Benjie Offical Thread
Jan 11, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #1,006 of 2,126
After about ~15 in volume the dynamics are start to decrease and the sound get somewhat distorted -you no loger able to separate the insturments. If you have any other device as a reference you should hear that too ( I have an x-fi hd->cyrus 1->mission 760 as my desktop, and a sansa clip+ as my portable). Other than that the player has its values (like its not noisy, and it looks and feels great), but it just doesn't deliver the sound of the clip+ that i used to.

Maybe it is not the players fault its just that I have to pay a lot more to get the successor of the clip+:) (xduoo x2 maybe?)

I've got the X2 also, and a Galaxy S7 (Exynos version), I have the same music on my phone for emergencies as the SD card I swap between the S5 and X2, the audio quality from the S5 is good. If you're losing clarity at 15 volume and above there is something very wrong with your unit. If your unit is not faulty and you're expecting the X2 to be a step up in audio quality you're going to be seriously disappointed, the only advantage of the X2 over the S5 is the inbuilt amp, in fact there are quite a few people who would rate the S5 over the X2.

Jan 12, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #1,008 of 2,126

Ty for pointing out that I'm a new reg. I just registered to prevent others from the fail of buying this player as a replacement of the mighty clip+

I'm getting mine in a week or two, so I'll let you know if I think you might be right or not. I think most people aren't even using the Clip+ anymore. I bought it at the end of it's lifecycle, and that was two-years ago.

Jan 12, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #1,009 of 2,126
Horses for courses innit.

I find the s5 improves with an amp attached. I agree that the sound gets a bit grainy and lacks detail at higher volumes but I either attach an nx1 or a xd-10 to it. I don't think it likes ambient/ drone or classical music but I'm listening to the pink Floyd early years box with it and that sounds pretty great. Defo not as congested as a sansa.

The xDuoo x2 sq for me is defo slightly better, in fact I prefer it to the xDuoo x3. Ymmv as ever.

Jan 12, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #1,010 of 2,126
Horses for courses innit.

I find the s5 improves with an amp attached. I agree that the sound gets a bit grainy and lacks detail at higher volumes but I either attach an nx1 or a xd-10 to it. I don't think it likes ambient/ drone or classical music but I'm listening to the pink Floyd early years box with it and that sounds pretty great. Defo not as congested as a sansa.

The xDuoo x2 sq for me is defo slightly better, in fact I prefer it to the xDuoo x3. Ymmv as ever.

All of this 100%

Jan 12, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #1,012 of 2,126
Ty for pointing out that I'm a new reg. I just registered to prevent others from the fail of buying this player as a replacement of the mighty clip+

Since you're new here I'm not going to say anything else than that it might be wise to check out the posting guidelines for this forum before you post anything more.

It's a fair chance that you might not get the chance to post much more otherwise.....

Jan 12, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #1,013 of 2,126
You cant really moan. I can pick one for under £20. Thats great value. A Clip can cost over 3-4 times that atm. Add an nx1 (just over £20) thats still way cheaper than a Clip and a better sound experience imo

Aliexpress and Ebay are showing $22 for S5 and $36 for NX1A

could you kindly link where I can get S5 and NX1A at such a low price

Jan 12, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #1,014 of 2,126
Aliexpress and Ebay are showing $22 for S5 and $36 for NX1A.

could you kindly link where I can get S5 and NX1A at such a low price

In UK you can get the NX1A for £22 new on ebay (about $27), S5 is just under £17 from Gearbest (about $21). Sometimes AE is expensive for whatever reason, I remember my X2 was same price from UK as it would have been from China due to exchange rate changes.

Jan 13, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #1,015 of 2,126
What's up with the folder browser sorting according to date modified (I think)? I want it sorted alphabetical. Also, any way to add more files to now playing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back