way out of my ears.

5.2.0 is the latest firmware. You should try resetting them by making sure the case is plugged into power and then putting the earphones in the case for 2 minutes. My left one sometimes doesn't come on with the right and this resolves that every time.

Dec 24, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #26 of 581
I bought the Comply Isolation Plus Tx-200 size large from Amazon and they are good but still work their way out of my ears.

5.2.0 is the latest firmware. You should try resetting them by making sure the case is plugged into power and then putting the earphones in the case for 2 minutes. My left one sometimes doesn't come on with the right and this resolves that every time.

Brokenhat, thanks for your suggestion!
How does the resetting process look like?
I only need to put the earphones in the case for 2 minutes while the case is plugged to a charger?

Dec 24, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #27 of 581
Dec 25, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #29 of 581
Received it as Xmas present, like it, but compare to my previous BeatsX, H7, and P5, it's a bit too bright, it's definitely better than AirPods tho.

Mine is the sand and gold version, the firmware is 5.30 right out of the box. Not sure what's improved compare to 5.20

Dec 28, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #30 of 581
Been hearing this forum talk about Symbio Mandarines and I thought I'd pick some up for the E8. Bass is actually pretty punchy now (!!!) and the fit is even better than the Spinfits (which were no slouch, mind you). The Mandarines are basically a much better built Sony Hybrid tip. These fit large so size down, I usually go with an M for Spinfits but ordered the Mandarines in S sizes, perfect fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back