Benjie Offical Thread
Jan 21, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #1,081 of 2,126
I think its probably on par with Walnut imo. The Benjie seems to drive earphones really well and for high impedence cans i think u can just use an amp to drive it better.

Walnut has the power, but it is really selective on what u use it with. Some easy to drive earphones dont sound good with it. And there is no screen and can only support limited formats.

For me after some time i find myself liking the S5 more as it really is more flexible. Get a 32gb card and u get a 40gb player for 40usd. That's 1gb per nickel and has enough juice to last almost half a day. (Tho i need to reiterate the volume problem, too soft down one level and too loud up one level)

Jan 21, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #1,082 of 2,126
To me the Walnut sounds a good deal better when paired with the right IEM's /earphones /headphones but the S5 is a safer bet and also much more user friendly due to having a screen :wink:

Jan 21, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #1,083 of 2,126
To me the Walnut sounds a good deal better when paired with the right IEM's /earphones /headphones but the S5 is a safer bet and also much more user friendly due to having a screen :wink:

Yea man totally agree with u. I cant find anything near the Walnut + Senzer H1 combo for the clarity on the upper mid to highs from what i have. Nearest contender is the ZST + S5 but still far from it.

Sad thing is my S5 is peeling off, and the effect really looks like a scratchcard being scratched off. Resisting the urge to take a coin and rub against it lol

Jan 21, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #1,087 of 2,126
  Hi all.  Please be kind on me here.
Ok, so I have a Benjie S5.  What firmware should I use?  People are flashing AGPtek M20 firmware I see.  But I would probably prefer just proper Benjie firmware unless it's pointless to be so OCD about it :).  Any links?
And how do I go about flashing (or just link me to the instructions)?
I'm also not sure how to tell what firmware I'm currently running.  The boot screen says "Welcome" if that gives you any idea.
When I check Benjie's site I don't see the S5 but the Benjie M20... with only 14 hours playback.  My Benjie S5 is supposedly 58 hours playback time.  I haven't actually used it all too long myself though.  I can only assume that firmware won't affect battery life (in a manner where 58 hours becomes 14 hours I mean).

Sorry but I've browsed a lot of pages here, but at 72 pages I've probably missed my answers.

I tested mine just after I got it and it played for about 24-25 hours before the battery died using MP3 files (128-192kbps). I didn't really expect 58 and 24 is really good for a player this size

Jan 21, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #1,088 of 2,126
I wanna know what's the best DAP under $25

The one that suits your needs and preferences the best will be the best one for you.

Jan 22, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #1,095 of 2,126
  Between those three which one has the better sound, which one is louder and which one has the better battery life?

I don't have any of these DAPs, but there is a cult following behind the S5 which according to some has slightly better sound than the K9 which is also well respected. The X1 is new and has no credible reviews at this point, but it is very likely that they all have exactly the same Audio chips. I don't know about battery life. 

Once again, this is just from what I have read. I don't have any of them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back