Benjie Offical Thread
Jul 1, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #77 of 2,126
Whoa, and yes this is the right thread, all benjie models are good to talk about here

Found a bit more .. and this sounds really tasty .. op-amp ... DAC!!! ... sounds like the Fiio X3 II a bit (wait, did that one have an op-amp?)  .. still not sure about the button config .. and since we are Benjie fans here .. anyone ever bother trying the 'cheapo' Benjie branded IEMs that come with the players? Those are not as bad as one would think! I was very surprised. 

I hope my unit gets here soon .. I paid extra EMS for 5-12 day delivery, now the order page says it will be 22-40 days .. woo hoo ... might do an unbox / review video ... 

Whoa!

USB DAC option!

And a sabre 9018 :)

I'll be getting one of these

Jul 1, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #78 of 2,126

Whoa!

USB DAC option!

And a sabre 9018
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll be getting one of these

where does it say sabre 9018  ?  

Jul 2, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #80 of 2,126
Returned back to my S5 after a few weeks away. I genuinely dont think it likes classical, ambient or drone music, but guitar based stuff is sounding great. With VSD3s got a real punchy and clean sound listening to Stone Roses and Spiritualized (if that means anything to anyone ha)

Jul 2, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #81 of 2,126
Finally got around to field test my S5 a bit .. I am actually quite happy with the sound for lounge / chillout. 

What really bugs me though (and maybe I am doing something wrong), that there is no folder display once I am in Cardfolder. I just get a long list of all songs, alphabetically. So, the best I can do is go by albums and hope everything is neatly tagged. 

Same btw for the C-One

and is it just me or does the display stay on all the time? Maybe it does not need much power? Maybe there are still hidden settings I need to get to. 

Jul 2, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #82 of 2,126
Oh, and one more thing on the new T1 (I really hope it gets here next week).... check this out

I also like how there is NO labeling of the buttons, but maybe that changes in the final version .. 

Jul 2, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #83 of 2,126
Finally got around to field test my S5 a bit .. I am actually quite happy with the sound for lounge / chillout. 

What really bugs me though (and maybe I am doing something wrong), that there is no folder display once I am in Cardfolder. I just get a long list of all songs, alphabetically. So, the best I can do is go by albums and hope everything is neatly tagged. 

Same btw for the C-One

and is it just me or does the display stay on all the time? Maybe it does not need much power? Maybe there are still hidden settings I need to get to. 

Hi Caipirina, if you go back up the menu tree to 'Music' after choosing the external card, it should ask to build a list of files and you should then be able to view by song, artist, album, etc. At least, that's what I think it did on mine.. :-/

Regarding the display, I actually have two S5s at the moment (one for my father), and one does keep the display up whilst the other turns off after a short period, at which point you have to press the power button to get it back. I presume this is in settings.

By the way, do you have a link for the T1? :)

Jul 2, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #84 of 2,126
By the way, do you have a link for the T1? :)

Thanks for the tips and tricks .. will start playing around with that ... 

and here is a link .. I realized that this is not easy to find since neither benjie nor T1 is in the title.

They call it: 
"New model 2.4 inches all lossless format metal HiFi music player" from 
Store:Benjie Technology Co.,Ltd

Jul 4, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #86 of 2,126
AAAaaaaand ... while I am still waiting to get my T1, I am getting an email from my sales contact with the manual (in English) of that thing. No big revelations. But through his email I finally find the official Benjie website .. and looksie here ... there is already a BJ-T2 in the pipeline... Besides the TWO way BT (?), head-fiers might be very interested in point 2 of the list of specs

From the design it reminds me too much of the original iPod / Fiio X1/3  ... and BT only makes sense for me on smaller players I take out running .. so .. 

find more on benjie-tx.com

Jul 4, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #87 of 2,126
Well these 2 Benjie T1 and T2 look more than interesting.

Will keep an eye on these for sure, and I can't wait for your impressions too!

For the T1 i'm not sure about the DAC, perhaps it's the Rock chip Nano D that process sound:
''Rockchip is better known for their application processor like RK3188 or RK3288 found in tablets and mini PCs, but the company is also making lower power SoCs such as RKNanoC Cortex M3 micro-controller used in wireless audio applications, and more recently Rockchip demonstrated RKNanoD, a dual core Cortex M3 micro-controller for IoT and high-definition audio applications.''

Heard about this chip when reading about the Newsmy A33 music player that make some buzz in Russia...

Man, a Sabre ES9018 dac at this price would be too beautifull to be true! If it is really the case i'll buy one right now!
 ​

Jul 4, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #88 of 2,126
  Well these 2 Benjie T1 and T2 look more than interesting.

Man, a Sabre ES9018 dac at this price would be too beautifull to be true! If it is really the case i'll buy one right now!
 ​

One extra bit I found out is that what I thought to be a line out port, is actually an audio IN port .. for recording! Not a functionality I see any immediate need (for me), but could be interesting for others (recording DJ sets from soundboard i.e.) 

Speaking of line out .. every now and then I peruse AliEx and found another entry in that 'maybe it has a really cool DAC' DAP field, called the Aidu AX8 .. and their ad for the line out is hilarious: 

Comes with a Wolfson DAC chip! For your lossness music .. or Loch Ness ... :wink: 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back