Bay Area Meet (California): February 19th, 2011
Jan 28, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #211 of 527
You should update the OP with raffle information (prize, cost per ticket, proceeds going towards meet expenses, etc) that way folks can plan ahead to bring cash. Hopefully news of a raffle will help sway more to attend. Members should remember to bring cash anyway to help cover costs. I think in past meets it was pretty much mandated to chip in, like a minimum fee. I don't know how excess funds were handled though...

Jan 29, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #212 of 527

Quote:
Set-up (for those with tables and gear) starts at 8am.

I haven't been following this thread for a while, but have you been able to work out any discounted rates for a stay the night before the meet? I would hate to pack and haul my stuff in the early morning - likely I would forgot something critical like a tube or interconnect.

Jan 29, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #213 of 527
Just updated First Post with more details...pictures of the Hotel, Rooms, Parking, and Max's Restaurant included.

Raffle and Audiologist details will continue to be updated.

Dinner at Max's Restaurant has been reserved for 15-20 people.  If it looks like we'll have a different number, I'll call and let them know.

(I will soon update the room diagrams to show Ultimate Ears and their Audiologist.)   Edit: Updated & will continue updates until the meet...

Jan 29, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #216 of 527
Quote:
Any word if Bottlhead will be in attendance? 

Doc B. of Bottlehead has confirmed that he will be there (with a Tape Deck & four listening stations) as well as donating a prize for the raffle!

Jan 29, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #219 of 527
I suggest that we all clear any vendor requests through CEE TEE.  Why?  Well, I sort of stepped in it not realizing the tables were almost full, and sent out an invite, and then had to retract it.  A case of enthusiasm overcoming good sense and good maners.  I just thought I'd try and save anyone else some embarrassment, and save CEE TEE yet another headache!

Jan 29, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #220 of 527
just to confirm I will be attending.  could I have a table reserved?  I plan on bringing...

Soha II
Carrie usb amp
dynalo
CkkIII
beta-22
 an uncased Bijou\
possibly AMB's new alpha-20 configured in a 3-channel headphone amp.

gamma-2 dac and grubdac 

portable laptop

DT-990 (600) headphones

looking forward to this meet.

Jan 30, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #223 of 527
I would look at the first two posts Hellrzr. Cee Tee has done a great job of updating those posts. In terms of my attendance, I would like to confirm I will come. I still don't have a ride since I don't have a car but I will see if there is some way I can get there via BART and Cal Train? Wish me luck!

Jan 31, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #224 of 527
CEE-TEE,

can I get a spot at table 14? I dont need the whole thing, just space for the laptop and portables, a power strip and the Bravo Audio Tube Amp (it is small)

Thanks,

-FLACvest

Jan 31, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #225 of 527
Hmmmm...
Not sure why it didn't hit me until today... Ultimate Ears, an Audiologist, and my wallet are going to converge at the same place at the same time.  I really don't see this turning out well.... esp. since I've always dug UE's sound and secretly lusted after customs for years!   

I can only hope they are so busy I can't be "helped"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back