BEER ME!
May 26, 2004 at 4:39 AM Post #17 of 182
In my neck of the (mostly working class) woods, we drink Yuengling Lager and Pabst Blue Ribbon. It doesn't get any better than Yuengling.

--Chris

May 26, 2004 at 4:42 AM Post #18 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by hempcamp
In my neck of the (mostly working class) woods, we drink Yuengling Lager and Pabst Blue Ribbon. It doesn't get any better than Yuengling.

Oh yea, you're a Marylander all right. All else you needed to mention was Natty Bo. ^_^

May 26, 2004 at 5:05 AM Post #19 of 182
I prefer a nice tall brown ale, cool, but not cold.
tongue.gif

May 26, 2004 at 6:33 AM Post #20 of 182
funny, I just gave up beer (I have an alcoholic neighbour who drinks 24 to 36 beers a day. He was always pushing them on me. I no longer speak to him). I gave up wine months ago. My adult beverage of choice is E&J VSOP Brandy. Napoleon Brandy or Christian Brothers Brandy just have too much bite. E&J VSOP is smooooth. And I don't get stupid when I drink too much.

Anyone try Kona beer? nice. I still want to find Ruggles Beer (LA distributor).

May 26, 2004 at 8:10 AM Post #21 of 182
I'm thinking that if radrd has said he likes Heineken and Fosters, then recommending ales might be a bit soon. They are far more an aquired taste than 'lager', which is what Fosters and Heiny are.

By all means, try the other stuff mentioned on this page, but a lot of the stuff is going to be a bit much for you if you've just started drinking beer.

I'd personally recommend Corona with a lime in it, as someone else mentioned, San Miguel always gets my vote too.
Perhaps Sol, Carlsberg, XXXX, Coors, Miller. Any of those are good. Grolsch is also very good, but a bit strong and with more of a hops flavour than the rest of them.

It's kinda like audio equipment, you have to try them all for yourself
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2004 at 8:22 AM Post #23 of 182
May be you should try some asian beers.
Tiger Beer from Singapore is quite good and strong, I think you can find it in uwajimaya.
And then you can also try Tsing Tao, sapporo and kirin.
For some reason I really like tsing tao beer.

Too bad they don't have San Miguel here, I really like them too when I was in Hong Kong for summer. Lucky I am going back in a month.

May 26, 2004 at 9:32 AM Post #24 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nisbeth
Come to Denmark, we don't drink Carlsberg here, we keep...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

/U.

Hehe, I've been to denmark and didn't mind the carlsberg
wink.gif

The thing with Fosters is you'll have a hard time actually finding places in Australia that sell it.

May 26, 2004 at 9:45 AM Post #25 of 182
You're in the NW, microbrew central! Make sure you take the time to sample all you can.
I usually take to the hoppier offerings from the likes of Rogue, Deschutes and Sierra Nevada myself, and an occasional stout or porter if I must.
Then theres the qty-not-quality nights mostly filled with the finer offerings (joking, of course) from the Anheuser-Busch Co. like Natural Light/Ice
wink.gif

May 26, 2004 at 10:16 AM Post #26 of 182
www.brewline.net

I love the good American Craft Brewed Beers! Everything from Sierra Nevada to Goose Island to Stone Brewery's Arrogant person Ale. I love a beer with body. I do not like Heineken. It does nothing for me. Although; I understand, the Heineken in Europe is much better.

Here's my small Barleywine refrigerator.. I keep this at 50 degrees.
47b4dd01b3127cceba86b230d0810000002613

And; my other mid-size. This one is kept at 40 degrees.
47b4dd01b3127cceba86b2d351520000002613

And; our Sheltie's name is "Foster". It's a fun beer in the oil can. But; I am much more of an Ale drinker than a Lager drinker.
47b2da02b3127cce9d2d928559a80000004610

May 26, 2004 at 10:26 AM Post #27 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by radrd
So I used to really dislike beer (couldn't drink more than one). They say it's an aquired taste, which I suppose it is. Well, at one point I decided to "acquire" it. Now, after buying and drinking a six pack of Heineken and a six pack of Fosters, I am starting to really like beer.
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm sure there is better stuff out there. What are your favorites and what do you recommend I try next?

Ahhh, now this is one of my pet loves: beer from around the world..
biggrin.gif
After all the beers I've tried, here is my absolute recommendation which has been my favourite beer for many years:

Either this:

dpl0301.jpg

or this:

erdinger.gif

..served like this:

Stills-Weissbier-Ensemble-N.125_medium.jpg

Sheer bliss...
smily_headphones1.gif
The Barvarians know how to brew beer...

May 26, 2004 at 10:51 AM Post #30 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by AGR
Excellent! I love a good Hefe Weizen in the spring and summer months!

Where are you located? This beer is starting to be served all over the world, now. Used to be difficult to find once.

I first tried it when working picking apples in a tiny village in South Tyrol, Northern Italy, when I was around 19 years old ( a while back..
wink.gif
). The village was called Lana, situated about 20 KMs from Bolzano (or Bozen as the German speakers in the area called it). Picked apples there for 6 weeks and had a couple of jars of this ber every night at the local pub after work. It quickly grew on me, though my first reaction to it was not so positive...it's a very special taste...

Here's a map of Italy:

map.gif

..and here's the exact position..
smily_headphones1.gif

184_5296_7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back