Below $80 and $110
Aug 31, 2010 at 3:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

richbass

500+ Head-Fier
Hi Guys,
Please help me choose the best IEM under 80$.
Type of Music i listen to ? Well i mostly listen to psychedelic trance, hip-hop, rap, RnB, Rock, Club and everything i like. It doesn't matter if its classical or jazz or acoustic.
I have narrowed  down M6/M6P or Hippo VB.
I don't want RE0 types as i don't like neutral sound.
Please help me choose between these two or any other better than these and below 90$.
Thanks

Aug 31, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #2 of 25
The M6 isn't exactly on-level with the Eterna in overall SQ, being half the price. The Eterna's competitors for non-neutral sound are the Xears TD100, ViSang R03/Brainwavz M2, Hippo VB, and so forth. There is no objective 'best' so read some reviews and see which strikes your eye (ear?) most.

Sep 1, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #5 of 25
JR is having a sale on the HJE900 for $90 down from $150. At $90 HJE900 are REALLY REALLY good.

Sep 1, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #6 of 25
Fisher Silver Bullets are a candidate.  I was ABing the JVC FXC50 and Sennheiser CX200 last night and each of their weaknesses kept causing me to swap back and forth.  Got tired of it and popped my Brainwavz M1 in and just utter bliss.  They never left my ears till I went to sleep.  Sounds like the HJE900 would be a good candidate if you could find $10.  Before its too late....

Sep 1, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #8 of 25
If you can step the budget up to $100, some more options become available.

$80 is a finicky point.  There's a lot of good option under that price point but also a slew of stellar options you're leaving out for just $10-$20 more.

Sep 1, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #9 of 25
Really? I thought that the RE0 sounded pretty natural sounding to me, with a good amount of bass to go around. It just has a lot of detail, that's all, and that's always a good thing.
anyways, go for the hippo vb or fischer audio eterna

Sep 1, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #10 of 25
k Increased to $100 but still stuck with 3 choices. Klipsch Custom 3, HJE900 or Radius DDM, Radius only if its worth the extra $50.
Need help guys..
I mostly listen to psychedelic trance, hip-hop, rap, RnB, Rock, Club, Hindi and everything i like. It doesn't matter if its classical or jazz or acoustic.
I don't like analytical/neutral sound :p like RE0 and my shure 840's.
I want no.1 = bass and no.2 mids+treble balance and other characteristics like soundstage, instrument separation etc. :p

Sep 1, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #11 of 25
You can get the OEM Radius from musicaacoustica for $109 USD shipped. It doesn't include the packaging or any of the accessories. You can purchase tips for an extra $6 USD. Just email them and ask for the best possible price.

Sep 1, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #12 of 25
The Radius are a good choice if you have medium to large ears, dont care for isolation, can handle microphonics and won't be moving much when using them :p

Sep 1, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #13 of 25
Ok people, I might buy 2 IEM's.
So this is my final question :-
1. Hippo VB or Brainwavz M2 ?
2. Klipsch Custom 3 or Panasonic RP-HJE900 ?

Thanks

Sep 1, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #14 of 25
I was doing the same thing as you and after reading around I finally settled for the Soundmagic PL-30 (not terribly clear but inoffensive sound, plus decent soundstage) and preordering the Brainwavz M2 (nice impact while mantaining clarity). Both for less than $80. I wish I could get more isolation, though.

Although I've never heard ANY of the phones mentioned (yet), the M2 look like they would be spot-on for your main tastes.

Likewise, The VB seem really great too, but it seems that they are probably better suited for someneone who is a basshead+metalhead.

Despite all that, why are you not buying just one IEM for $100? I see really good choices if you can net a solid deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back