Beats pro for 80$ or audio technica ath-m50 for 120$?
Sep 12, 2012 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sang3r

New Head-Fier
I'm well aware that the sound quality on the m50's are superior. However, is the 200$ pricetag really the deterrent from people buying beats? Is the sound quality really so much better that it would be worth me spending an extra 40$ to pick up the m50s? I can grab the beats through my job for super cheap, kind of torn between the two though. I would never even consider buying the beats at retail price, it is ONLY the 80$ price tag that's making me think about it.

edit- I meant solo HD's not a clue why I wrote beats pro.

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #3 of 7
I have not tried the M50's, but I wouldn't pass on the Pros at 80$. The build quality alone is worth it. It probably won't be hard to find someone who has tried both.

Edit: I read your edit, nevermind. No, I don't think the Solos HD are worth 80$.

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #4 of 7
The solo HD are basically just a small fragile, worse "soundstaged" version of the Sony XB500s, the ATH m50 sounds much better, and feel really nice, the solos (apart from the mixrs, and sl150s) are the most uncomfortable headphones.

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #5 of 7
I got both.

Yes, as you stated the M50 has better SQ.
The Beat Pro has better construcction.

Is the M50 worth extra 40?  yes, no contest.

The SQ on the M50 is much better,  if you want a Headphone with good build construction and the very best sound for the money, go for the M50.

If you want bass,  mediocre mids and highs, and a headphone that you will barely use more than a hour (i cant use mine over an hour, its to heavy, its all that aluminiun stuff that makes the big and heavy) then go with the Pro's

EDIT:   sorry, didnt read that you where asking for the HD,  Pros sounds better......
No way man, forget those things, i would play 50 bucks for them new,  The M50 is on another tier and SQ level.  Buy the M50 and you will not regret ir.. for sure.

HD =  Toyota Echo with 20 inchs rims and all the blingbling for $35k,  will you buy it? dont thinks so.

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #6 of 7
Buy solo hd and then sell it on ebay for $120:)
Then better buy audio technica ckm500 for $58 from ebay. Ckm500 is even better than ath-m50 despite being iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back