BASS
Mar 18, 2003 at 6:34 PM Post #16 of 31
it is a personal preference.

we are all individuals .

let them do what they want .

you dont have to listen to what they listen in their equipment.

also there are 15 inch subwoofers at the back of BMW, MB, lexus , etc.......... als well as at home ......

Jun 24, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #24 of 31

Quote:
Lol I thought it could use a seven year bump:)

You could make a new thread instead.....Not bumping old ones! 
ph34r.gif

Mar 11, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #25 of 31
I'm going to start off with, I agree with everyone in this thread in one way or another (and skip to last paragraph if you're lazy). I am not insulting anyone or trying to be a nuisance or anything of the sort. See, I am very general when it comes to music, which means (in my mind) I must be very general on my headphones. meaning MULTIPLE headphones. i listen to a lot of rap/techno/dubstep, but in that same playlist I have classical music, Bach, and even CAKE. What I'm trying to say is, I want some cans that when I put them on, and listen to my rap, it will be amazing and so over powered, I just get lost in the beats. My Dub-step and Techno shall rock my head and the beats shall flood my mind.

Then later, when I'm more calm, I want to wear another pair and just hear everything else too. Go back over it all and listen to it through different ears really.... Or perhaps buy a couple MORE cans (I love collecting things), and then go back over the classicals with some Grados's and some 212's for the rap so on so forth.

Anyways, that's all dream talk, soon to come true. I don't have Grados's, I don't have Senn212's (THO I WISH SO BAD, WHERE CAN I FIND SOME?!?!?!?!?!?!?! THEYRE GOOOOOONE), and I don't have any high class cans. I will soon be buying some Sony MDR-XB700/500's soon, and after that, most likely some Senn HD (pick a number)'s. :)

So what I'm trying to say in summary is some people want headphones that are bass heavy to listen to just their rap or dubstep or techno, but they have good headphones to listen to normally or as backups. I like to have headphones geared specifically for my genres, also. I love you all, *puts on flamesuit*

Mar 11, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #27 of 31
Sometimes I like my bass. Screw you, ancient OP.
L3000.gif

edit: notice the irony of my smile emoticon, as it's wearing AD700s... whoops.

Mar 11, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #28 of 31

Nominated for Post of the Year award.

Quote:
First of all, I agree with everybody, I don't know what all of this is about bass. Sure they are nice fish, and they can be pretty big, even the mid-bass are pretty big, like people are saying. But there are bigger fish, and prettier, smaller fish. I don't know why so many people at head-fi are obsessed with this one kind of fish, and frankly, I am shocked that so many people at head-fi go fishing. It's bizarre and astonishing. Is there something about people who like headphones that they like to fish? Somehow, it's hard to even go one post and the topic turns to fish, and to bass in particular. I'm sorry, but this is really, really weird. To be honest, I don't fish at all. I feel bad for the fish. Sure, I did some fishing as a kid, but I never caught any bass. Mostly trout. Rainbow trout have nice colors, colors that I like better than bass.
redface.gif

As to the 15" drivers in civics. I resent that remark. I'm currently planning a quaint 10" polk sub to go in the back of mine (Unless someone can point me in the direction of a decently priced DVC SqL 8" ) I like bass, tight punchy controlled bass. I don't understand the attraction of vibrating my eardrums to soup.
basshead.gif

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #29 of 31
Edit: Poop on you, internet explorer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back