Beats
Jun 3, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #106 of 112
I hope you know what that image is supposed to say....unless "bugok" is also in another language (in my native language it means dumb
biggrin.gif
).
Still makes sense tho.

I'm pretty sure it's just the sound that a chicken makes

So you're from the Philippines??

Jun 3, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #107 of 112
I wonder if there's gonna be any end of fiscal year promotions that'll drop the price of the Beats a bit...

Jun 3, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #108 of 112
  I'm pretty sure it's just the sound that a chicken makes

So you're from the Philippines??

I'm really having a giggle here,
We just managed to go from Beats, to chicken sounds.
Good job guys! I'm proud of y'all!
Head-fi never fails to amaze me. Loving it

May 20, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #109 of 112
Wow, almost forgot this thread existed. Brings back memories!

Did anyone know that the speaker drivers inside the Beats Solo2/Wireless (and presumably the Solo3 Wireless, by extension) are Beats branded?

IMG_4694.jpg

Could this be a byproduct of the Apple acquisition?

May 21, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #110 of 112
Wow, almost forgot this thread existed. Brings back memories!

Did anyone know that the speaker drivers inside the Beats Solo2/Wireless (and presumably the Solo3 Wireless, by extension) are Beats branded?

Could this be a byproduct of the Apple acquisition?

Wow, it's been a while.

I kinda agree with the new driver branding. Either that, or that sticker there is just that. Then again, I wouldn't know.

Is it just me though, or are their innards looking a lot better lately? I recall opening up an older Studio model and they didn't look as solidly-made as these.

Last edited:
May 21, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #111 of 112
Wow, it's been a while.

I kinda agree with the new driver branding. Either that, or that sticker there is just that. Then again, I wouldn't know.

Is it just me though, or are their innards looking a lot better lately? I recall opening up an older Studio model and they didn't look as solidly-made as these.
Definitely, the newer design feels more solid and dense and has a properly sealed enclosure unlike the older models, whose articulated hinge behind the earcup was quite leaky and offered little passive noise isolation.

Jun 7, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #112 of 112
I really think that for Beats' target market, they're really good products, and even if the audio itself leaves something to be desired, their general construction (in recent versions) has been fantastic. Their bluetooth implementation is top of the class, especially if you have Apple products although that's no surprise. They sure do push the bass still, but it's all very clean now instead of just being a muddy mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back