Beats Studio or Denon AH-D7000
Dec 17, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #31 of 45

Quote:
Quote:
Dude are you serious?
This is like apples to thermonuclear weapons. The only responses you'll get will be from people who have only posted a couple times.
Any serious headfi'er won't go near this thread.
It's a joke
Denon D7000 is at least 10 million times better than the Beats.
Additionally how much an amp can drive in terms of watts has nothing to do with the overall synergy and performance once paired with the headphones. Think about it. Why do people spend thousands on equipment when they can just go to a garage sale and buy a vintage amp that can drive upwards of 800 watts.

You found a 400 W/channel Mcintosh/Krell/Levinson at what garage sale?!?!?

Okay, I know it was just hyperbole...

I do want to try my various stereo amps' speaker outputs though - I've just got to get a headphone extension cable and then split it for the speaker terminals.

Lol, there's lots and lots and lots of garage sale in California. Any kind of audio equipment turns up.
The point I was trying to make was that there's way too many lurking variables out there to ascertain a proper conclusion. It's not all about if the amp can drive this can or not. So many other considerations.

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #32 of 45
If you can afford the D7000 and want them for at home, they are very nice headphones so go for it unless your not sure they are what your wanting. For me they play every genre of music I like great, I can't get enough of them. As for your amp I think you will be fine. I am using an Auzentech forte 7.1 card with mine, or a small desktop amp, or a portable Rocoon amp I have. All my amps drive the D7000 well and there is a noticeable improvement over just using my iPhone.
if my stuff was an equantion it would look like this:
RWAudio Amp1 > Rocoon=Auzentech >>> iPhone

As can be seen I notice differences as I climb the ladder of amperage but once past the larger leap in quality going from my iPhone the improvements are smaller.

Dec 18, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #33 of 45

Quote:
Thats just an equation i want opinions, facts thoughts comparisons.

I know it's unlikely somebody with expeirence with the Denons will have even gone near the beats but still.

An accurate approximation would be nice.

Hows this, the D7000s are wonderful audiophile headphones and deserving to be called one of the very best closed headphones (with subwoofer like bass) I've ever heard or owned. The Beats are total CRAP in every way.

Dec 18, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #36 of 45
Dec 18, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #37 of 45

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
wow... never imagined that a Beats vs. D7000 thread would get to 3 pages... Thought this would be settled by 2nd post...

Me too...not sure why?

These days..

Sadly true.
confused.gif

Dec 18, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #38 of 45
I think this thread is where it's at because of one word... boredom LOL

Dec 18, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #40 of 45
You might want to check out the Ultrasones pro 900. They aren`t less refined, as one person claimed, they are just different and can be found for a lot less than the Denon D7000s. At this level of audio engineering, it`s more about preference than anything else. To be honest, if you`re coming from Beats, any audiophile headphone for around 500 dollars will blow you away, I guess choose based on portability and looks :wink:

Dec 19, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #41 of 45

Quote:
. To be honest, if you`re coming from Beats, any audiophile headphone for around 500 dollars will blow you away, I guess choose based on portability and looks :wink:

Yes, and at just over $100, get the M50's.

Ok, would someone please get the lights on the way out? Thanks. 
wink_face.gif

Dec 19, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #42 of 45

choose based on portability and looks

then i would go ATH- ESW9

but it is hard to get a real one. lol

I think even the D1100 is a good choice too

if you can pay more.. the A100.. GREAT LOOK headphones

Dec 22, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #43 of 45
Nope I'm set on the D7000's the wood looks lovely and use of magnesium will give them a really strong durable build quality.

And to the people saying why wasn't this thread settled by post 2.

It's because I asked what the sort of jump to the Denons would be an how they fair with my genre of music.

Dec 22, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #44 of 45

Quote:
Nope I'm set on the D7000's the wood looks lovely and use of magnesium will give them a really strong durable build quality.

And to the people saying why wasn't this thread settled by post 2.

It's because I asked what the sort of jump to the Denons would be an how they fair with my genre of music.

Good Choice!!!
D7000 is a really beautiful headphones!!! the finishing on the wood is so good!!
After selling mine, i really felt  that part of my heart is gone with it.!!!!!

Dec 22, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #45 of 45
Glad you got the information you needed to make an informed decision...
The D7k is a great HP. One of the best out there.

Congrats on your choice and let us know how you like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back