Beats
Jun 2, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #61 of 112
Is the solo2's more balanced and detailed than the studio 2.0's?

Jun 2, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #62 of 112
Would you say it's superior to the M100? The M100 was probably the most disappointing headphone I've owned, considering how much hype they got.

Yes, the solo2 has a larger soundstage for sure and general warmer tone.

But like everything sound related - try the solo2's with your ears - ultimately the best critic :wink:

Jun 2, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #63 of 112
Is the solo2's more balanced and detailed than the studio 2.0's?

Studio 2.0's have more prominent bass , bigger soundstage - new solo2's are in my view better balanced mainly due to the tighter but reduced bass - so the new solo2's do give their big brother a run for their money for sure.

Advantages of the Studio 2's is the active n/c, over ear fit which does give a more airy feel, and better prolonged use comfort factor compared to on ear cups but yeah the solo2's are a viable and cheaper alternative for sure.

The good thing with beats is they are so easy to access to audition - just go to your local Apple store and they have Studio 2.0's and solo2's out to try so you can audition them yourself to see if the Studios command the premium or not :)

Jun 2, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #64 of 112
Ugh, definitely gonna check these out then. While I'm not looking for a warm sound, I'd like to hear if they're better than the Momentum On Ear.

Jun 2, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #68 of 112
I don't think the rest of Head-Fi considers Beats as audio equipment, so talking about them here is like talking about fashionable clothes, hence it being in the Member's Lounge.

Probably just as well, this entire thread reads like a paid ad.

Jun 2, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #70 of 112

First of all, I'm not trying to offend you in any way.
But I think that is your problem, and no-one is forcing you to read this thread, so why not go to another one, one you like more? I'm quite enjoying this thread.

Jun 2, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #71 of 112
The good thing with beats is they are so easy to access to audition - just go to your local Apple store and they have Studio 2.0's and solo2's out to try so you can audition them yourself to see if the Studios command the premium or not
smily_headphones1.gif

DANG!  I agree with the "ability to audition!"  I get just as impatient with "Audio File" headphones that either ask you to drive to the next state, or buy on faith and return (sometimes)! as I get with pretentious "audio file" headphones that either insist on making you buy a 1/4" - to - 1/8" plug converter, or put a fat shoulder on their 1/8" plug (even after you pay extra for it) (I'm looking at YOU, Grado and Sennheiser!!).

That alone would turn me into a Beats fan if I weren't already one.

What advantages do the Solo2s have over the Studio 2013s?  I'm very pleased with my Studios (and my Pros, and my HeartBeats), but I am grasping for justification to buy more Beats!!

Jun 2, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #72 of 112
Perhaps Beats Studios should be bought by the "brace," i.e, the entire "drenched with color" set, which near as I can tell has:

1. Gray (yours, cb...)
  2. White
  3. Red
  4. Black
  5. Blue
  6. Pink (don't snicker, you former Marines out there... they are Great for October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month!)

So buy the "brace" for a cool $1,000, in a sense buy 5 and get the sixth one free!

Then choose the one you want for each day of the week, and go Naked on Sunday (since there are only 6 colors).

Jun 2, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #73 of 112
DANG!  I agree with the "ability to audition!"  I get just as impatient with "Audio File" headphones that either ask you to drive to the next state, or buy on faith and return (sometimes)!

That alone would turn me into a Beats fan if I weren't already one.

What advantages do the Solo2s have over the Studio 2013s?  I'm very pleased with my Studios (and my Pros, and my HeartBeats), but I am grasping for justification to buy more Beats!!

Well, the solo2's are way more convenient for a portable set of cans due to their smaller form factor, but have the advantage of no internal battery to power active n/c or amp like the big bro studios do, so they will run as long as your DAP does (iPod, Fiio X3 etc).

Think of Studio 2.0's shrunk down into a more convenient travel size can only without the hassle of needing to recharge it every now and then and with a pretty darn new and improved sound signature that gives its big bro a run for its money - and that's, IMO, the new solo2's.

The new Studio 2.0's are a much sleeker design than its predecessor, but these solo2's make even the new Studio's big and cumbersome.

For me the solo2's are just an ease to pick up put down take with me if going out, no care of battery level, but without compromising sound - I think its versatility is what makes the solo2's so attractive - and of course the fact that beats are really coming up trumps with improving new model release sound signatures as here.

I love em, - mini studios without any battery worries in a small pick up and go form factor, that play any genre of music you throw at it :)

also - have you watched the guy twisting the headband around on the cnet review video a couple of posts up just before the monochromatic video? These are built to last - guy looks like he's trying to wring out a wet towel :D

Jun 2, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #74 of 112

I would've said the pros turned into executives.

I was never impressed with the pros though, UE 6000 sound the same, maybe a little better and they're $70. They're gonna have to come out with something pretty good...

The Mixr's seem to be a more appropriate replacement, marketed as a professional DJ headphone *cough**cough*

But the problem is, it's not a successor to the Pro line like how the Studios and Solos got an upgrade. Besides, the Executives were aimed at "businessmen" who travel by air frequently.

First of all, I'm not trying to offend you in any way.
But I think that is your problem, and no-one is forcing you to read this thread, so why not go to another one, one you like more? I'm quite enjoying this thread.

There's this thing about ads and intrusiveness - they pop up in your face without giving you much choice. I think this thread is interesting enough for Billybob to open up and choose to read of their own free will.

Jun 2, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #75 of 112
Well, the solo2's are way more convenient for a portable set of cans due to their smaller form factor, but have the advantage of no internal battery to power active n/c or amp like the big bro studios do, so they will run as long as your DAP does (iPod, Fiio X3 etc).

Think of Studio 2.0's shrunk down into a more convenient travel size can only without the hassle of needing to recharge it every now and then and with a pretty darn new and improved sound signature that gives its big bro a run for its money - and that's, IMO, the new solo2's.

The new Studio 2.0's are a much sleeker design than its predecessor, but these solo2's make even the new Studio's big and cumbersome.

For me the solo2's are just an ease to pick up put down take with me if going out, no care of battery level, but without compromising sound - I think its versatility is what makes the solo2's so attractive - and of course the fact that beats are really coming up trumps with improving new model release sound signatures as here.

I love em, - mini studios without any battery worries in a small pick up and go form factor, that play any genre of music you throw at it
smily_headphones1.gif

also - have you watched the guy twisting the headband around on the cnet review video a couple of posts up just before the monochromatic video? These are built to last - guy looks like he's trying to wring out a wet towel
biggrin.gif

Great set of advantages!  I have never really needed the active noise cancellation offered by the Beats Studio; 2013, though it is masterfully done!

I am now (reluctantly) taking off the HE-500 headphones I just received today from a purchase from monkeysixtysix on this forum and going to my local Apple store to buy the Beats Studio 2.  As you, I wonder... what color....?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back