Beats got owned by Beyers.
Mar 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #19 of 39
I actually heard a friend of mine at school say this: "Beats are overpriced as crap." Faith in humanity restored.

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #21 of 39
For future reference, you should not play any of your headphones that loud. Is that, by any chance, how you came to spend $4000 and end up with a DT770 + Fiio E11 setup?

I like the set up for more on the go. I am quite broke at the moment and have to let it do. I tend to give away older headphones to friends or family, leaving me with only a few pairs for myself. The DT 770 is probably my favorite right now though. It just has everything i want in the sound of a headphone. Its nice.

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #22 of 39
$4000....hahaha.  When I was a teen, I couldn't even save $400.
I don't like either headphone. ;/

Mar 21, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #23 of 39
$400 would have bought me a pair of AKG K1000s when I was a teenager. If only I'd had the sense to get a job and get a pair at the time.

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #25 of 39
Mar 21, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #26 of 39
$400 would have bought me a pair of AKG K1000s when I was a teenager. If only I'd had the sense to get a job and get a pair at the time.
Time to build a time machine! :D

Mar 25, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #28 of 39
Quote:
Here we have the common american troll (virginus brosaurus) attempting to gain social status amongst a new tribe, the headfons. He chooses to win his new comrades over by demonstrating his knowledge and experience on a matter relevant to the tribes interests. However, he is lacking in knowledge on the subject and is instead forced to draw off knowledge passed down generation to generation by his native tribe, the yomamasofattas. While the headfon tribe is amused by the trolls attempts, they quickly see through his ruse

Agreed. Got a great laugh from this. Thank you!
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #29 of 39
Quote:
Quote:

Sense is the last thing that comes to mind when I think of the K1000's.

Considering they would have been a poor match with the pop music I liked at the time, you're probably right.

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #30 of 39
Alright. First off, I highly doubt your friend's Beats Pros "blew" as you say, unless they too were running off an amp. I assume they were played out of an iPod. Considering an iPod won't output nearly enough power to blow any pair of headphones, even ones as efficient as the Beats Pros, I highly doubt they were blown. In addition, since when did more volume=better sound? This type of stuff might impress kids at school, but one headphone playing louder than another does not constitute "owning" the other pair. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back