Beats by Dre Impressions and discussion Thread
Jun 21, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #61 of 68
Not Trolling Being Completely Serious:

Headphones I own and used to own: Philips she3580, Apple earpods, old Apple earphones, Beats Studio 1.0, Beats Mixr, Beats Studio 2.0

I greatly prefer the old Studio to all the headphones I listed because the bass is just so awesome to me. Every time I put them on it just amazes me how much bass they have. Even though the Studio 2.0 and Mixr are said to be better because they toned down the bass, that's the precise reason why I don't like them. Any person I've talked to completely agrees with me and think it's crazy how anyone could hate the Studio 1.0.

Jun 21, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #63 of 68
Not Trolling Being Completely Serious:

Headphones I own and used to own: Philips she3580, Apple earpods, old Apple earphones, Beats Studio 1.0, Beats Mixr, Beats Studio 2.0

I greatly prefer the old Studio to all the headphones I listed because the bass is just so awesome to me. Every time I put them on it just amazes me how much bass they have. Even though the Studio 2.0 and Mixr are said to be better because they toned down the bass, that's the precise reason why I don't like them. Any person I've talked to completely agrees with me and think it's crazy how anyone could hate the Studio 1.0.

I've the old original Studios and the new, but my original pair weren't made by Monster, but by Beats LLC after the split when Monsters contract expired, so I don't know how different they sound to when Monster were manufacturing them, but I love the sound of them both, old and new style.

I do have the beats pro detox cans which were made by Monster and love the bass those bad boys put out - definitely a basshead can for sure.

But yeah, I understand where you're coming from completely and it's refreshing to read a fellow beats owner and head-fier who's got the aptitude to give a genuine positive comment on a can that garners so much absurd negativity - kudos :)

Jun 22, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #64 of 68
What's also intersting is Beats have 50% market share, a giant, yet the appreciation thread here is only 4 pages.  I can understand why as it doesn't have the signature we look for in headphones.  I wonder what percentage of headphone market total members of this forum would be?

I'm also wondering how we get sponsorships?  Does Jude seek them out?

We shell see what Apple does with the Beats brand.  It kinda puts me off that Apple aquired Beats, it kinda lowers the image I had of Apple as I think of Beats as ghetto bass phones.  Steve probably shaking his head in his grave right now.

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/sbE3rqkE17U[/VIDEO]​

Jun 22, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #67 of 68

Now that's just cold (figuratively speaking)  :wink:

Perhaps he is simply rising to the surface of some body of water...

Jun 22, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #68 of 68
Mr Jobs was cremated.

Now that's just cold (figuratively speaking)  :wink:

Perhaps he is simply rising to the surface of some body of water...

Guys - I think Mr. jobs was a beats guy - he was a rebel with a cause....:D (U see what I did there?...James Dean....rebel...?........Fine, I'll get my coat....:xf_eek:)

:)

But I hope Apple don't go with the proprietary connect replacing standard 3.5mm jack - I'd definitely only buy one colour only of their cans that featured that....:D

Though you can expect Apple to have a fanfare key note speech launch event when they do release their first new can under their new beats ownership, with Apples CEO talking of their re-inventing the headphone, yada, yada - just hope they don't drag Dre & Jimmy onstage for total cringe worthiness - be like watching your dad dancing at a wedding party after too many beers, trying to look cool ...facepalm :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back