BEER ME!
May 26, 2004 at 3:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 182

radrd

Found that torchiere lamps induce nicotine addiction in moths.
So I used to really dislike beer (couldn't drink more than one). They say it's an aquired taste, which I suppose it is. Well, at one point I decided to "acquire" it. Now, after buying and drinking a six pack of Heineken and a six pack of Fosters, I am starting to really like beer.
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm sure there is better stuff out there. What are your favorites and what do you recommend I try next?

May 26, 2004 at 3:37 AM Post #2 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by radrd
So I used to really dislike beer (couldn't drink more than one). They say it's an aquired taste, which I suppose it is. Well, at one point I decided to "acquire" it. Now, after buying and drinking a six pack of Heineken and a six pack of Fosters, I am starting to really like beer.
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm sure there is better stuff out there. What are your favorites and what do you recommend I try next?

Hey, Heineken is definitely one of the best beers out there, IMHO. Be careful though, you do not want to drink too much non-light beer and then get a beer belly. You need to try a Corona with lime, and you will be in love. I know I was, it is my favorite beer now.

The next thing to do is to try light beer. Try Coors Light and Bud Light and see how you like it. It is more of the beer of choice at parties, and it tastes like W A T E R compared to the other beers mentioned.

Beer +
etysmile.gif
=
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

May 26, 2004 at 3:38 AM Post #4 of 182
Come to Australia, we don't drink Fosters here, we keep the good stuff to ourselves
wink.gif

Lesse... I like a nice Carlsberg, Hoegaarden is nice too. Um.. most of the stuff I drink is Australian beer though, James Boags, Cascade, Emu Bitter, Coopers, Beez Neez (locally brewed honey infused beer) etc.

May 26, 2004 at 3:47 AM Post #6 of 182
Quote:

The next thing to do is to try light beer. Try Coors Light and Bud Light and see how you like it. It is more of the beer of choice at parties, and it tastes like W A T E R compared to the other beers mentioned.

If I'm going to drink a beer, I want to taste it. I tried Coors Light and it was not a good experience. I'll stick with the heavy stuff. Some chicks dig beer bellies...
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

The first beer I ever drank was a Corona. I need to go back and try some more.

May 26, 2004 at 3:59 AM Post #7 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by radrd
Now, after buying and drinking a six pack of Heineken and a six pack of Fosters, I am starting to really like beer.
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

You type remarkably well for someone who just downed 12 beers.
tongue.gif
Would you believe that my dad and step-mother have a dog named Foster?

Anywho, other "mainstream" (ie. popular) lagers that you might want to try are Yuengling and Killian's...once you've been through most of the decent lagers, then you can go with pale ales, stouts, etc. Those in general are even more of an acquired taste than standard lagers.

Oh, and they have another dog named Killian. Think they like beer?

May 26, 2004 at 4:04 AM Post #9 of 182
My favorite without a doubt is Guinness. I even named my dog after it (he is black and tan). Next in line would be Newcastle Brown Ale. If you can find some Double Diamond, thats another good one but haven't seen it in a while. Yuenling is my beer of choice in terms of an inexpensive beer compared to the others. But there are so many other worthy candidates out there.

May 26, 2004 at 4:12 AM Post #10 of 182
Heineken is my norm.

I'll down an Olde English 40 oz ( or two ) when I want to get tanked though ... $2 for a major buzz .. can't beat it.

redface.gif

May 26, 2004 at 4:16 AM Post #11 of 182
I'm a fan of Bass Ale, Heineken, Grolsch, Newcastle, and any sort of redish/amber ale as a beer for more special occasions.

For day to day consumption, I like Strohs (hey, I'm from the Detroit area, what can I say?).

May 26, 2004 at 4:18 AM Post #13 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
For day to day consumption, I like Strohs (hey, I'm from the Detroit area, what can I say?).

You'd be surprised at just how many people I know have asked me if my family owns that company as soon as they get plastered.

"Hey dude, d'ya like, make this shtuff? It's soooo *hic* goooood..."
icon10.gif

Oh yea, just remembered -- Sam Adams Octoberfest is delish. ^_^

May 26, 2004 at 4:21 AM Post #14 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbert
I hate Heineken. I prefer ales. I suggest Pete's Wicked Ale, Sam Adams, Fat Tire, any microbrewery will blow Heineken out of the water. IMO.

Heineken is a very different beer than those that you've listed. It's more of a bitter beer, as opposed to a heavier ale. It's a change of pace in my rotation from some of the heavier stuff that I sometimes drink.

May 26, 2004 at 4:31 AM Post #15 of 182
my personal favorite is Hacker-Pschorr Weiss
my favorite style is brown ale... especially done by Bells (of Kalamazoo of Michigan)... hefeweizen too
current favs are Saint Arnolds Lawnmower (of Houston) and Harp (from Guinness)

most microbreweries make tasty beer... you DO get what you pay for in the beer world.

for cheap mass-produced water: mgd, tecate, xx, and rolling rock are the least evil of the bunch

and one can never, ever go wrong with good-ole-Guinness
biggrin.gif

guinness.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back