Beoplay E8
Feb 9, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #211 of 581
Can someone please go over the reset procedure. I thought it was simply touching both buds simultaneously.
While I do not experience drops there is definitely a discrepancy in volume with volume absolutely skewed to the left.

Feb 10, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #212 of 581
Can someone please go over the reset procedure. I thought it was simply touching both buds simultaneously.
While I do not experience drops there is definitely a discrepancy in volume with volume absolutely skewed to the left.
Hold them for 10-15 seconds, way past blue pairing light, there will be red light and then white upon auto restart.

Feb 10, 2018 at 5:10 AM Post #213 of 581
Hold them for 10-15 seconds, way past blue pairing light, there will be red light and then white upon auto restart.

Thank you for that. I kept on missing the red light!
Reset done and things sound more centered. Now to see if it lasts!

One thing is for sure - these buds DEFINITELY do stereo speration quite well!

Here is a strange change complaint/comment - I use these when I go outside power walking. With the supplied B&O tips I DEFINITELY hear each thump of my footsteps - quite loudly.

No such problem with the isolating Comply tips which I bought on Amazon.

Feb 10, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #214 of 581
And
So far I have tried the Mandarin tips and Comply isolating T200 tips - and definitely prefer the Comply

Should I also try the Spinfits? What will they bring or not bring to the party?

Feb 10, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #215 of 581
And
So far I have tried the Mandarin tips and Comply isolating T200 tips - and definitely prefer the Comply

Should I also try the Spinfits? What will they bring or not bring to the party?

Don’t know about sound changes but with the SpinFits they stay much better in place than with the supplied tips. Probably due to the SpinFits being slightly thicker material

Feb 10, 2018 at 5:29 AM Post #216 of 581
Do they make a better seal than the supplied tips - and thus better bass as I am getting with the Comply tips?

Feb 10, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #217 of 581
Do they make a better seal than the supplied tips - and thus better bass as I am getting with the Comply tips?

For my ears they seal better than the supplied silicone tips. I need large so can not use the supplied comply

Feb 10, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #218 of 581
Thanks
Now the hard part - where to buy the Spinfits?
For some reason Amazon lists the Medium CP-100 as unavailable

Feb 12, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #219 of 581
Just tried making a phone call with these. Is it normal that the sound only appears to come from the right side earbud??

Feb 12, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #220 of 581
I get full sound from both sides

Feb 12, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #221 of 581
I'm going to have to reset. I recall hearing phone call in both buds, but recently only heard it in the right bud.

Though I'd rather not do phone calls when I'm so isolated, due to not hearing myself when speaking. I also don't want to talk loudly by accident and appear boorish to those around me.

EDIT: I reset and can hear in both ears, but it feels like it's dominant in the right ear. I pull the right bud out and also hear clearly in the left bud. (cannot pull the right too far away or else it ceases to connect to the left.)

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #222 of 581
I was on the train today and did a quick tip roll. The wind up was that my round Comply Comfort did a better seal than the Comply Isolation.

For the record, my Comfort were a small and the Isolation was a medium. (I have on hand Comforts in Medium and Large, but haven't had a chance to try them.)

Why the round Comply Comfort ruled might be because of the nozzle length and overall fit of the E8. I'm thinking if an E8 really fits you well, where you're almost satisfied with the stock silicone tips it comes with, that Comply Comfort will do a better job of sealing than the Isolation model. My Isolation appeared crimped in some fashion. I mean, I probably could have worked on it and gotten the Isolation to seal better; but time was limited. Even then, getting a seal with ease and faster by using the Comfort is somewhat telling.

This was only to test which tip prevented an annoying fan noise from invading the head space; no music was playing at the moment.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #223 of 581
Had a great Saturday at CanJam NY.

On the train back, I experienced sonic amnesia; fully cognnizant of how amazing some combinations sounded; but without note taking, it became somewhat blurry. But I must say I was not disappointed with my E8's on the way home. Which could also be part of "empty wallet" syndrome that reinforces settling with what you've got. :wink:

One of the nice conversations was at the Final table. The man at the booth handed me a size sampler pack of their ear tips called the E type. Sizes covered were SS - S- M- L - LL.

Popped the medium on just now at home and ... wow. Such an immediate seal. For example sake, what was on them right before was Spinfit in Medium.

I don't have audiophile's ears and the language down, but there appears to be very good soundstage, airy-ness and instrument separation. Bass is voluptuous (Une Table À Trois; Bhudda Bar disc 1). Also drums (Riding the Atlas; Halcyon Days / Steve Roach)

I think I'll acquire another set of Final E tips as a backup.

Regardless, I've been hankering to hear through Spiral Dots and am about to seal the deal on Amazon, unsure if they'll fit my E8. I sure hope they do.

Feb 18, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #224 of 581
I was there yesterday however unfortunately I missed the Final booth (did not even know about this company)

I stopped by the Comply booth as someone posted here about having better results with the comfort tips vs. the isolation tips regarding a tighter seal. The Comply rep gave me a set of Comforts and I tried them on the train ride home. More me I prefer the Isolation model for seal and sound.

Where are these Final E tips available? A quick Google only showed Japanese websites for availability?

Feb 18, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #225 of 581
Where are these Final E tips available? A quick Google only showed Japanese websites for availability?

The man I met said he was a production manager for Final Audio. His table was located near the Audio 46 table; sort down the aisle from where iFi Audio was.

The tips set was bagged and stapled to a glossy printed card; both sides of the card with specs on the tips. As for info in order to acquire tips, this might help:

Card had this on it: info@finalaudiousa.com and they had an 800 number: 800-506-0628. Also, for good measure, Audio 46 in Manhattan carries Final Audio product, phone number: 212 354-6424.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back