Beats Studio or Denon AH-D7000
Dec 16, 2010 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

Wingzero

New Head-Fier
I currently have the Beats studio but have been looking at the denon AH-D7000's.

I know the Denons have recieved greater reviews but what kind of difference am I going to be hearing in the music?

I listen mostly to electronica think Deadmau5 and you'll be on the right track,

Dec 16, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #3 of 45
I like them they're a bit bass heavy infact it seams to protrude and mud the highs a little bit. However the design, and noise cancellation are good.

Just wanting opinions on the D7000's really and what kind of benefit I would gain if any.

Dec 16, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #5 of 45

Quote:
I currently have the Beats studio but have been looking at the denon AH-D7000's.

I know the Denons have recieved greater reviews but what kind of difference am I going to be hearing in the music?

I listen mostly to electronica think Deadmau5 and you'll be on the right track,

Save you're self some money and buy Denon D1100's or Shure SRH750DJ's you won't be able to drive or apprecieate a D7000,  when you've got a good amp and a good DAC and experience with headphones the D7000 would be a good choice but because you lack all of those things you won't get your monies worth.

Dec 16, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #6 of 45
Errm I never stated what amp I had.

I have a Zero 09' 24bit/192Khz DAC/Headphone AMP which can drive upto 600ohms i'm lead to believe.

WIth the Denons being 25ohms should be able to drive no problem.

So would the Denons with the AMP give a noticeable difference from the Beats Studios with the AMP ?

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #9 of 45
Thats just an equation i want opinions, facts thoughts comparisons.

I know it's unlikely somebody with expeirence with the Denons will have even gone near the beats but still.

An accurate approximation would be nice.

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #10 of 45
Good choice in music but get rid of those beats get some SRH750dj's.

Dec 16, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #12 of 45
The Beats sounded over EQ to me.  The Denon D7000 is miles ahead of the Beats in everything.  But if you are not using an amp, you should get the D2000 or D1100.

Dec 16, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #13 of 45
To the OP
I listen to that kind of music that you do and honestly, the XB500 would be awesome. Yes I know they are not Denons or Shures, but they do give a good amount of bass and sound really well EQ. Also...you don't need an AMP.

As far as the Beats go, I went to Best Buy yesterday and for laughs I tried out the BEATS PRO (the $400 metal ones). IMHO, if they didn't cost a small fortune, I would buy a pair. The bass is pretty good and above all I like the build-quality of the brushed aluminum/metal joints compared to the Shure 750dj

Dec 16, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #14 of 45
A good friend of mine has the Sony XB500. They are lacking quite a bit in the highs, IMO the beats studios produce quite a significantly better upper range.

Using deadmau5 as an example, most of his songs aren't actually totally base dependant such as strobe, some chords and faxing berlin.

These songs include quite a lot of high notes and chords thus my need and want for a headphone with fantastic highs whilst also producing good bass.

From what I've read the Denon AH-D7000 are such headphones.

Would just like to hear a few thoughts from any D7000 owners on here.

Dec 16, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #15 of 45
I have tried my friend' beat several months ago,
MyImpression was , I rather keep my creative CAL, which was rebrand denon d1001.
I used to have a D7000(sold it forum the LCD2)
It is just a much better headphones the the beat all round,
ItUsed to best my favour, before I getting the T1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back