Beats by Dre
Feb 10, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #152 of 180
I have bought the fake ones to try them against the real ones and NO the don't sound as good as the real. They are lacking any real bass, they were quieter in general, and lots of things are out of spec(like the cord was shorter)  One thing that was better was the cushions were thicker and softer, I think they are the ones used in the demos at Best Buy.

Apr 23, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #154 of 180
I'm so sorry for bringing back a topic that is dead and should probably stay dead, but i constantly argue with my friends about how Beats are not "Among the greatest headphones ever created". That is literally what they say. One kid has over 4 pairs! 

Anytime I suggest that they are just a marketing scam, I am bombarded with with remarks like "They have AMAZING bass!" and "Everyone profesional uses them". I know that it isn't true, but how can I argue with them?

Again, I apologize for bumping this, but im really stuck on how to convince them.

Apr 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #155 of 180

Quote:
[...], I am bombarded with with remarks like "They have AMAZING bass!" and "Everyone profesional uses them". I know that it isn't true, but how can I argue with them?
[...]

First thing you mention is their personal listening experience. Second on isn't true for sure, but that's how marketing works.
If they like the sound signature of the Beats let them listen to it. It's not your problem, in my opinion.
You can be sure that your friends are very happy while listening to music with their Beats. If I should bet, I'd say more happy than most head-fiers while listening music by their equipment. Crazy, isn't it?
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #156 of 180

Quote:
I'm so sorry for bringing back a topic that is dead and should probably stay dead, but i constantly argue with my friends about how Beats are not "Among the greatest headphones ever created". That is literally what they say. One kid has over 4 pairs! 

Anytime I suggest that they are just a marketing scam, I am bombarded with with remarks like "They have AMAZING bass!" and "Everyone profesional uses them". I know that it isn't true, but how can I argue with them?

Again, I apologize for bumping this, but im really stuck on how to convince them.

I am in the same boat as you, I was thinking of trying too show them the specs of them, like the freq range is only (20-20000) the same as the standard Ipod ear buds and try letting them listen too a pair of  bass heavy headphones that kick the crap out of beats (not the xb line the earpads might be a turn off) like the ultrasone hifi580 or pro 900 (b&h has them for $329) and denon d2000(j&r has them for $215), Im not big on bass heavy headphones so you might want ask around head fi about that. and also show them something like the tldtoday review of the mixrs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWjsxgh3loo).

Apr 23, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #157 of 180
Actually, you might want to try the V-moda M80's, find a place where you can demo them. I usually suggest Ultrasones, but the V-moda's I just heard I feel are a better fit for a Beat user.

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #158 of 180
I think Beats don't look too bad, but their performance falls short IMO. What bugs me, is not even so much people wearing them for a fashion accessory, but the people who think they have the best headphones on earth. My friends got a pair of these, and you'd think she has like the best headphones the way she talks.

Apr 24, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #159 of 180
Who on earth will mix using Beats, are you kidding!?
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #161 of 180
Beats are the perfect example of unethical design and it makes me sick. Design isn't just how something looks, but rather how it works (as eloquently stated by Steve Jobs). Beats use pretty cases to conceal their poorly designed audio components to drive up the price and help convince people it's high end.

May 30, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #162 of 180
Quote:

You could always show them the pic of Dre using the M50's.. or blindly recommend them to audition the DT770 or D2000; beats owners will be speechless.

Quote:
Who on earth will mix using Beats, are you kidding!?
biggrin.gif

I know someone who DJ's with the studios.. As much as I want to be constructive about it, I feel its like throwing salt in a wound.

May 30, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #163 of 180
The Beats are just all around bad headphones. I have used a couple of my friends Solos, Studios, and Pros, and none of them are even close to being worth the price. Way to Bass Heavy.

My old m50 sounded much better then the Pros, which is sad, since they're like half the price? I'd hate to see how some of your guys $300.00 - $400.00 headphones do against the Pros. :p

May 30, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #165 of 180
Quote:

And that's the reason they are kids!!!
Honestly, I don't even care about people who say how good Beats are. They are just so ignorant that I don't even want to enlighten them on audio anymore. But well yeah, FR graph is no better than draft paper to them, and I'm fine with it 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back