Beats by Dre
Sep 12, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #76 of 180

Quote:
Another brilliant idea for after I'm done transplanting the drivers in...Since they have room for batteries...Why not put some lights in them? Make them glow blue or something.

I was actually thinking of trying to fit the drivers of decent headphones into the Beats Studio or Pro so I could keep their only selling point, but I'm a 13 year old n00b, so I would have no idea how to do that.

Sep 12, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #77 of 180
You could always look at these threads as an excuse to pick up a few posts
wink.gif

But in the grand scheme of things Beats equal a meh response at best out of me.

Sep 12, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #78 of 180

Quote:
The only beats that actually look good are the pros. The solos are especially ugly, not to meantion some of the most uncomfortable things I have ever had the displeasure of putting on my head, and honestly, the bass wasn't anything to write home about. I have come to the conclusion that the beats only look good to those who are currently wearing them, everyone else I've talked to say that they just make you look like an ostentatious wanker.

+1

And I'm coming from wearing my HD-25 ii's in school, which IMO, are pretty ugly already (though some people think otherwise).

Sep 12, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #79 of 180
I have listened to  Dr Dre for quite a few years.  I have read quite a few things on him over the years and his vinyl collection takes up his entire basement and the pictures are crazy of his collection.  He works in studios as well as the turntables, so his time spent listening on headphones surely trumps many on this planet.

With all this in mind, he puts out this garbage with his name on it.  These are $75 headsets at best and should be on sale for 59.99 at best buy.  The bass that they are known for is just terribly tuned and it's just the sound of bass and not the sound of the note of bass.

I lost some respect for Dr Dre, thankfully large piles of cash to put his name on it helps deal with that loss of respect.

Sep 12, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #83 of 180

Quote:
It makes get what I like to call "That Dre Feeling" which is when I walk behind someone wearing them, I feel the need to punch them in the back of the head.

I don't feel aggressive when I see someone wearing the "Beats."  Instead, I think to myself that the headphones are probably made from recycled plastic toilet seats which gives me a little chuckle for the day.  
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #84 of 180
Something like this was what I had in mind...Grado Sr60 drivers and some LED lights should be pretty attractive. For DJing, I might opt for HDJ500 drivers (because I'm cheap).
Feel free to come up with some names for the headphones.

Sep 13, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #86 of 180
Meh i could care less. As long as they don't criticize me for my headphones i truly don't care. Heck it's their money, if they choose to spend it on things without research it's their loss.

Sep 13, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #87 of 180

Quote:

Unfortunately, the goal of sculptures and paintings are to express the creator and please others' eyes. A watch is used to tell the freakin' time. Headphones are generally used for listening to audio, and if the audio sucks, then the headphones generally suck. Oh yeah, I guess the fragile plastic you can easily break in half is aesthetically pleasing, but, once again, that is not the main goal of headphones in general.

You just proved my point, "a watch is used to tell the freakin' time"

I love my watch, it's good some nice methods of display time(standard, binary, ...). Yet at telling time it's frankly quite bad(almost a second off each day, that adds up). And despite that it still cost quite a bit of money for a watch. To me who knows nothing about watches accurate time just isn't the most important thing about a watch for me, and we the same goes for non-audiophiles who buy beats, for them some things are more important than audio.

Sep 13, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #88 of 180

Quote:
"I mean there's a lot to love if you forget about audio for a second." hahahahahahahahaha

You come here to audiophile forums, where people thrive on placebos and buy premium products beyond the point where the diminishing returns are still noticeable. You insult our way of life, request the shutdown of some of our favorite companies(hell I love cardas even though they make nothing useful). You quote me 3 times on the same phrase thinking you are funny in catching me say something that you think is stupid only to get some attention. Little did you know I did that to provoke exactly that reaction, a success I see.You assert that beats owners have lower average IQ, an insult arrogant as it is incorrect. And the funny thing is, this here is THE place where you will find lot's of people who spend tons of money for no apparent improvement. This is madness you say?

This IS HEAD-FI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 13, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #90 of 180

Quote:

But lets face it as with most monster products at the end of the day they are well marketed but massively overpriced and inferior to other brands costing the same or less money.

THANK YOU! My point exactly, except I'm the isolated minority of my high school audio community actually thinking right!

Quote:
I wouldn't expect kids these days to have a clue. They get dumped in school where they learn BS all day, most of which has no practical value and is soon forgotten, then get fed marketing the rest of the time while their parents slave away to get money to pay for what amounts to nothing.

Sorry, did you say something about headphones? 
wink_face.gif

I can't help but agree...Id like say I don't BS school, but I do. Ohh well back to studying...
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back