Before Head-Fi I was a BASSHEAD, were you?
Oct 5, 2006 at 1:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 66

EFN

Headphoneus Supremus
Well there you go, a confession from former Basshead turned Stereo Junkie. All this jargons of tone, timbre, highs, lows, soundstage, imaging, spatial etc were noexistant in my dictionary before
biggrin.gif
all that I cared about was BASS, more BASS and MEGA BASS
basshead.gif
biggrin.gif
Well what do you expect, coming from Sony fanbase that is LOL!

Now, any slight boom in bass ache my ear - cheesy! ah dang......

Oct 5, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #2 of 66
I think I slowly shyed away from bass as I got a little older. But...when I was younger, my equipment wasnt nearly what it is today, so the bass was covering up the other atrocious frequencies my speakers/headphones were making!
wink.gif

Oct 5, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #4 of 66
Oh heck yeah! I attribute the cause of part of my tinnitus to my car subwoofer back in high school
basshead.gif

I still like bass a lot, but too much fatigues my ears in no time.

Oct 5, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #6 of 66
No, never. I was always EQing for a clearer top end. I never EQd for bass response.

Oct 5, 2006 at 3:16 AM Post #8 of 66
Hell, I thought bass defined good sound. I would put every possible setting to make more bass... without the rattling effect. Haha those days are over.

Oct 5, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #11 of 66
I used to be. But, got these A900's, and saw the light. THERE WAS MORE TO MUSIC THAN JUST BASS!!! Amazing I thought. Well, these still have good bass for me, but, my stepmom's bose in her car just has way too much bass. And it is all the same note...BOOM!!! I like the different bass notes my headphones produce. When I get my car stereo, I'm going to have to be very picky on my sub.....

Oct 5, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #12 of 66
I still am, that's why I use the Omega IIs.

I have the K1000s to cover my 'audiophile' side, however.
tongue.gif

Oct 5, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #13 of 66
I was a freak, but back when I listened to a lot of hip hop, I actually EQed the bass down a little bit, turned my subwoofer down low, and EQed the treble up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back