Beats by Dr. Dre Studio or Sennheiser HD 25 ?
Sep 15, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #16 of 29
http://www.head-fi.org/products/panasonic-rp-htf600-s-step-monitor No reviews yet
frown.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #17 of 29

Quote:
Heya,

Get these. Better value than both. They're better than the Beats and pretty much as good as the M50's (seriously, I have both, I'm not just making it up). Smooth highs, present mids (slightly recessed just like the aforementioned headphones here) and gobs of lovely impactful rich deep bass that can play a controlled tone as low as 40hz and 30hz even (with a tad of warble on the 30hz). They even have a pretty nice sound stage due to angled drivers (mimics S-Logic) and these vents which make it more of a semi-open in terms of it's sound. Don't even look at the price. Just pretend there's another zero behind it. It's actually pretty ruggedly built, is comfortable, pretty big, and looks decent. I bought it on a whim and it turned out to be an absolute gem. I don't get taken away by many headphones, but for this thing's cost, I was pretty much floored. I can't recommend it enough if you want a fun smooth bassy headphone that is inexpensive, but matches and rivals some $150~250 headphones out there (which.. well, I also have).

Get them. If you don't like them, I will buy them from you to give to someone.

Very best,

I see you have the XB500, how's the bass compared to those?

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #18 of 29
Heya,

It's like an XB500 with the mids & highs equalized up a few dB (just like we do with the XB500 to make it more balanced). But is better built, looks better, pretty comfortable, and even cheaper. It makes no sense what so ever. But signature is literally an XB500 with raised mids & highs. The bass is gooy goodness, the mids are warm and full, the highs are smooth and there's enough detail to hear Rostropovich's breath when he breaths while playing Cello. It of course is bossing EDM/Dub around with authority. But I listen to a lot of bassy classical too. This is a seriously good headphone. Try it, it's so inexpensive, but it will absolutely shock you. I'm floored by it.

Very best,

Sep 15, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #19 of 29
Now you're even making me intrigued as well, as I love the sound of XB500 with boosted mids and highs. :p I'm also a fan of semi-open designs with small openings because from my experience it helps with both bass response but especially soundstage compared to fully closed, much more airy sounding. I've also been thinking of picking up PRO700MK2 but the negative feedback about comfort has held me back quite a bit.

Sep 15, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #20 of 29
Sep 15, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #21 of 29
These costs around 60 EUR here, XB500 for example costs like 40 EUR... hmmm why do they cost only $30 on amazon.com.

Sep 15, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #22 of 29

Quote:
Now you're even making me intrigued as well, as I love the sound of XB500 with boosted mids and highs. :p I'm also a fan of semi-open designs with small openings because from my experience it helps with both bass response but especially soundstage compared to fully closed, much more airy sounding. I've also been thinking of picking up PRO700MK2 but the negative feedback about comfort has held me back quite a bit.

Heya,

I actually told someone else that I wanted to get a pair of these into your hands so that I could have a second opinion to see if my conclusion is at all founded or not, as I know you're rather picky with bass and the XB500 being a headphone you're very familiar with. I wanted to send you a pair, but it looks like we're in opposite countries with a big pond between us. And it's too bad they're so expensive over there. They're $29 here, and XB500 is $49 here. But over there it seems opposite by your numbers.

Anyhow, I'm actually very much impressed with the HTF600. I immediately thought of the XB500 with EQ'd mids & highs when I started listening.

A note to others, a full review will be coming very soon. I'm just digesting them a few more days before concluding anything.

Very best,

Sep 15, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #24 of 29
they are the exact same as the sennheiser HD25 1-II, and are generally well liked by head-fiers. You'll find lots of reviews if you search

Sep 15, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #26 of 29
They work for most genres, and bass is definately there if you have a bass boost option on your amp/player

Sep 16, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #29 of 29
It depends what you are looking for in the headphones and if you are going to use an amp. I would not choose the beats they are terrible. There are a lot of better headphones out there for the price too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back