Beats got owned by Beyers.
Mar 20, 2013 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

Xiaonyx

New Head-Fier
Its funny, because im such an audio addict at such a young age. Spent a good $4,000 on just headphones themself. Any time somebody in my highschool wants headphone oppinions, they go to me.
But i recently had a conversation with some fellow schoolmates about headphones. Everybody thinks our table in the morning is so awesome because everyone was either wearing Beats or Souls around there neck. Talking about "how amazing they are". One chick claimed she knew a lot about headphones. So im like. "Alright, whats the best kind of headphones in the world" (obviously it varies, but i wanted to see if her choice was actually legit).
You know what she said? This hurt me since im quite an audiophile, (not really a pro though). Shes like, "those Beats by Dre, they are the best ever created, and everyone knows that". She was completely serious too. I was just shaking my head like, wow. I was wearing my HD 439's around my neck at the time. Everyone thinking they sucked because of how they looked compared to their Souls. I then started to laugh at her thought, and as everyone agreed with her, i then pulled out my Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro's.
"What is that? A brick that goes on the head?" Somebody said. Somebody noticed the fiio e11 i had hooked onto my iPod. They thought it was stupid to carry that around in order to listen to a pair of headphones.
They all think the bassiest, and loudest headphones are the best. So im like.. "Alright, blast your Beats Pros".. He blasted them, and boy where they loud. I then unleashed my beyers. They overpowered the sound of the beats, atleast 5x louder. Everyone was in shock. The bass shook the table, and with everyone looking so shocked. My friends Beats blew out and stopped playing correctly. While the beyers where fine, sounded a billion times better, and much louder and punchier but not bloated bass. My friends tried them on. They were greatly impressed.
But this was only ten people who now know Beats arent what they seem like.
All these people in the school and all over still think Beats are the best. If only they could hear these beyers.

Mar 20, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #2 of 39
Quote:
Its funny, because im such an audio addict at such a young age. Spent a good $4,000 on just headphones themself. Any time somebody in my highschool wants headphone oppinions, they go to me.
But i recently had a conversation with some fellow schoolmates about headphones. Everybody thinks our table in the morning is so awesome because everyone was either wearing Beats or Souls around there neck. Talking about "how amazing they are". One chick claimed she knew a lot about headphones. So im like. "Alright, whats the best kind of headphones in the world" (obviously it varies, but i wanted to see if her choice was actually legit).
You know what she said? This hurt me since im quite an audiophile, (not really a pro though). Shes like, "those Beats by Dre, they are the best ever created, and everyone knows that". She was completely serious too. I was just shaking my head like, wow. I was wearing my HD 439's around my neck at the time. Everyone thinking they sucked because of how they looked compared to their Souls. I then started to laugh at her thought, and as everyone agreed with her, i then pulled out my Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro's.
"What is that? A brick that goes on the head?" Somebody said. Somebody noticed the fiio e11 i had hooked onto my iPod. They thought it was stupid to carry that around in order to listen to a pair of headphones.
They all think the bassiest, and loudest headphones are the best. So im like.. "Alright, blast your Beats Pros".. He blasted them, and boy where they loud. I then unleashed my beyers. They overpowered the sound of the beats, atleast 5x louder. Everyone was in shock. The bass shook the table, and with everyone looking so shocked. My friends Beats blew out and stopped playing correctly. While the beyers where fine, sounded a billion times better, and much louder and punchier but not bloated bass. My friends tried them on. They were greatly impressed.
But this was only ten people who now know Beats arent what they seem like.
All these people in the school and all over still think Beats are the best. If only they could hear these beyers.

Why did you blast them? Risking the drivers like that? Also, just to note, I'm a very young audiophile too
size]

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #5 of 39
Quote:
The one redeeming feature of this story is that a pair of Beats got destroyed.

Journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #6 of 39
Im 14 and everyone at my school thinks beats are way better. Someone thought there Sony MDR-ZX100's were better then my Sennheiser HD598's ... pretty sad that looks are more important than sound. But what can ya do?

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #8 of 39
The loudness part was largely becouse of the amp, lol. But the fact that the beats stopped working correctly is hilarious. i can just imagine a similar person at my school crying over that. Now, time to tell them that the beyers were 1/2 the price...

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #10 of 39
Here we have the common american troll (virginus brosaurus) attempting to gain social status amongst a new tribe, the headfons. He chooses to win his new comrades over by demonstrating his knowledge and experience on a matter relevant to the tribes interests. However, he is lacking in knowledge on the subject and is instead forced to draw off knowledge passed down generation to generation by his native tribe, the yomamasofattas. While the headfon tribe is amused by the trolls attempts, they quickly see through his ruse

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #11 of 39
Here we have the common american troll (virginus brosaurus) attempting to gain social status amongst a new tribe, the headfons. He chooses to win his new comrades over by demonstrating his knowledge and experience on a matter relevant to the tribes interests. However, he is lacking in knowledge on the subject and is instead forced to draw off knowledge passed down generation to generation by his native tribe, the yomamasofattas. While the headfon tribe is amused by the trolls attempts, they quickly see through his ruse

Who is a troll?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back