Bay Area Meet (California): February 19th, 2011
Jan 19, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #181 of 527

Quote:

Welcome, Vincent & Ultimate Ears...

This will be a wonderful chance for everyone to audition your line-up!

I will work this weekend to assure you some space (the meet is quickly approaching) and also catch up on the organization of the meet.

Thank you for attending, this may end up being "a local meet to beat"... 

Quote:
Team Ultimate Ears will bring our latest universal-fit products and custom-fit products for people to try.

See you all there!

This is getting very exciting indeed.
Now all I need is for the Westone group to send a rep. and I'll be a poor man before the end of the day... that's for shure.
wink_face.gif

atsmile.gif

Jan 19, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #182 of 527

Quote:

CEE TEE, can you remind us how much parking costs? As I recall I got docked about $10 last year for parking a couple hours in the hotel's lot. Kinda brutal.

Hi renlute,

I hope to go up to the Doubletree this weekend to do some location scouting.  

I plan on providing some more information to help everyone out...thank you for your tip on public transportation!

Jan 19, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #183 of 527
Put me down on the list!@ And also I am bringing a friend!

No equipment ! sorry

:) can't wait

Jan 22, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #186 of 527

Quote:
Hello, I'm new to Head-Fi, but I would love to come and check out the gear. I'll bring my Ortofon e-q5's and Sunrise Xcapes if anyone is interested.

Ryan

Welcome.  Earlier in the thread there is some advice that bringing gear is optional.  So feel free to bring it along, or just come and try some equipment and meet some HeadFi folks!

Jan 22, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #189 of 527

Quote:
Hello, I'm new to Head-Fi, but I would love to come and check out the gear. I'll bring my Ortofon e-q5's and Sunrise Xcapes if anyone is interested.

Ryan

Bring 'em along!  I'll probably have my Headstage Arrow along - you can give it a listen.

Edit - Confetti and fanfare!  This was my 1100th post!  400 more and I are a head-foam-us Souffle'-us!

Jan 22, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #190 of 527
Quote:
Ahhhh, i totally wish I could go. How often do meets happen?

When the planets Saturn, Jupiter, Mercury and Mars are all in alignment, or when a smart and energetic manager like CEE TEE volunteers to take the lead, whichever occurs sooner.

The last alignment of the planets coincided with Voltron volunteering a year ago, a stellar event.

Jan 23, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #191 of 527
     Quote:
Originally Posted by aamefford /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It seems to take about a year of everyone stepping back three steps at once, until someone like Cee Tee forgets to step back, finds themselves standing out front by themselves and takes the reigns 
wink_face.gif
 Thanks Cee Tee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
When the planets Saturn, Jupiter, Mercury and Mars are all in alignment, or when a smart and energetic manager like CEE TEE volunteers to take the lead, whichever occurs sooner.

@aamefford and renlute:  My pleasure, guys!  

I have been a bit *ahem* pre-occupied for a couple of weeks while dealing with a "car situation" that arose during the holidays...

Now I am VERY happy to report that my car issue has been happily resolved today (with a replacement) and I will be scouting the location (for pictures and additional info) next weekend.

Sorry I couldn't do it this weekend!

(Thank you for stepping in and welcoming people to the meet with or without gear as we are all looking forward to it!!)

Jan 23, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #193 of 527
Jan 23, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #194 of 527
     Quote:

BTW -- Cee Tee,  how large are the tables we'll be using?

I think they are 6' X 3'.  I will contact them and confirm this.  

Jan 23, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #195 of 527
Re table size -- See pics at one of the 2-3 post-meet threads from last year, which was held at the same venue. Looks to me like they may be 60x30", but it's hard to tell. In any case you can see the variety and amount of gear likely to be concentrated on an individual table.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/474994/norcal-sf-bay-area-feb-27-meet-impressions/45

Users who are viewing this thread

Back