Before Head-Fi I was a BASSHEAD, were you?
Oct 5, 2006 at 10:30 AM Post #32 of 66
Declining basshead in the middle of transformation phase. Transformation tools: My MS1, a friend's DT880 & A900 --- and later hopefully my HD650.

Oct 5, 2006 at 10:52 AM Post #33 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by creyc
Always enjoyed a balanced system, but fascinated by bass!

Word!

I think there's something about bass that's naturally alluring. Maybe it's that the first step up from total cheap crap headhpones were total cheap crap headphones with bass, and we were sort of indirectly taught that bass = quality. Or maybe because strong bass has an actual physical sensation to it. Or because it's the driving force in most music that the higher sounds merely follow and dance upon.

Oct 5, 2006 at 11:02 AM Post #34 of 66
I've almost always used Sennheiser and Sony cans on Sony players. Hell, the megabass switch on my walkman hardly ever moved from the on position (maybe to save battery).

Yeah, I guess I classify as bass junkie as well.

Oct 5, 2006 at 11:55 AM Post #35 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
I still am, that's why I use the Omega IIs.

I have the K1000s to cover my 'audiophile' side, however.
tongue.gif

just toe those k1000s in closer to your head, that should give you bass aplenty
k1000smile.gif

anyway, i was and still am a basshead. nothing like feeling the hairs on your ears and cheeks vibrating to help suspension of disbelief along

Oct 5, 2006 at 12:16 PM Post #36 of 66
Certainly was, but the HD595s converted me

Oct 5, 2006 at 12:21 PM Post #37 of 66
Head-Fi hasn't changed my taste.

Oct 5, 2006 at 12:24 PM Post #38 of 66
The whole frequency range is important to me, but I still love bass. In my car I turn down the treble and turn up the bass. I love bass but not at the expense of the mids. I'm not youngster either, I'm 36 y.o.

Oct 5, 2006 at 12:42 PM Post #39 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by bazmonkey
Word!

I think there's something about bass that's naturally alluring.

Yea I agree. Something about bass makes it special imo. I always liked bass, but never actually heard it until my dt770s. Sometimes, when I'm listening to a song with phat bass goin', I ask myself, "Will I truly have as much fun listening to a k701 instead of this dt770?"

--

man, reading this site makes me want to upgrade so bad:/

Oct 5, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #41 of 66
hahahaha, precisely what converted me from a Total Basshead to Stereo Junkie was KOSS The Plug!!!! Dang I am telling you this atomic bomb in your ear freaked me out senseless
basshead.gif
Even for a hardcore Sony Basshead this thing totally blew all competitor to shreds in bass quantity dept
blink.gif

I was amazed I survived 2 weeks waering them and after that my repention begins hahahaha. Any mention of bass gives me paranoia
blink.gif

My road to salvation was eased with HJE50, and it opened my eyes or my senses rather that there's more to music than just bass. I begin to enjoy extended highs.

Now that my paranoia has subsided, my Kramer modded PortaPro tought me to enjoy tightly controlled bass....so I still love bass after all
tongue.gif

Oct 6, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #43 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Just don't try it though after a few pints and a hot vindaloo is my best advice
wink.gif

You're freaking me out - I just had a super hot Chicken Vindaloo from Baluchi's!
basshead.gif

Oct 6, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #44 of 66
I guess I enjoy what I would called "audiophile" bass. I love a sound with a lot of weight to it, a lot of authority, but I don't like "boom" bass. When a hammer on a piano hits a string, I want to hear the entire experience, I want it to be heavy.

Do I like bass? Absolutely I love it, but so long as it's not at the expense of the rest of the sound spectrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back