Battlefield 4
Aug 11, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #258 of 329
Finally got through w/ the move and now...

08/01/2014 10:34:27 - "Alex J"
Note #2: The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban from PunkBuster enabled game servers. We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered. We also have no way to know if the violation was triggered on your specific computer. Our system does not collect personal information and furthermore we have no way to attach a cheat/hack violation to a specific person. This ban will not be lifted as then the person who did trigger the violation would again be able to join PunkBuster Servers using this GUID.

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID.
07/31/2014 00:52:52 - "Jodiuh"
Note #1: Ticket submitted to support staff.

EA told me over the phone nothing can be done.

I will never buy another game affiliated w/ EA or that runs Punkbuster. Granted, this is the result of a hacker, but they should be willing to help me out. If they can't give me a new BF4 key, then they surely can understand that I need to take a stand.

It's been fun guys. I had a blast w/ a lot of you. I will miss you and life will be a lot less fun.

Peace and high fives,

Michael
 ​
 ​

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #260 of 329
Most of us, I believe, are on console. I'm pretty sure there are some "PC Elitists" around, though... :wink:

Sep 25, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #262 of 329
It's been tried, pc players dominated console players because of the mouse/kb.

Sep 25, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #263 of 329
It's been tried, pc players dominated console players because of the mouse/kb.

I know about the Microsoft study results on that all too well. They could easily level the playing field by actually taking advantage of the fact that modern consoles have USB ports.

Quake III Arena, Unreal Tournament and Half-Life all had console ports (mainly Dreamcast and PS2) back in the day. Guess what they all had in common? That's right - native KB+M support.

But now we live in an age where consoles support KB+M for interface use, but they don't bother implementing it for games unless it's the PS3 version of UT3 or DUST 514. I don't get it. If they really think that's gonna stop people from using mouse aim on consoles, all I have to say on the matter is "XIM4".

What also bothers me about the lack of cross-platform play is that it's not just a PC/console divide, but a divide between the various consoles as well. If I've got a PS3 and my friends have the X360 version instead...well, you see where this is going real fast. Granted, there are probably some big technical reasons for it not happening last generation, but this generation, you'd think the PC, PS4 and X1 versions would be on roughly equal footing.

For all sorts of reasons, technical and political, it's never going to happen, realistically speaking, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like for it to happen against all odds.

Sep 25, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #264 of 329

I know about the Microsoft study results on that all too well. They could easily level the playing field by actually taking advantage of the fact that modern consoles have USB ports.

Quake III Arena, Unreal Tournament and Half-Life all had console ports (mainly Dreamcast and PS2) back in the day. Guess what they all had in common? That's right - native KB+M support.

But now we live in an age where consoles support KB+M for interface use, but they don't bother implementing it for games unless it's the PS3 version of UT3 or DUST 514. I don't get it. If they really think that's gonna stop people from using mouse aim on consoles, all I have to say on the matter is "XIM4".

What also bothers me about the lack of cross-platform play is that it's not just a PC/console divide, but a divide between the various consoles as well. If I've got a PS3 and my friends have the X360 version instead...well, you see where this is going real fast. Granted, there are probably some big technical reasons for it not happening last generation, but this generation, you'd think the PC, PS4 and X1 versions would be on roughly equal footing.

For all sorts of reasons, technical and political, it's never going to happen, realistically speaking, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like for it to happen against all odds.

I can see PS4 playing with Xbox. Definitely not PC mixed in. Even then, that won't happen because it's all about the money at the end of the day for both parties.

Sep 25, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #266 of 329
Oh man I'd be all for consoles supporting M/KB in game. I predominantly play BF4 on PC (though not much anymore...) and decided to pick it up for the PS4 since at the time there really was bugger all else that interested me on the console. I found it extremely frustrating playing online because I knew what I wanted to do in terms of aiming and recoil control, but I just lacked the skill needed on the controller.

I honestly don't know how you gamepad players do it, if you can do well with a controller, much respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back