Before and after pics - CURSE YOU HEAD FI!
Mar 30, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #4,441 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It quite handily puts everything I have owned to shame. The K1000, Baby O', RS-1, they all have nothing on this thing. I'm tempted to sell the K1000 since I hardly use it anymore since getting this beast of a headphone. The soundstage is amazing. The details are sharp but not exhausting, and the bass is just full and controlled.

In a more serious manner, it sounds like crap. There is no bass at all, and the rest is just a shrill sound. Nothing good. Though it may seem very comfy, it's not. It itches like mad. Incredibly hard to drive too... I'm wondering how it will sound out of the Aleph?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Ah. So then it really is truly an art object! Marvelous.

Mar 30, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #4,443 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah. So then it really is truly an art object! Marvelous.

It is. I love placing it on my turntable and just let it spin all day, staring at it and admiring the sheer beauty and craziness of it.

spin.jpg

Mar 30, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #4,444 of 6,026
i don't know what the crazier pic is on this page - the Squarepusher can rack (nice built up collection!) or the spinning inflatable...ok, that one wins
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #4,445 of 6,026
Ahhh. I am loving the delicate motion blurrrrrr … and the subtle wood base (is that beech wood, or…?)

Quote:

It is. I love placing it on my turntable and just let it spin all day, staring at it and admiring the sheer beauty and craziness of it.

spin.jpg

Mar 30, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #4,446 of 6,026
Quote:

spin.jpg

That, my friend, is odd.

icon10.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #4,447 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by *645-k701 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
5 months ago

today-ish

eek.gif
Nice collection! Especially in such a short time. Cursed you are.
eek.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahhh. I am loving the delicate motion blurrrrrr … and the subtle wood base (is that beech wood, or…?)

Close call, but it's Pear wood.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by configure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That, my friend, is odd.

icon10.gif

I beg to differ. Odd, no. Eccentric, definitely.
icon10.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #4,449 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rik you've been paid the ultimate compliment, a web comic of yourself
biggrin.gif

A webmovie and I'll be happy. Comic is for sissy girl. A movie is EXTREME!

Though I am quite humbled with the comic.
wink.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #4,450 of 6,026
Quote:

A webmovie and I'll be happy. Comic is for sissy girl. A movie is EXTREME!

Though I am quite humbled with the comic.
wink.gif

Sissy girl … okay … just don't call me girlyman, Arnold.

Mar 30, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #4,451 of 6,026
645pusher2jv9_4w-1.jpg

Very Lofty, J.
icon10.gif
Do you have a favorite, or 2? or 3?

Mar 31, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #4,452 of 6,026
Post #3,367 - Even More (Signal) Cables

My 2007 International Meet rig is coming together like the pieces of a puzzle - my third pair of Silver Res Analog ICs and third SilverMini IC arrived today. And a Silver Res Reference power cord too. I was really tempted to get the Black Sand Violet Z1 back (what can I say, I missed it in my system despite its price) but this was marginally cheaper, and I was willing to take a risk on a power cord only from Signal Cable.
wink.gif

Three analog RCA and three RCA-mini interconnects. Does this give anyone an idea of how many amps will be in my Meet rig? (They are not all listed here yet.)
tongue.gif
evil_smiley.gif

sc-xic.jpg

sc-xpc.jpg

Mar 31, 2007 at 9:27 AM Post #4,453 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Post #3,367 - Even More (Signal) Cables

My 2007 International Meet rig is coming together like the pieces of a puzzle - my third pair of Silver Res Analog ICs and third SilverMini IC arrived today. And a Silver Res Reference power cord too. I was really tempted to get the Black Sand Violet Z1 back (what can I say, I missed it in my system despite its price) but this was marginally cheaper, and I was willing to take a risk on a power cord only from Signal Cable.
wink.gif

Three analog RCA and three RCA-mini interconnects. Does this give anyone an idea of how many amps will be in my Meet rig? (They are not all listed here yet.)
tongue.gif
evil_smiley.gif

How do you like those Silver Resolution interconnect cables? I have one pair in order (with copper bullets) myself because they looked so interesting and aren't too expensive.

Apr 1, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #4,454 of 6,026
I might be biased in my response (heh) but the Silver Res Analog is an incredible IC in my system. I wouldn't be able to hear as much soundstage depth & width, clarity, and overall refinement without it. The more I upgrade the components around it (amp, source, headphones), the more it scales up to show me more of the music. I haven't done a critical listen between it and the Audioquest Python yet but they were easily neck and neck during the brief session I did compare them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back