Bassy IEM reccomendations
May 10, 2011 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tristanshiz

New Head-Fier
Hey all.

I'm TristanShiz from MP4Nation.

Ive been using the Brainwavz M2 for a while now and they are basically my standard of bassy sound, but i recently got a replacement pair and the workmanship is poor.

10min of use and the cable is fraying and the right earbud has no sound :/

Im thinking of getting a different branded earphone but outside the brainwavz line of earphone and the sennheiser cx500, I'm pretty clueless on what to replace the M2s with.

Any help would be appreciated

May 10, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #2 of 8
Denon C710's
Sennheiser IE8's

May 10, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #6 of 8
Monster Turbines...and it all depends on the price point.  <100, go regular, <100 go gold.  The coppers aren't quite as bassy as the other two, so unless you're using a portable amp, I'd stick with the regulars or the golds.

May 10, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #7 of 8
Sennheiser ie8 for sure. If you are looking for a cheaper option, probably the monster turbines or hippo VB would be suited.

May 17, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #8 of 8
Hmm.  Well, I have limited experience with headphones in general, though I do believe I have kept my mouth shut long enough and lurked enough to know at least something.

I searched your M2s and they retail around 60$.  A good IEM at that price point eludes me; this is a new game for me, the low-end IEM market.  Are you willing to upgrade and spend more?  

I am Jack's smirking shoulder-demon, whispering into his ear.

I gave my sister my turbines once I bought monster copper pros, but those had some rumble to them (nothing the coppers can't do with some EQ) . . . while sounding much better, to boot.

I guess it all depends on what your price point is and what kind of bass you're looking for, what range you want it in.  Have you made your purchase yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back