Battlefield 4
Jun 3, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #244 of 329
Latest PC patch is out:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150493962966647/last/

It's seems like they are finally rolling out the changes from the CTE :)

Can't wait to see what the 30Hz tick rate is like.

June 03 PC Game Update Notes:
- Improved/reduced explosion induced camera shake
- Character collision improvements
- Fix to reduce object damage mismatch between client/server.
- Fix explosion packs not being able to be shot sometimes
- Improvements for client side packet loss
- Client crash fixes
- AMD Mantle multi-GPU improvements
- Carrier Assault game mode reports bug fix
- High Frequency Network update
- Added High frequency “bubble” updating player movement, stance, rotation, damage and projectiles at a separate rate on foot and in vehicles
- Added option to control client side update rate setting

Jun 3, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #245 of 329
Jun 4, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #246 of 329
Should be about 50% better than 20Hz :wink:

:wink:

Gave it a go last night with the network set to high on a few TDM/Domination servers. Gunplay definitely felt more predictable, I think there was only one occasion where I thought I should have downed an opponent but didn't due to the lag (could have been packet loss, I don't know). Definitely less dying around corners, though it still happens now and then.

One of the more noticeable improvements from this patch is when using the shotgun. Before it was a bit of a mixed bag trying to score hits on people. It does seem much more reliable now (especially when using slugs).

A decent improvement for sure, though well overdue.

Jun 29, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #248 of 329
 This isn't me in the video..it shows you how bad bf4 is after the tick rate was messed about with..they might get it right in bf5..i am just waiting for the last of us remastered and drive club not bothered about battlefield anymore!

Jul 16, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #252 of 329
Well, not sure how many people still play BF4 but I just stepped back in since the new DLC is out.

I'm actually fairly impressed, all the new maps (except for maybe Pearl Market) are pretty damn fun to play. The Chainlink mode is pretty awesome, and it could be just placebo but the gunplay feels tighter than before. It seems like Dice are finally getting things to a state where it's actually decent to play (I believe a number of further changes are to be expected based on the CTE feedback). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back