Benjie Offical Thread
Jun 1, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #1,891 of 2,126
I just got the AGPTek C2 AKA the Benjie K11, also known as the Benjie A12 in a few places.
I'm really enjoying it so far, the screens pretty decent @240x320 its a nice boost over other Benjie's that have even lower res screens, it has a very nippy and responsive UI, displays most album art, and also displays more characters on screen.
EQ settings are the exactly same as the S5's, and to me they even sound the same as the S5's, it does have the same ATJ2129 SoC onboard mind.

It came almost fully charged, I've been using it almost all day while carrying out some chores, and the battery indicator hasn't budged yet.

If you're a fan of the S5's sound but want more battery life, this is a great option, it also has AGTek firmware available to download if the Benjie firmwares a bit flaky.

61hczEe1huL._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #1,892 of 2,126
I just got the AGPTek C2 AKA the Benjie K11, also known as the Benjie A12 in a few places.
I'm really enjoying it so far, the screens pretty decent @240x320 its a nice boost over other Benjie's that have even lower res screens, it has a very nippy and responsive UI, displays most album art, and also displays more characters on screen.
EQ settings are the exactly same as the S5's, and to me they even sound the same as the S5's, it does have the same ATJ2129 SoC onboard mind.

It came almost fully charged, I've been using it almost all day while carrying out some chores, and the battery indicator hasn't budged yet.

If you're a fan of the S5's sound but want more battery life, this is a great option, it also has AGTek firmware available to download if the Benjie firmwares a bit flaky.

Did you get the bluetooth version?

edit : formatting issues

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #1,894 of 2,126
Yes I did, but I don't have any bluetooth devices to test it with. I personally don't bother ever using bluetooth stuff myself.

Ah no worries. How does it compare against the K3 you had in terms of sound and build quality ? Also, the increase in size and resolution seems like a legitimate improvement over K8/K9/T6.

There is a similar looking, albeit with a smaller screen, model called A20. It supposedly has APT-X support but I am tempted by the larger screen on K11.

Jun 2, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #1,895 of 2,126
Ah no worries. How does it compare against the K3 you had in terms of sound and build quality ? Also, the increase in size and resolution seems like a legitimate improvement over K8/K9/T6.

There is a similar looking, albeit with a smaller screen, model called A20. It supposedly has APT-X support but I am tempted by the larger screen on K11.

The screen looks surprisingly decent with good horizontal viewing angles, Its a very noticeable step up over the even lower res screens on most of these DAP's from China.
I would say sound quality is about the same as the K3, maybe even a bit clearer without any EQ presets on in comparison to the K3, there's no hiss during silence (very clean and clear sound). The EQ settings are lifted form the other Benjie models which use the same chipset, and they all sound the same to me when applied.

The body is metal including the sides, and the front top is the usual plastic they use on all their MP3 players, but it does feel decent in the hand with clicky volume and a power buttons, the plastic screen is seems thicker than the K3's, it doesn't bend as easily when pressed hard.

The battery indicator still hasn't moved since yesterday, and I've been using a bit since this morning.

Jun 2, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #1,896 of 2,126
Just to check if I buy a rocker, I can now install rockbox on it?

Jun 2, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #1,897 of 2,126
The screen looks surprisingly decent with good horizontal viewing angles, Its a very noticeable step up over the even lower res screens on most of these DAP's from China.
I would say sound quality is about the same as the K3, maybe even a bit clearer without any EQ presets on in comparison to the K3, there's no hiss during silence (very clean and clear sound). The EQ settings are lifted form the other Benjie models which use the same chipset, and they all sound the same to me when applied.

The body is metal including the sides, and the front top is the usual plastic they use on all their MP3 players, but it does feel decent in the hand with clicky volume and a power buttons, the plastic screen is seems thicker than the K3's, it doesn't bend as easily when pressed hard.

The battery indicator still hasn't moved since yesterday, and I've been using a bit since this morning.

Excellent!
Which colour did you go for ? Blue looks very appealing to me.

Jun 2, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #1,899 of 2,126
Jun 2, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #1,900 of 2,126

The K3 has one custom EQ profile as well as the same presets as the S5 and the K11, I can never get the manual EQ to sound good when adjusting it myself. I usually just leave the EQ off because the benjies with the AJ SoC's have a pretty balanced sound profile, I'll sometimes use the jazz and rock EQ presets.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #1,901 of 2,126
I just got my blue BT K11. I haven't used the BT yet. The manual included is all Chinese, but the player came set to English. It's a lot bigger than an S5, and I'm a little afraid of dropping it.

Jun 2, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #1,902 of 2,126
I just got my blue BT K11. I haven't used the BT yet. The manual included is all Chinese, but the player came set to English. It's a lot bigger than an S5, and I'm a little afraid of dropping it.

Because the screens plastic its unlikely to crack the LCD underneath if you drop it, you'd have to really throw it hard and with intention to stand a chance of cracking the screen. I've had a few devices in the past with plastic screens, and while they scratch much more easily than glass screens, they can take much more abuse when it comes to accidental drops and bangs. You can download the AGPTek manual from their site here

https://www.agptek.com/product/c2-8gb-bluetooth-4-0-mp3-player-touch-button-with-backlight/

Jun 2, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #1,903 of 2,126

I bought that too and returned it though. I played with it for a week and it's actually quite good for the price. I ended up wanting something higher quality though, but I think its a good cheap DAP thats easy to use. I had some issues getting album art to display and I want/need custom EQ.

Jun 4, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #1,905 of 2,126
Do you mind posting pictures of it? I'd love to hear your experience using it with a Bluetooth earphone.

It doesn't sound great with the BT earphones I have (Meeaudio), and this is just listening to audiobooks, which don't even require the quality level that music does. The player also gets warm (top, sides) using BT, but stays cool when using wired earphones. The sound dropped 4 or 5 times when I moved, and I'm only sitting on a couch, not jogging, but it's probably the Meeaudio. I'm kind of disappointed in the BT aspect. I don't really want to buy new BT earphones, and these ones are too "tinny" for me.

@jamonbread Thanks for the link to the C2 instructions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back