Beats by Dre
Jan 2, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #136 of 180
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/designer-s-fashion-folding-stereo-headphone-earphone-black-2-x-aaa-80733

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA. I might buy these and ortho mod them.

Jan 2, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #137 of 180

Quote:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/designer-s-fashion-folding-stereo-headphone-earphone-red-3-5mm-jack-114cm-cable-102872

HA HAAAAAA HA HA HA HA

looking at the revewis...i would say TEHSE probably sound the same as the Real solo's :)

I got an idea!!!!

Someone who has the solo's should get these..and compare the sound...do you know how funny it would be if the sound was teh same!!?!!

Jan 2, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #138 of 180
Every time I go to my high school, I see fellow classmates prying hard earned money from their parents, buying overpriced, below-mediocre headphones, just because they are "by Dr.Dre", and I tried my best to warn them. But it's contagious, where everybody tries to get their hands on one, but I still chuckle at the expressions on their face when I bring in my HM5's.
2338_1305433241823.png

Jan 2, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #139 of 180
You should take a poll at your school, and list those two quotes as an option for an opinion on Beats. Don't correct the spelling either, just see if anyone notices the error. Make the other options "I don't care, iBuds are fine" and "Beats are terrible. Get some AKGs(or insert hi-fi brand here)."
I'll bet most of them won't notice the error.

I just put this poll up on a website! check it out! http://www.ask500people.com/questions/what-do-you-think-of-beats-by-drdre-headphones I am really curious to see the results >:D

Jan 2, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #140 of 180

Quote:
i would buy them just to have friends compare them to better cans... however they are overpriced and cheaply made. 

the plastic is cheap as hell and they are easily broken (the exception is the Beats Pro which are built like a tank)...

the sound quality on all of them is mediocre at best (regular beats are easily outperformed by $80 dollar grados). muddy bloaty bass which isn't even all that good, recessed mids, virtually no highs... the beats pro sound a tad bit better (compare to hd 650s sound signature but extremely recessed mids, and an overall dryer and muddier sound as well as being less dynamic.)  but definitely are not worth the $400 dollar price tag as any audiophile can over 250 will cream them even if you amp the beats and play the audiophile can on an ipod.

finally, they aren't the most comfortable cans, they are mostly a fashion accessory like skull candy and are expensive because of the dr. dre label/style

people only buy them because they are uninformed of higher end products which best buy and other major retailers don't carry.

To be fair your comparing Grado which are open headphones to a closed headphone, but your point is still valid. 

Jan 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #141 of 180
I honestly don't mind if people were them, it's their money and their decision. Just leave me and my headphones alone, no need to make fun of me cuz I don't have Beats... Gotta love mature high schoolers!

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #143 of 180

Quote:
+1
The turbine series is awesome as hell.

yes!!! 

used them extensively when i worked last outage at the plant. the golds have insane bass and are never harsh or muddy.

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #146 of 180
I agree with the Turbine owners above. Bought mine about a year ago and couldn't be happier. Most beats owners are not audiophiles and I don't consider myself one but I know that if people heard some of the more "fun" sounding headphones out there the beats would never sound the same to them. I've heard most of the beats line including the IEMs and i can say none of them put a smile on my face like my turbines do and they are really affordable with amazons pricing

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #147 of 180
Well there is light at the end of the tunnel now that beats and monster are parting ways. We might actually see people buying other things when their beats inevitably break.... or one can just be hopeful. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back