Battlefield 4
Apr 14, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #226 of 329
Another reason to play this game for lols and not take it too seriously.  Competitive BF4 is a bit of a joke for me, its always 100% assault kit, maybe one engineer to destroy walls but that's about it.  No support or sniper because they're not useful in 99% of the game.  Some people just love assault and are fine using the same gun all day and I guess for them its all good.  I can do that but I prefer not to get sucked into playing like that.

BTW if anyone is interested ESL channel on youtube streams a lot of BF4 competitive stuff:

Apr 17, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #228 of 329
Dang, my brother played on my account today (due to PSN+ fees) and dropped my skill level by over 100 within 4 games. I know stats do not mean everything, but I had a all time high skill level of 520. Which is higher than the vast majority of players I have seen. I probably would not have kept it up my self, but I would not have dropped it that far.

Apr 18, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #229 of 329
  Dang, my brother played on my account today (due to PSN+ fees) and dropped my skill level by over 100 within 4 games. I know stats do not mean everything, but I had a all time high skill level of 520. Which is higher than the vast majority of players I have seen. I probably would not have kept it up my self, but I would not have dropped it that far.

Honestly I wouldn't bother worrying about any of your stats really, especially the 'Skill' stat. See this link for how it is actually calculated in game: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1rlm5x/how_skill_is_calculated_solved/

So yeah, like a lot of the stats in the game, it tends to favour the TDM/domination/infantry type player. I wouldn't be too concerned about it, I've had CQ matches where I've been well into the 60+ kill mark and actively pushed the objective and still had a negative skill at the end of the match...

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #230 of 329
Actually, skill level rewards team play more than anything... especially the squad leader. Spotting enemies and setting objectives is the key for others, while wrecking havoc in your own way... that's the key...

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #231 of 329
Stats lie anyway, most of the rounds I have done monster scores on were with heavily stacked teams destroying some unfortunate nubs.  Other maps where some clan decides to stack the pub and, I am on the wrong team, I will be lucky to break even.  If you play jet that will kill your stats.  If you play vehicle maps your kpm with small arms will go down.  Try to have fun in the game otherwise the game is playing you.

The one actual pro gamer I have come across didn't really have huge kdr as they actually train properly in scrims/matches etc where thy are evenly matched.  When I played the the guy though I could tell right away that he was better than the average clan scrub.  It was immediately obvious.  That said they did have some untouchable weapon stats like 2.5+kpm with bolt and 3.5+ kpm with assault and super high score/min.  I can't get near that.  Not that pro gamers use bolt in matches as its useless but this guy could scope...  Also comp BF3 was no vehicle so factor that in.  To be honest I think BF4 is a pretty crummy infantry shooter and only holds water when the vehicles and potential for goofing around are factored in.  IMO CS is still the best competitive fps, and even COD4 was better as infantry FPS.

Apr 18, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #232 of 329

Honestly I wouldn't bother worrying about any of your stats really, especially the 'Skill' stat. See this link for how it is actually calculated in game: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1rlm5x/how_skill_is_calculated_solved/

So yeah, like a lot of the stats in the game, it tends to favour the TDM/domination/infantry type player. I wouldn't be too concerned about it, I've had CQ matches where I've been well into the 60+ kill mark and actively pushed the objective and still had a negative skill at the end of the match...

I am not worried too much about stats, buts wrong with actually shooting for good stats? Everybody is so anti-stat now. It gives you a goal to shoot for. When I have my favorite class picked out, and favorite weapon along with being a high level what other goals could I have? I am not going to go crazy over the stats, but hell when I have a goal to shoot for in a game I shoot for it. I personally go for coming a better player, and better stats are often directly involved.

Also I knew that was how it was calculated, and it is actually why I deemed it one of the most important stats for me. It involves 3 important statistics which are often included in playing the objective well. The only problem I have with the skill level is that you can cause it to dive drastically fast if your not playing consistently. One bad game and you can drop your skill 30+ points.

Actually, skill level rewards team play more than anything... especially the squad leader. Spotting enemies and setting objectives is the key for others, while wrecking havoc in your own way... that's the key...

+1  if you play just for kills then your spm is generally reduced and drastically reduces your skill level. Atleast in rush, which is all I play. I have seen people near 2.00kdr with horrible skill levels.
  Stats lie anyway, most of the rounds I have done monster scores on were with heavily stacked teams destroying some unfortunate nubs.  Other maps where some clan decides to stack the pub and, I am on the wrong team, I will be lucky to break even.  If you play jet that will kill your stats.  If you play vehicle maps your kpm with small arms will go down.  Try to have fun in the game otherwise the game is playing you.

The one actual pro gamer I have come across didn't really have huge kdr as they actually train properly in scrims/matches etc where thy are evenly matched.  When I played the the guy though I could tell right away that he was better than the average clan scrub.  It was immediately obvious.  That said they did have some untouchable weapon stats like 2.5+kpm with bolt and 3.5+ kpm with assault and super high score/min.  I can't get near that.  Not that pro gamers use bolt in matches as its useless but this guy could scope...  Also comp BF3 was no vehicle so factor that in.  To be honest I think BF4 is a pretty crummy infantry shooter and only holds water when the vehicles and potential for goofing around are factored in.  IMO CS is still the best competitive fps, and even COD4 was better as infantry FPS.

This is somewhat true, but you can still have good stats while playing against other players of the same skill. It matters on your play style I guess. There are plenty of times my team was getting squashed, and I have pulled out really good numbers.

Apr 19, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #233 of 329
Stats can be useful if you know how to read them, as long as you don't get frustrated if they go down.  Similar I wish I was better at accepting defeat or getting smashed by a better team by not worrying about the score or insurmountable odds.  Best way to get "good" as in comp player style of good is to play clan servers rather than pubs and watch replays, spectate, try to pick up tips etc.  I never really enjoyed doing the clan thing though, too much stress and not enough fun. 

Apr 20, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #234 of 329
A few weeks ago I picked up a BF4 key. Must say that since playing the beta 6 months ago it's become way nicer than the impression I was left with. It still is more arcade-ish compared to BF3 but especially the in-game performance has made leaps. Had to search and try a while to counter tearing but after that I was satisfied enough to keep the game installed. Replay value is there now. Noob inbound!

Apr 20, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #236 of 329
Any one want to play me (PS4)?  I'd love to have some Head-Fi friends to play with or against!!  

Favorite game by far on the PS4 so far is Battlefield 4.  Can't put down the online multiplayer (even though I'm only alright at it)  

Apr 23, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #240 of 329
Tried getting into this game but after a while it just doesn't do it for me in mp like Bad Company 2 does. Guess I have to wait for BC3 if or when it comes out which will probably be never.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back