Beats by Dre Impressions and discussion Thread
May 31, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #46 of 68

i am not talking audio-wise , this is the least of the problematic side of my point

i am simply stating a true fact - that most people in the planet are dumb/blind/ sheep which never see outside their 'illusion' and occupy their minds with hollow/stupid thoughts

your humor isn't bad , but still you didn't contribute anything worthwhile to my initial thoughts but it's ok

have a nice day , and take care

cheers
biggrin.gif

So true.  Here is some Rage to paint a picture -

"No escape from the mass mind rape
Play it again jack and then rewind the tape
And then play it again and again and again
Until ya mind is locked in
Believin' all the lies that they're tellin' ya
Buyin' all the products that they're sellin' ya
They say jump and ya say how high
Ya brain-dead
Ya gotta ******* bullet in ya head."

May 31, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #48 of 68
  Hi, if Beats become our sponsor, does that mean we have to start liking them?  

You don't have to like them - but you will be talked to if you say anything bad about them.
biggrin.gif

May 31, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #49 of 68
  Hi, if Beats become our sponsor, does that mean we have to start liking them?  

Is there ANY chance that Beats would become our sponsor?  Any rumor?  Just curious!

I can see how their sponsorship could help us... I am not sure why they would view a sponsorship as helping them.

May 31, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #50 of 68
I love how this thread is 1.5 years old and only 4 pages long.  

Okay okay, something of merit - wonder how Beats will change w/ the Apple acquisition.

May 31, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #51 of 68
What's also intersting is Beats have 50% market share, a giant, yet the appreciation thread here is only 4 pages.  I can understand why as it doesn't have the signature we look for in headphones.  I wonder what percentage of headphone market total members of this forum would be?

I'm also wondering how we get sponsorships?  Does Jude seek them out?

We shell see what Apple does with the Beats brand.  It kinda puts me off that Apple aquired Beats, it kinda lowers the image I had of Apple as I think of Beats as ghetto bass phones.  Steve probably shaking his head in his grave right now.

May 31, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #52 of 68
  I love how this thread is 1.5 years old and only 4 pages long.  

Okay okay, something of merit - wonder how Beats will change w/ the Apple acquisition.

Crazier still, this thread was dormant for a whole year, up to one month ago when I revived it with a post about my experience with Beats on the prior page.

Bet it keeps going now, with Apple and with the changes Beats has made in their headphones over the past year (e.g., new Studio 2013s replacing the original ones).

Jun 1, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #53 of 68
Beat owns more than 50% of the over $100 market. For the overall market, it owns about 22%. The over $100 is the fastest growing market. For business analysis purpose, it is considered a life style product much like Apple. Research showed much of the "audiophile" market acceptance of Beats is very low. Thus, I believe why the post count is low.

The interesting part of the over $100 market is that it is the only market, the product price continued to increase as compared to other consumer electronic product continued to decrease. My speculation is in this market, consumer hold the belief high price equate higher quality. The even more interesting part is there are only 3 to 4 factories that design and manufacture 90% of the headphones. The Beats factory could also be the Sennheiser factory. Unfortunately, the origin of these phones are very difficult to track.

Jun 16, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #54 of 68
  Beat owns more than 50% of the over $100 market. For the overall market, it owns about 22%. The over $100 is the fastest growing market. For business analysis purpose, it is considered a life style product much like Apple. Research showed much of the "audiophile" market acceptance of Beats is very low. Thus, I believe why the post count is low.

The interesting part of the over $100 market is that it is the only market, the product price continued to increase as compared to other consumer electronic product continued to decrease. My speculation is in this market, consumer hold the belief high price equate higher quality. The even more interesting part is there are only 3 to 4 factories that design and manufacture 90% of the headphones. The Beats factory could also be the Sennheiser factory. Unfortunately, the origin of these phones are very difficult to track.

Yep...a lot of headphones are moving production to less expensive labor areas.  My Q701s are not made in Austria (but China) like they used to be.

Not that this site is the end-all, be-all (public maintained?...listed the Q701s as Austria*).  Thought it was interesting to see though. The page listed has some of Senn's country of origin information.   http://www.productfrom.com/company/81/143/0,0,0/1/

Jun 16, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #55 of 68
It is not only the manufacturing. It is laso the design . My understanding is the customer will provide the specification, the design of the appearance, target cost and accoustic engineering. The manufacturer will design and make several prototypes for customer approval. So Beats is actually "designed" by Dr. Dre, but the inner work is designed by the headphone engineer. The same engineer could also be working on other phones. So when we are listening to a headphone, we're not listening to the engineering skill but more the taste of the acoustic designer. I was told one story. One of the customers taste leaned towards female vocal. So the resulting headphone has beautiful mid range but little bass. Most of today's modern headphone have a V-shape characteristic. It is not because technology is trending that way but it reflect what the masses taste is trending towards.

So if you like rap music then Beats might be the thing. With that in mind, people should not be bashing Beats simply because you have a different preference.

Jun 21, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #56 of 68
Full blown beats fanboy here with lots of cheer dre the cans that changed the world :D

My latest procurement. Beats Studio 2.0 Brasil World Cup 2014 Ltd Edition

It is not only the manufacturing. It is laso the design . My understanding is the customer will provide the specification, the design of the appearance, target cost and accoustic engineering. The manufacturer will design and make several prototypes for customer approval. So Beats is actually "designed" by Dr. Dre, but the inner work is designed by the headphone engineer. The same engineer could also be working on other phones. So when we are listening to a headphone, we're not listening to the engineering skill but more the taste of the acoustic designer. I was told one story. One of the customers taste leaned towards female vocal. So the resulting headphone has beautiful mid range but little bass. Most of today's modern headphone have a V-shape characteristic. It is not because technology is trending that way but it reflect what the masses taste is trending towards.

So if you like rap music then Beats might be the thing. With that in mind, people should not be bashing Beats simply because you have a different preference.

Yeah, beats have been rolling back the amount of bass within their sound signature recently to open up their cans to a wider audience with a more "neutral" sound yet still retaining enough at the bottom end to keep the beats core collective happy - and I think they've achieved this very well with the new solo2 cans with design cues direct from the Studio 2.0's - basically the solo2 is a mini Studio 2 without the ANC, which for many is a plus rather than a negative as this means you aren't reliant on internal battery life.

Jun 21, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #57 of 68
i am not talking audio-wise , this is the least of the problematic side of my point

i am simply stating a true fact - that most people in the planet are dumb/blind/ sheep which never see outside their 'illusion' and occupy their minds with hollow/stupid thoughts

your humor isn't bad , but still you didn't contribute anything worthwhile to my initial thoughts but it's ok

have a nice day , and take care

cheers :D  

Well I'm glad we got that sorted out amicably despite your cheeky sarcasm sign off - luckily I'm impervious to such as I had my flame shield turned - ON :wink:

Man, I'm sick of pimping the below video, but I'm gonna make a compassionate exception here as it may contribute something to your initial thoughts, or not, at the very least you may just find it entertaining or not - lots of choices here :)

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/FMcyEz13t1Q[/VIDEO]​

Jun 21, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #58 of 68
The people who say beats sound good are using counterfeits. Beats have the unique dishonor of sounding better when counterfeit than when authentic. I agree with the above suggestion to use sony's bassy headphones instead of beats, they sound about a million times better than beats at a fraction of the cost. Also, the fact that the two brands often sit a few feet away from each other in retail stores yet people still use beats and retailers still carry beats casts serious doubt on the sentient status of humans.

Jun 21, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #59 of 68
The people who say beats sound good are using counterfeits. Beats have the unique dishonor of sounding better when counterfeit than when authentic. I agree with the above suggestion to use sony's bassy headphones instead of beats, they sound about a million times better than beats at a fraction of the cost. Also, the fact that the two brands often sit a few feet away from each other in retail stores yet people still use beats and retailers still carry beats casts serious doubt on the sentient status of humans.

HaHa - man I like the cut of your jib - you're hilarious :D

I've seen repressed beats envy before, you ain't that :wink:

The below photo is for you dude, interpret as you wish :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back