Benjie Offical Thread
May 4, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #1,876 of 2,126
Hi thanks for your reply’s , I’ve had unit for a while now but mostly used for MP3’s which play fine . Card is a class 4 sdxc so might need something faster . . ?
How do you reset and do you have any links/instructions for the AGPTek software please ?

May 4, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #1,879 of 2,126
hi just reformatted sd card from settings and put some new FLAC files on it working great so far ... thanks all :)

I have the AGPTEK version of the S5, the M20, but I've seen posts on this thread of people recommending installing the AGPTEK firmware on the Benjie version. If I'm remembering correctly, I think it allows more user playlists over the stock version?

May 11, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #1,881 of 2,126
Try a different cable.

May 18, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #1,882 of 2,126
Hey all,

I've been busy with a whole lot of schoolwork concerning high school graduation lately but I'd like to take a bit of time to say a few things about the Benjie K8 (with a built-in speaker) I received in the mail 2 days ago.

Long story short, I'm extremely satisfied.
Haven't tested the battery life extensively yet but woah... all of the problems I had with both of my Benjie X1 DAPs - freezing when trying to power off on the clock screen, buzzing/ticking noises in the background, FLAC playback interrupted by stuttering, volume changing while on the now playing screen causing some of the song files in the song select menu to appear on it... ALL NON-EXISTANT with the K8! Not to mention the ADDED FEATURES on the K8 which I highly appreciate: there is an alarm I can set on the player, and the speaker + backlight buttons can be toggled on/off in the options menu (speaker works surprisingly well btw, it can be loud for such a small-looking thing!). Firmware is SNAPPY on both the K8 and X1, even though the touch controls are more finicky on my K8 than X1 (I have to tap in FRONT of the arrows on the directional buttons, not on the buttons themselves, to increase my chances of the press registering). Bluetooth seems to pair and play well, too (tried pairing it with my friend's Bluetooth IEMs with no fuss! Don't have any Bluetooth IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones of my own to double-check, though). I took quite a few photos for comparison with one of the Benjie X1 DAPs I own which I want to post later on, as the firmware, besides the Bluetooth capabilities on the K8, have some notable differences such as an entirely revamped extended menu (toggled by selecting the "Tools" option on the K8's home menu) allowing access to the extra features such as voice recording and the FM radio also present in the X1.

Navigation is also interestingly different between the K8 and X1; when browsing up and down through song lists/folders/playlists/etc., the up/down buttons are used to navigate, left is used to go back to the previous menu, and right is to choose between going to the "Now playing" screen for the current song or deleting it (if any song is playing) on the K8, whereas for the X1, navigation through the lists is done via left/right buttons, down is used to go back to the last menu, and up is to choose between going to the "Now playing" screen for the current song or deleting it (if any song is playing).

Finally, sound. Yikes, (arguable) the most important thing about a DAP, and I don't know how to comment on it like most of the more active and experienced Head-Fiers here? I need to learn, dangit... how can I say this with the limited knowledge and understanding I have concerning audiophile lingo? Um... take all this with a massive grain of salt, but: bass seems to be only odd aspect I've noticed in the K8 - light, lacking punch with my Yersen FEN-2000, BGVP SGZ-DN1 and Superlux HD668B. Haven't tried with my Tin Audio T2 yet but not expecting much of a difference. Sound feels a little congested overall compared to my Ruizu A50, but hey, the Ruizu A50 costs about twice as much in Canada compared to the Benjie K8!

Anyways, please let me know if you guys have any questions about the K8, and I hope you look forward to the comparison photos!

May 18, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #1,884 of 2,126
I want to buy a player to save my smartphone's battery. Can someone suggest the best player for about 25 euros? Thanks.

The Benjie S5 is under 25 euro. If you don't like touch screens then the Benjie k3 is basically the same player as the S5 minus the touch screen controls. Most people on this forum rate the S5 pretty highly for its sound quality, and the K3 in my opinion sounds just as good, both only have 8GB on board, but support micro SD cards.

Benjie S5
https://uk.gearbest.com/mp3-mp4-players/pp_437373.html

Benjie K3
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/All...2e39-40cc-9ffc-5576af259331&priceBeautifyAB=0

May 18, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #1,885 of 2,126
Thanks for the recommendations. I like the k3. I also like the k9. Has anyone tried the N9000? This looks very nice, but probably has a very small battery.

Can you also suggest good cheap earphones for about 10 dollars?

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #1,886 of 2,126
Well, after I ordered the K11 BT two weeks ago on Aliexpress, my red S5 that I bought on Ebay in January arrived. I suspect there wasn't a Customs sticker on it, and it went back. A well-traveled Benjie.

May 25, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #1,887 of 2,126
Can someone please give me step by step instructions* to put the Agptek m20 firmware on my Benjie S5? I have downloaded the M20(20170613) .rar file.

*Keeping in mind that I'm extremely tech-challenged. :^/

And what are the chances of bricking it?

May 25, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #1,888 of 2,126
I recently stumbled across the AGPTEK C2 and eventually found the Benjie version, the Benjie K11 /A12.
It has the same ATJ2129 SoC as the S5 and the K9, but sports a 2.4 inch screen with a 240*320 resolution, plus a 600mAh battery.
The Benjie version only seems available to buy from wholesalers at the moment, but the AGPTEK version has been on sale awhile and has mostly good reviews on amazon so far.

Here's the AGPTEK version the C2 on Amazon UK, there's an 8GB, plus a 16GB version the AGPTEK C2S for not much more money.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AGPTEK-Blu...6FXJ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

The Benjie K11 version is available in more colour options, there's an image of it connected to a mobile phone via USB

https://benjie-tech.en.alibaba.com/..._A12_music_MP3_player_with_bluetooth_4_0.html

The increased resolution is a nice upgrade over most other Chinese DAP's that are available to buy at this price range. Has anyone managed to get hold of one of these yet?

Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #1,889 of 2,126
The Benjie S5 is under 25 euro. If you don't like touch screens then the Benjie k3 is basically the same player as the S5 minus the touch screen controls. Most people on this forum rate the S5 pretty highly for its sound quality, and the K3 in my opinion sounds just as good, both only have 8GB on board, but support micro SD cards.

Would it be possible for you to share pictures of K3?

May 28, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #1,890 of 2,126
My mobile phone has a cracked screen at the moment, and I don't have access to another camera. It's about the same size as the S5 which is pretty small, but it's a bit thinner than the S5. The is screen is plastic just like the S5, but its curved around the edges. There's an image on this head-fi thread
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/obscure-chinese-daps.720512/page-190

There's an image in this Ali Express listing that has the measurements next to a size comparison of the iphone 7 plus.
https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/Allo...ini-Portable-Audio-player-FM/32798757597.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back