Benjie Offical Thread
Nov 21, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #1,666 of 2,126
I think it's more of the same but you need to refer to spec sheets to confirm. This budget DAPs use pretty much the same chips but different screens, buttons/navigations, designs and of course, the firmware. Just drop by any available forums or reviews.
I use drivesort from : http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort/?lang=en
It's a powerful sorting apps with few initial setup (file extension and set to playlist mode) before it's good to go. Make sure to adopt FAT32 for app compatibility. It can sort folder automatically or even manually into position according to your liking.
Cheaper DAP has limited media library processing power. After reaching certain amount of content on internal storage, media update becomes laggy. But with external storage you have to browse manually which requires media to be properly organized for fast searching. That's when drivesort serves its purpose. I think you should go with external sd card for primary storage. Please be informed you should keep only a few directory (eg by genre). Drivesort can handle plenty sub dir but too many dir can significantly reduce sorting speed.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #1,667 of 2,126
MP3 Player Bluetooh 8GB Metal BENJIE K9 Upgraded version K8 1.8" Screen Play Lossless Sound FM Radio Voice Recorder muisc Player
http://s.aliexpress.com/aURzEVFz
(from AliExpress Android)

Can anyone confirm me which model is this?? Seems like X1, name written K9 & specs given are for k8. Have anyone ordered this?

I would not order anything from these guys if they can't post a better ad than this!!!!!

Nov 21, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #1,668 of 2,126
Whats the difference between the X1, K8 and K9? The sellers on Aliexpress seem to imply that K8 is the newer bluetooth model of the X1, and the K9 is an upgrade K8.
K9 > K8 > X1.

However, I've only found comments on the X1 and K9, nothing about the K8 here.
Seems like the X1 has better reviews than the K9 to me?

Nov 21, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #1,669 of 2,126
Whats the difference between the X1, K8 and K9? The sellers on Aliexpress seem to imply that K8 is the newer bluetooth model of the X1, and the K9 is an upgrade K8.
K9 > K8 > X1.

However, I've only found comments on the X1 and K9, nothing about the K8 here.
Seems like the X1 has better reviews than the K9 to me?

Photo looks like an X1 to me (also notice no speaker imbedded on the back K9), so if this is the new K8 it sure looks based off the X1 and not the K9 IMO!

Nov 21, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #1,670 of 2,126
Photo looks like an X1 to me (also notice no speaker imbedded on the back K9), so if this is the new K8 it sure looks based off the X1 and not the K9 IMO!

I think they're all around 4cmX8.5cm. But the thickness decreases from X1 > K8 > K9(the upgraded k8 ver). 10mm > 8mm > 6mm respectively.
Battery life also increases each jump. Not sure how the UI or SQ fares though?

I think the K9 listed is actually just a K8 with wrong specs though.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #1,671 of 2,126
Okay, after looking through ALOT of listings, pictures and reading through aliexpress and other sources I have come to this assumption now:

There are three models. The X1, the K8 and the K9S (Different from the K9).

The X1 got released first. Thickness 10mm.
Then the K9S, at 8mm.
Then the latest model, K8, at 6mm.
That is the most distinctive feature. Also, there is no red color for the X1, but available for the K9S and K8.

So my suggestion would be to go for the K8 > K9S > X1 from newest model to oldest, ASSUMING there is no downgrade in Sound quality or UI, as the newer versions are slimmer, with improved battery life and bluetooth built in.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #1,673 of 2,126
Just a (probably needless) update on my experience with the Benjie X1: I recently inserted a new 16gb SD card (by Samsung) to use and was pleasantly surprised when the crackling/ticking noise I've been claiming to hear in the background with my other SD cards (by Sandisk) is practically absent. I can still hear extremely faint noise but that's only when I'm in a completely quite area and I'm listening veeeeeeeery closely with the volume turned all the way to zero while a music file is playing. I wonder if it'd be the same with a 128gb SD card...

Now I'm really enjoying the stupidly high battery life (I've been pretty hard on its battery, having used it extensively for the past 4 days - even leaving it on overnight once by accident, and the battery icon has only gone down by 1 increment out of 5) and great sound quality for the price, but still wish Benjie came up with a new firmware soon to fix the many bugs plaguing the UI, such as the screen freezing when attempting to turn the DAP off when the clock screensaver is showing, the song name of the current playing song occasionally obscuring the view of the volume when attempting to increase/decrease it, and more occasional freezing when switching songs right after waking up the device from sleep mode. Of course, it's a mere pipe dream, but I can still dream... and considering the many drops this player has gone through like a trooper, I could probably dream for a really long time before it becomes a reality I can still take advantage of with a functional player! :)

Nov 22, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #1,675 of 2,126
MP3 Player Bluetooh 8GB Metal BENJIE K9 Upgraded version K8 1.8" Screen Play Lossless Sound FM Radio Voice Recorder muisc Player

Can anyone confirm me which model is this?? Seems like X1, name written K9 & specs given are for k8. Have anyone ordered this?
It's not the X1. It has more rounded corners and the side buttons are in different position. It looks like they've upgraded the K9 and added dedicated volume buttons and capacative touch controls on the front. I'm not a fan of the touch controls on the X1 - big fingers and a lot of missed presses and it's near impossible to use in the dark. Having said that however, the Benjie DAPs are the best I've tried in the ultra-budget segment.

The T6 is now my daily beater. It's not as well buillt as the A50 but IMO it has a slightly better sound though there's very little separating them.

Nov 25, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #1,676 of 2,126

This is a Benjie K8. The K8 is called an upgrade version of the K9. The K8 has no speaker and includes a remedial but functioning implementation of Bluetooth. The K8 is lighter and has a plastic back and the front is touch surface rather than physical buttons. The K8 has dedicated volume buttons. The K9 came first along with the S5 and they've rolled out this about the same time as the X1 and the Bluetooth version of the S5. K8 sounds the same as the other Benjies using this chip. As with the other devices, battery life is great.

The ad copy is just the common rough English and isn't misleading or confused.

Nov 25, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #1,677 of 2,126
I am new to this thread and I've had my K9 for less than 2 weeks. I've been charging it daily and using it for burning in IEMs. Tonight I decided to grab it along with the IEM it was working on and actually listen to it. It does well driving things since I decided to try it with a few headphones too. Sounds acceptable. Decided to try using the Topping NX1s just for grins to see if there's a difference. The amount of detail from lower midrange thru bass increased dramatically. I thought from reading this thread that the K9 alone had an acceptable amp but my experience with the NX1s doesn't match that assessment. Am I the only one who's had this experience?

Nov 29, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #1,678 of 2,126
Just received my Benjie K8.
Bought them for really cheap during BF with the coupons on GB, and took only 5 days to reach me.

Initial impressions:
Solidly built, buttons give a good clicky feel and are responsive
No issue with touch screen
Snappy UI on a bright screen
Great amount of settings! - Brightness, Backlighting for touch keys, Equalizer (Presents & Custom), Clock screensaver, Sleep Timer, Idle Shutdown
I am able to set a MAX VOLUME LIMIT and a SLEEP TIMER! (My top two favourite features)
FM Radio & Bluetooth & EBook - None of which i plan to use very often, but it's nice to have FM Radio on the go)
I can customize and manage playlist & delete songs WITHIN the player.
Yay for side volume buttons that do not wake the screen (Why isn't this on every player yet?)

No more hisses and static, and I can hear more detail and better separation compared to my OnePlus 3T (Which I found to be pretty decent for a phone).

They match my Svara Reds pretty nicely.
4N9cpdl.jpg

For $15, they are an absolute steal.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #1,679 of 2,126
Just received my Benjie K8.
Bought them for really cheap during BF with the coupons on GB, and took only 5 days to reach me.

Initial impressions:
Solidly built, buttons give a good clicky feel and are responsive
No issue with touch screen
Snappy UI on a bright screen
Great amount of settings! - Brightness, Backlighting for touch keys, Equalizer (Presents & Custom), Clock screensaver, Sleep Timer, Idle Shutdown
I am able to set a MAX VOLUME LIMIT and a SLEEP TIMER! (My top two favourite features)
FM Radio & Bluetooth & EBook - None of which i plan to use very often, but it's nice to have FM Radio on the go)
I can customize and manage playlist & delete songs WITHIN the player.
Yay for side volume buttons that do not wake the screen (Why isn't this on every player yet?)

No more hisses and static, and I can hear more detail and better separation compared to my OnePlus 3T (Which I found to be pretty decent for a phone).

They match my Svara Reds pretty nicely.
4N9cpdl.jpg

For $15, they are an absolute steal.

Awesome to hear you enjoy the Benjie K8! Heck, now I can't help but wonder if I should ask George from Gearbest for a good deal on these :O. The absence of backlight buttons on the X1 is something I kinda miss, coming from an AGPtek IMP, and I'm interested in pairing a music player other than my phone with a bluetooth speaker I often use. Since the UI is the same as the X1's an the battery life seems to be around the same amount, I'm just about willing to pull the trigger on this though I'm hoping the there are less bugs >_< Out of curiosity, with the clock screensaver activated and in use after waking the player up from sleep mode (and not pressing any other buttons except the power button), does your player freeze when the third bar that appears underneath the power symbol on-screen turns red when holding the power button for 3 seconds? Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Dec 1, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #1,680 of 2,126
Awesome to hear you enjoy the Benjie K8! Heck, now I can't help but wonder if I should ask George from Gearbest for a good deal on these :O. The absence of backlight buttons on the X1 is something I kinda miss, coming from an AGPtek IMP, and I'm interested in pairing a music player other than my phone with a bluetooth speaker I often use. Since the UI is the same as the X1's an the battery life seems to be around the same amount, I'm just about willing to pull the trigger on this though I'm hoping the there are less bugs >_< Out of curiosity, with the clock screensaver activated and in use after waking the player up from sleep mode (and not pressing any other buttons except the power button), does your player freeze when the third bar that appears underneath the power symbol on-screen turns red when holding the power button for 3 seconds? Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Just tested. It does not freeze.
As usual, it flashes the See You! Screen after the third bar lights up, then turns itself off immediately after. Real snappily :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back